Neytiri AVATAR Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bummed about this one. Was really looking forward to it, but I cancelled my regular edition a few weeks ago and cancelled my waitlist reservation for the exclusive this morning. The hair on the tail was the least important issue (to me) because it was not the focal point of the statue like her head and face, but I guess gluing a hairy tuff onto the tip of the tail was the cheapest of the fixes. I am surprised to hear that other collectors do not seem to mind at all. At least not enough to stop them from purchasing the piece. To me quality and accuracy are the selling point of high end collectables. Maybe we have become so use to expecting crap, that when something is not a complete failure we are satisfied with the sub par product we do get. Just a guess, I may be wrong, and am only speaking for myself. I still believe that voting with your wallet is the only way to convey your message in situations like this, but unfortunately my one vote makes little to no difference.
On a positive note I am happy that my question was directly answered :) and the Gentle Giant bust is looking better and better in comparison (again just my opinion)

Agree with all the way. I really like Avatar and Neytiri and I think sideshow dropped the ball on this one. No matter how much I like the movie or character, I feel better knowing I had the courage to say "no" to a statue if QC is down. There was a time I would have bought this even though I didnt like the sculpt. I will pay $300 when I really like it and the quality is there. I think this will end up in stock and there is no reason this character sould be instock.

The hair had to be a separate piece so that it wasn't all sculpted down on the neck and shoulders and so the braid(spelling?) could be free. There clearly was no way to achieve the look of free-flowing hair and a blended hairline.

This seems like a very easy custom mod to fix though. Just have somebody putty blend the hairline on the forehead and paint it black. Easy-peasy. Mine will definitely be getting that treatment. Now if only I could find somebody with enough skill to pull it off.

Oh, wait, duh....

This is form the movie. the hair line is closer to the head and

Neytiri-avatar-10556516-676-393.jpg

It should not look like a wig.....

sideshowneytiripics.jpg

GE80036lg.jpg

GG seems to have pulled off a proper hairline at an even smaller scale and the likeness is a bit better as well (imo)

It's a joke!!! :slap

The likeness is much better on the Sideshow version!

Wait the production of the GGs, which are far more often catastrophic than Sideshow :wave

The likeness on the GG one is NOT better, in fact the face looks like a random na'vi woman (could possibly be the paintjob doing that though).

The sideshow statue's face is dead-on. Sure the hairline isn't realistic looking and could be improved but i think that problem has been blown way out of proportion.

My only real problem with this piece was the bald tail and that will be fixed so i'm happy.

yea you guys are crazy, the sideshow statue looks and is way better than that bust

yea you guys are crazy, the sideshow statue looks and is way better than that bust

Whoa there!! Ease up buddy, I have no problem with anyone buying the SS version, I simply think the bust looks good and I am not going to call you crazy for buying the statue. Take it easy its not like I don't support sideshow or anything I have bought four statues this year and they are all from sideshow :dunno

sorry, i just dont see neytiri in the bust is all.
btw i wish we could see more of the legacy statue soon. I bet sideshow knows it will hurt sales of the pf because many, including myself, might cancel the sideshow statue to save up for that if its better.

Big difference in price point between the bust and SS Neytiri though. I like the look of the bust and the hairline does look a lot better and I can't figure out why SS couldn't have done it just as well.

I think the SS face looks closer to the screen Neytiri, however the GG bust is a lot smaller picture and it isn't as easy to see. Doesn't look like there is hair on the tail in the bust either.

I think I'll probably get the bust simply because it is a lot cheaper and it won't take up as much room as the SS version.

Will Hot Toys be making their own figures of Avatar? I'm probably more interested in 1/6 scale rather than PF, I don't have the room to showcase larger statues and I really like the look of HT figures.

Big difference in price point between the bust and SS Neytiri though. I like the look of the bust and the hairline does look a lot better and I can't figure out why SS couldn't have done it just as well.

:exactly: I saw it at SDCC and it just doesnt look like a $300 statue, issues aside I would be more tempted at a price point of 250.

I would have gladly paid the 300 if not for the zig zag hairline :(

Back