NEXT Star Wars 1/6th Figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, massively.

And I think that it's leading to more picking and choosing for collectors and stock sitting on Sideshow's and their retailer's websites. They've been running quite a few sales promotions. Extra rewards, discounts, monthly coupons, free shipping, etc. to try and entice collectors to pull the trigger on that maybe if it was cheaper toy.

Personally, I really hope the make an overly-priced, over produced Vader.

Sideshow has already nailed the overpriced, so Hot Toys should concentrate on over produced. We don't need a ton of useless extra crap like display helmets and stands, we just need an epic figure. I'm also always hesitant to see anything electric on Hot Toys products because I don't want to burn anything down and Hot Toys doesn't know the least bit about wiring and applying power to anything.

Sideshow has already nailed the overpriced, so Hot Toys should concentrate on over produced. We don't need a ton of useless extra crap like display helmets and stands, we just need an epic figure. I'm also always hesitant to see anything electric on Hot Toys products because I don't want to burn anything down and Hot Toys doesn't know the least bit about wiring and applying power to anything.

Like Robocop, Vader will talk... for a short time before your cheap batteries corrode your perfect toy forever.

There will also be the 'black panties' syndrome.

And yet here we all are praying for certain massively overpriced and over produced figures.

Personally, I really hope the make an overly-priced, over produced Vader.

I want an overpriced Hoth Leia. But, really, if Hot Toys keeps it around this price point, and that's a big if, I think their quality coupled with the pricing is better than what Sideshow's been offering. $300 Speeder Bike and $230 Deadpool don't sit right with me.

To be fair, one of the big reasons Sideshow's new DC and Marvel figures cost the big bucks is that they're packed with stuff, like alternate head sculpts. Hand-painting has got to cost a pretty penny compared to the production of so many of the other typical parts, especially those that are re-usable.

Does this look like $200's worth?

FKMPgxY.jpg

Ill-fitting clothes and cheap goggles?

I'd love if it were $100 myself. For $200 you get a lot more than what's in that image, which is one reason for that pice. But there's nothing in that image that would appear any better on any of Hot Toys products at the same magnification if that's what you were getting at. Early prototype issues not withstanding (really poor cutout on the badge thing for instance).

I'd love if it were $100 myself. For $200 you get a lot more than what's in that image, which is one reason for that pice. But there's nothing in that image that would appear any better on any of Hot Toys products at the same magnification if that's what you were getting at. Early prototype issues not withstanding (really poor cutout on the badge thing for instance).

Well you don't get 'alot' of extra stuff...

2159-commander-luke-skywalker-hoth-012.jpg

And personally I think the strap on the goggles and the buckles looks really cheap.

But hey, I'm rooting for Sideshow on this one. I've been with them for a long, long time now.

Well you don't get 'alot' of extra stuff...

That's not a shot of all the items. Sideshow seems to miss the "everything in the box" shots lately. There are six more hands and another whole head not included in that photo. Two more heads if you count the damaged one in the exclusive.

FKMPgxY.jpg

Ill-fitting clothes and cheap goggles?

Those goggles do look a little too Hasbro.

That's not a shot of all the items. Sideshow seems to miss the "everything in the box" shots lately. There are six more hands and another whole head not included in that photo. Two more heads if you count the damaged one in the exclusive.

Yeah, I caved on this because three heads is pretty unique and a good deal for a 1/6 figure (considering a good 1/6 head goes for around $25 on eBay.)

Three heads that turn out bad on the other hand...:lol

considering a good 1/6 head goes for around $25 on eBay.

Are you sure you didn't miss a 1 in front of the 2? ;) I supposed it depends on the release and subject matter, you're right, you can pick up a lot of nice stuff for $25 - but some nice stuff costs $60 or $70 plus a paint job.

And to be extra fair (with flair), the Hoth Luke and Han Hoth face sculpts look like Prime Rib or Fillet compared to Hot Toys' ANH Han ground beef. If these figures were a benchmark at $200, I wouldn't feel comfortable paying more than half for HT's recent showing. Maybe everything will change in hand, but we've only got pre-production photos to go on from both camps.

Last edited:
Are you sure you didn't miss a 1 in front of the 2? ;) I supposed it depends on the release and subject matter, you're right, you can pick up a lot of nice stuff for $25 - but some nice stuff costs $60 or $70 plus a paint job.

Yeah, I was meaning the newer generation DID/3R or knock-off HT heads. They're as good quality as HT heads in terms of sculpt/paint/finish (well, not always in-hand - just got a knock-off Cap head that wasn't great) and they are in $20-30 range. But actual HT heads are definitely way higher than that.

Me too but only because I changed the shirt and jacket on the Rotj medicom han to sideshow ESB

Back