Next LOTR PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take just about anything, though it would be nice to have another member of the Fellowship. I would love a Gimli.

:goodpost: Was it ever explained by sideshow why they stopped the fellowship line? Gimli would be snapped up in an instant, no brainer for them.

You mean the 1:6th figure line? It was a combo of pacing and lotr fans just not being big action figure collectors.

there is really not much left i want from lotr statues except the 4x hobbit in 1/5 scale to finish the fellowship. Everything else i want i have.

For PF, maybe a very well sculpted eowyn in full battle armor will be somewhat interesting...

there is really not much left i want from lotr statues except the 4x hobbit in 1/5 scale to finish the fellowship. Everything else i want i have.

For PF, maybe a very well sculpted eowyn in full battle armor will be somewhat interesting...

Just the hobbits and you're done? I kind of find that sad with all the great characters and renditions we hopefully will get.

How about a Merry and Pippin on a Treebeard base?

interesting. when you say Treebead base you mean Treebeards home? gosh it's been 10years since i've read the books, forgotten what it's called :slap

1/5? there is a great Frodo PF that i only just added to my collection, so 3 hobbits remain :)

Just the hobbits and you're done? I kind of find that sad with all the great characters and renditions we hopefully will get.

lol dont be sad josh.

What else is there? I got all the released fellowship ex in the maquette line which to me personally is some of the best work ss has ever done. Got arwen repainted by one of the best to look the way it should. Got the gollum/smeagol pf, weta sauron, even managed to find a high quality smaug inlaid with 18k gold :lol And have 2x ringwraith ex on order.

The bad guys PF is a possibility, but honestly i am not too keen on paying flipper price on a bunch of orcs... some of the weta environments are good but no space either.

So what else is there? i would buy an eowyn or galadriel if they ever release one that's done correctly, but other than that. Just dont see it...

With dc & marvel ramping up, i feel the $ could get me a bit more over there now that i have all the key statues for lotr.

Go look at my list and you will see numerous great options. I guess it depends on your level of fandom and how deep you want to go with getting characters from Lord of the Rings.

Go look at my list and you will see numerous great options. I guess it depends on your level of fandom and how deep you want to go with getting characters from Lord of the Rings.

i've said it before but Gimli & Boromir are the obvious ones. though i'd love a Treebeard figure, he may suit the maquette line more though?
well, i'm not as worried about getting Boromir done as a PF because my waitlist for the Boromir EX. came through :hi5: and though i've read there are some faults i'm going ahead with my order hoping i get a goodun.

Last edited:
Take the Star Wars line for instance. The star wars line of PF's and statues have had characters such as basic stormtroopers, clone troopers, speed biker scouts etc.

I don't see why the lotr line shouldn't extend to characters such as Galadrihm Archers, Gondor soldiers, or even Rohan Royal gaurds.
As long they are done well and look kick @ss they will no doubt be well recieved.

You can collect Luke Skywalker in about every possible wardrobe change, (not that that's a bad thing) The lotr line could even look at doing another Aragorn, if it wanted to concerntrate on principle cast. Say, in his Black Gate costume with Anduril?

In a way I guess it does depened on how fanatic you are about the franchise. But in the end, I can always see a generic character, like a soldier, getting great reception, provided that the final product is an awsome maquette/ PF or whatever.

The Beserker is kind of generic, in that it's just an Uruk-hai. But that PF is - in my opinion - the flagship of the lotr PF line.
It has an on-screen time in one of the three films of about twelve seconds lol. Yet look how well recieved it was as a PF!

Never rule out the possibility of generic or background characters :lecture

My personal interest are to have Boromir, Gimli and Sam. Then Merry, Pip.

For me, a bad character should be made to alternate from the good as long as the entire fellowship is completed and not compromised before the line is finished.

A few bad characters I would love to see made in PF form are (in no particular order) Saruman, Twilight Witch King, Sauron, and Gothmog (standing).

A few other charaters that should be made (my opinion)... The King of the Dead and a Prologue Elven Warrior.

The PF to end it all would be a Cave Troll. That would be a nice finish to the collection.

That is 11 PF's and a Cave Troll. By going rates (in US dollers) = 4,650. (approx)

Take the Star Wars line for instance. The star wars line of PF's and statues have had characters such as basic stormtroopers, clone troopers, speed biker scouts etc.

I don't see why the lotr line shouldn't extend to characters such as Galadrihm Archers, Gondor soldiers, or even Rohan Royal gaurds.
As long they are done well and look kick @ss they will no doubt be well recieved.

You can collect Luke Skywalker in about every possible wardrobe change, (not that that's a bad thing) The lotr line could even look at doing another Aragorn, if it wanted to concerntrate on principle cast. Say, in his Black Gate costume with Anduril?

In a way I guess it does depened on how fanatic you are about the franchise. But in the end, I can always see a generic character, like a soldier, getting great reception, provided that the final product is an awsome maquette/ PF or whatever.

The Beserker is kind of generic, in that it's just an Uruk-hai. But that PF is - in my opinion - the flagship of the lotr PF line.
It has an on-screen time in one of the three films of about twelve seconds lol. Yet look how well recieved it was as a PF!

Never rule out the possibility of generic or background characters :lecture

You cannot compare lotr with starwars in term of those highend collectible statues. Lotr's demand is a tiny fraction of starwars, it's all about money. Sideshow will not release a $200-300 galadrihm archers 001 when it wont sell well...

The troopers are their cash cow, it always sells no matter how many stupid versions they make.

Again i am not talking about the movies (which is comparable) but the statues/prop replica

Bunny if treebeard happens I'd say a statue is most likely or a lsf.

I think if the statue line goes long enough we'll see some even soldiers and random orcs. There is a desire within the fanbase to have some more of those.

Back