NEXT Star Wars 1/6th Figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've really come to appreciate the ANH version best over time -- although over the years I waffled back and forth as to which look I like best. Finally just settled on the look that started it all.

He looks like he's seen some action with that scuffed suit - & I dig the robes over the shoulder / chest armour, plus all the unique differences that distinguish it from the other films.

When I see those iconic photos & posters from 1977 / 78 - heaven. :rock

8401491.jpeg

ANH to ESB is the most severe change -- belt and chest boxes change, robes outside, cod piece and armor change, stitching on gloves change, etc. ESB to ROTJ has very minute differences (chin grill size, etc).

I know Vader is inevitable because everyone has to do one. I just hope that HT brings something special to the table with their version. Maybe it could be an Ep IV & V DX loaded with extras like a mouse droid, kneeling base, light-up sabers, etc. I would prefer Ep IV Luke and Leia before other versions because it would be great to finally see the original gang all together in high end fashion. Once you toss in Old Ben and maybe Tarkin, you've pretty much got ANH covered. Then move on to ESB and pick up Lando and Boba. And then head off to ESB and produce Jedi Luke, Slave Leia, Emperor, and Ep VI Darth Vader with reveal. This is assuming that SS continues producing droids, troopers and non-human aliens.

That said, I still want to see the PT line produced in parallel to the OT line, which could very well be the case.

Let's play - a - game.

ANH:
1. Han - done
2. Chewie - done
3. Luke Farmboy
4. Princess Leia
5. Old Ben
6. Stormtrooper

ESB:
1. Yoda
2. Boba Fett

ROTJ:
1. Vader - predicted
2. Jedi Luke - predicted
3. Emperor

Seems like this makes the most sense.

I could live with that.

Man, I hope you're two for two on this. Thanks for the scoop.

Let's play - a - game.

ANH:
1. Han - done
2. Chewie - done
3. Luke Farmboy
4. Princess Leia
5. Old Ben
6. Stormtrooper

ESB:
1. Yoda
2. Boba Fett

ROTJ:
1. Vader - predicted
2. Jedi Luke - predicted
3. Emperor

Seems like this makes the most sense.

I don´t care if they produce only 1 figure every 2-3 years, as long as they produce outstanding quality (more DX07, less Han ANH) ...

Inside information is suggesting the next set for release will be Vader and Jedi Luke. THAT would be an awesome announcement.

This would be amazing.

Next two after those should include ANH Leia with either the droids or Ben Kenobi.
Holographic Leia as the EX should be a MUST.

IMO, from a sales perspective, the most sense would be ANH Leia and Luke next. Sideshow already has the others covered with recent, currently available and upcoming figures - Jedi Luke being the exception. That's something Hot Toys doesn't need when already so much of their product is going unsold for such long periods. These two figures would compliment the others from both companies and help to drive, instead of hinder, sales.

IMO, from a sales perspective, the most sense would be ANH Leia and Luke next. Sideshow already has the others covered with recent, currently available and upcoming figures - Jedi Luke being the exception. That's something Hot Toys doesn't need when already so much of their product is going unsold for such long periods. These two figures would compliment the others from both companies and help to drive, instead of hinder, sales.

Farm boy Luke wouldn't be a bad choice but I rather get Ben Kenobi or even a Stormtrooper before another Luke (if the rumors of Luke and Vader being the next set of two are true)

I could honestly seeing the next set being Luke and Leia from ANH since Sideshow recently released their Vader. But I dunno... I guess we'll see. Hope we don't have to wait as long as we had to for the Han/Chewie announcement :lol

Well, those are just my guesses. For all I know, it could be ROTJ General Lando. But those seem to be the top choices within the limits of the game. Top choices meaning for most people and likely would complete a small but total top tier display for the OT.

I'm just expressing my preference. I suppose we basically have an ESB version, if you ignore the lightsaber design and chain hook.

Wor-Gar said:
Slave Leia is definitely a possibility instead of the Emperor. Not sure how HT will do with nudie dolls. But it would be a crowd pleaser in concept. Maybe I'll make her an alternate. Would be odd to have TWO Leias though.

I'm content with Sideshow's Emperor, is all. I've never been too anxious for a Slave Leia, but I bet they'd do her justice. Jedi/Endor Luke, Endor Han and Endor Leia is also possible. If they did commit that much energy to the heroes, I'd expect to see Hoth/Bespin Leia with Bespin Han in the ESB slots. That would cover all three protagonists from all three films.

That makes the most sense to me (with Tarkin and Kenobi filling the last two '77 slots). After that, they could deal with the demands of new movie hype and then afterwards, dedicate their full resources to Stormtroopers, Vader and Fett.

Back