NEXT Star Wars 1/6th Figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You bet Sol, I wasn't sure if that article had been brought up in here and I thought people would enjoy it. That "exile" Obi-Wan would make for an awesome 1/6th figure. The Landspeeder would be a great display piece but the price tag on something like that will probably keep it out of most of our hands.

So they did Obi-Wan and Anakin and Rex from the Clone Wars.
They should do an Ahsoka Tano figure as well.
In her new outfit from seasons 3 & 4.
Not from season 1 & 2.
I can't believe she hasn't been planned yet.

So it looks like we will be seeing some re-releases (in a sense) of older figures, from what Tom Gilliand said in an interview.

"TOM GILLILAND: Star Wars is a life-blood property for us... Our ongoing Premium Format line will be punctuated by new versions of the classic Episode IV characters as well as some interesting departures into the expanded universe. And the continued development of our Sixth Scale articulated figures are about to get an additional boost with some very ambitious projects. Look for Sideshow to update some older offerings with all new interpretations while also releasing some really special – and BIG – characters and vehicles."

Hopefully this means a release of some kind of XD line with vastly improved human sculpts, tailoring, swap-out heads, and maybe even better bodies.
OT -- new and improved Farmboy Luke, smuggler Han and princess Leia, followed by X-Wing Pilot Luke, Hoth Han, Slave Leia, Skiff Lando, Jedi Luke. Emperor, TIE Pilot, Royal Guard, Emperor, Tarkin, Akbar
On the PT side--Qui Gon is a must, Mace Windu, ep II, III Anakin, Queen/Arena/Senator Amidala, Dooku, Yoda, Aayla Secura, Shaak Ti. Palpatine, Senate Guard
EU -- Talon is a given, would also like to see Mara Jade, Galen Marek, Quinlon Vos, Xizor, Satele Shan, Royal Guard trainee, Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus.
Big Characters -- Chewbacca is a given, but could also see a Tauntaun, Wampa and possibly even a Rancor.

I personally would like for them to revisit Qui Gon... that would be a nice incentive for me to order the Padawan Kenobi! And while they're at it... a reworked Mace Windu... then a Prequel Yoda and Count Dooku!

That said... I'd really like to hear news about a Sideshow Jango! They already released Boba... Jango wouldn't require starting from the ground up...

Hopefully this means a release of some kind of XD line with vastly improved human sculpts, tailoring, swap-out heads, and maybe even better bodies.
OT -- new and improved Farmboy Luke, smuggler Han and princess Leia, followed by X-Wing Pilot Luke, Hoth Han, Slave Leia, Skiff Lando, Jedi Luke. Emperor, TIE Pilot, Royal Guard, Emperor, Tarkin, Akbar
On the PT side--Qui Gon is a must, Mace Windu, ep II, III Anakin, Queen/Arena/Senator Amidala, Dooku, Yoda, Aayla Secura, Shaak Ti. Palpatine, Senate Guard
EU -- Talon is a given, would also like to see Mara Jade, Galen Marek, Quinlon Vos, Xizor, Satele Shan, Royal Guard trainee, Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus.
Big Characters -- Chewbacca is a given, but could also see a Tauntaun, Wampa and possibly even a Rancor.

Hey Nexus...how old was that interview?

With the recent offering of Padawan Obi-Wan and his light up saber, I thought I might try to buy a couple base bodies for updating my Order of Jedi, but to no avail as SS doesn't offer Prometheus bodies on thier website much less the version with the light up core.

Wedge, Biggs and Luke in X-wing gear would rule. Maybe they'll lay off clones and do Rebel pilots for a bit.

THAT would be awesome! But something tells me that Sideshow is gonna keep dipping clone troopers and battle droids for a long time. :panic:

I would like to see Grievous, Count Dooku, Chewbacca, Grand Moff Tarkin, Shaak Ti, Little Anakin, an appropriate Padmé Amidala, Ahsoka Tano, Bail Organa, Nute Gunray, Watto, Jar Jar, Zuckuss, Wicket W. Warrick, Admiral Ackbar, Mon Mothma, Dark Honor Guard, and, of course, R2-D2 and C-3PO.

Not to mention The Old Republic and Darth Nihilus, Darth Bane, Exar Kun, Odan-Urr, Ulic Qel-Droma, Nomi Sunrider, Marka Ragnos, Marn Hierogryph, and, of course, Naga Sadow.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few...

Back