Neytiri AVATAR Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is the center image from J Scott Campbell's 2010 sketchbook called More Gray Area

I saw the Avatar Special edition in Imax on Saturday... The 9 extra mins where awsome and will worth paying to see it again... The extra Tsu'tey scenes are badass...

Canceled exclusive today, hope someone gets it that really wants it. To many things I didnt like on this one. Dissapointed since I do like Avatar and I do like Neytiri.

Will we see finished production pictures before this starts to ship and credit cards are charged?

:sancho I'm with you on this one Riky. I've got the Ex on order as well and I am not going to fork out that kind of cash without seeing a finished product. Maybe we can send off a couple of emails and see if we get any replies and hopefully some good news.

The "Ask Sideshow" portion of their website still not updated. Gonna be irked if this is not addressed when it is finally updated

Here is the official response from SS:
Quote:
"Once we have received approval from the licensor, the production photos will be updated. Please be assured that if you place an order and are not happy with the finished product, you can cancel the order or return the item upon receipt" Endquote.

Lets just hope they don't do what they did with Iron man Maquette and send it a whole quarter early.

Considering this statue in not 1/4 I don't consider this a Premium Format statue.

Still a nice announcement. I do hope that SS gets the hairline fixed on Neytiri.

Hey Riky, it wasn't posted I emailed them with my concerns about the statue and that was the reply I got back from customer service. For some reason I am not holding my breath for photos of the finished article and may cancel towards the end of year if nothing changes.

Are we still talking about the hair line and the tail problem or is there more issues with the statue that I don't know about yet?

When I emailed CS the response I received was:
Thank you for your email. We appreciate your interest in our products
and the time you took to contact our Customer Service Department.
Product development questions and suggestions are best submitted through
our "Ask Sideshow" link which can be found under our Ministry of
Information section. Questions submitted there are answered by our
Product Development team.

Here is the link: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/php/asksideshowphp

I had already done that and since the Q&A has not been updated since 8/2 I have been waiting ever since

Thank you for posting that

Not a problem. Just on your response from SS though I find that very inconsiderate of them to basically palm you off to another section. I have had this argument with them already. What is so hard for customer service to contact the appropriate department and get you the answer you want. I mean not all of us are in the same time zone and you don't want to explain your problem or query to numerous people. I think they should change their name from Customer Service Dept to Initial Contact and Processing Dept. Nuff said.

Firebird - yeah still the hair problem dude, just can't get a drop of info out of sideshow at the moment.

I am going to start to lose interest in anything Avatar if all these companies keep making us wait! Blows me away that movies like Prince of Persia or Expendables come out and the collectible preorder for something is right there on the spot lol
Avatar comes out and they all scramble, get confused, don't know what to do etc.
So far, all we have is a Sideshow Neytiri that is small in scale and has issues people don't like. And a super expensive, mega delayed Amp Suit piece that is losing steam as well.
Where the heck is Hot Toys and Legacy Effects? At least with some hint of pictures?
I need something to give my collecting a jolt. I haven't been excited to get anything in a long time.
I'm just waiting waiting waiting for the Neytiri Maquette. I really hope they show something soon. :monkey2

Whats wrong with the tail again?

Chris

Her tail is missing the tuft of hair on the end, she is missing her eyelashes and her hairline is....... Beyond words. Canceled mine a few weeks ago. Don't want to risk them billing me and shipping it to me without see a production piece. Interest was also started to fade a bit. I guess months without an update can have that effect

Maybe we will be shocked and get a surprise update during Spooktacular or something! But I doubt it.
Or when the Extended release comes out in November.

And you're right...one can start to lose interest without updates.

Back