Neytiri AVATAR Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I with you 100% riky. I am giving it until the end of October. If there is no change I will cancel aswell. That early release of IronMan scared me too much to wait any longer for updates.

You guys hit the nail on the head though. Without updates the interest fades very quickly :exactly:

So the official word from Sideshow is that the hairline will remain "As is" with no changes, per the Q&A..

They will be adding the tuft of hair on the tail, though.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I cancelled this a long time ago. Personally, I think the statue is to small for the price. I'll wait for the legacy version....

Chris

Last edited:
I'm ok with it but just want the Legacy version to be announced so i can decide which way to go.

Bummed about this one. Was really looking forward to it, but I cancelled my regular edition a few weeks ago and cancelled my waitlist reservation for the exclusive this morning. The hair on the tail was the least important issue (to me) because it was not the focal point of the statue like her head and face, but I guess gluing a hairy tuff onto the tip of the tail was the cheapest of the fixes. I am surprised to hear that other collectors do not seem to mind at all. At least not enough to stop them from purchasing the piece. To me quality and accuracy are the selling point of high end collectables. Maybe we have become so use to expecting crap, that when something is not a complete failure we are satisfied with the sub par product we do get. Just a guess, I may be wrong, and am only speaking for myself. I still believe that voting with your wallet is the only way to convey your message in situations like this, but unfortunately my one vote makes little to no difference.
On a positive note I am happy that my question was directly answered :) and the Gentle Giant bust is looking better and better in comparison (again just my opinion)

Cancelled mine, I don't understand how you guys can "live with it" though. To me that means its not quite there yet but I'll get it anyway. It's a $300 statue. If it doesn't meet your expectations I don't understand how you can go through with the purchase but to each their own I guess. I hope someone enjoys the exclusive I cancelled :peace

The hair looks weird in the official site pics but not bad in normal lighting at all.

neytirimc.jpg

Exactly just how far off is the hairline? :huh

LMK. :wink1:

What I think they are referring to is the hair line looks like a wig, not so much of being off.

I think this is an amazing piece. SSC did a great job on the overall sculpt and you can definitely see Neytiri. The stance of her is dead on from the movie and brings some serious attitude to the piece. I am not a huge Avatar fan, but I had to own this.

Cancelled mine too. Not because of the hairline but just had too many items on preorder. Something had to go. It's a wonderful piece, wish I could keep it.

for them to get that look i think it would have to be real hair maybe? how can they do that with the polystone? it would probably not look like the movie.

Back