Next CHARACTER tease in tmw's podcast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I muat admit, I am a little concerned about the Cordy sculpt. Charisma Carpenter has a very distinctive face (large eyes and mouth)... one that can easily look too exaggerated or cartoony. :google

And you know how the girls of Buffy in the past (Faith, Willow) have had their share of issues. :rolleyes:

Hope to see more "clues" soon. Probably we will have to wait another week for one. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I'm only familiar with the Buffy line because I don't collect any of the other lines and that's why I'm hoping for Oluf. My favorite figures are the ones he's done and I've heard some complaints maybe about the paint applications on some of them but never about the sculpt itself. I'll have to check out Scully though to see how she looks. I know it won a "Best Sculpt" one year, I think Graduation Day Buffy won that once too.

Andy does great work. He's a very talented sculptor and obviously a cool guy if you've been reading this board for a while. I'd still like Oluf to continue with the "Buffyverse" figures. He's done such amazing work and I've loved his stuff from way back in the 8" Universal Monsters days. I can't imagine anyone doing a better Cordelia.

Firefly Flanatic said:
Maybe it is a joint effort again between Oluf and Andy where Oluf did Dru's face and Andy did the hair. That would be a perfect combo!
I'm pretty sure Dru was Andy, 100%; He teamed with Oluf on Vamp Buffy.

As far as the other women of the Buffyverse, Willow and Darla were victimized by production SNAFUs, and Faith was pretty much WWSIWWG, albeit with a lesser paint job than the prototype.

Being a Universal Monsters fan, I hold Oluf in very high regard. His and Matt's work comprise the lions-share of my SC figures. But I agree with Dave that Andy would do Cordy right. His skin textures always appear so smooth and supple, perfect for a female. And the way he handles hair? Fuggeddaboudit!

Anyway, for a while there, I thought I was on the wrong board, with all the positive reaction to this figure. But now that the requisite doubt has crept in, I know I'm in the right place. ;)

I am curious to see the facial expression: Will she be all wide-eyed and toothy? Demure and introspective? Steely-eyed and determined? Maybe it's not even Cordelia. Or maybe it is Cordelia but will maggots and worms crawling out of her eyes, ears, nose, and mouth, and Dooley did the deed.

You never know...

nmfr.gif

FrankenFan said:
Anyway, for a while there, I thought I was on the wrong board, with all the positive reaction to this figure. But now that the requisite doubt has crept in, I know I'm in the right place. ;)

Well, with the announcement that we will be getting not only a figure from the Angel line, but also the Buffy line, gives me hope that I might see a Giles this year. That hope enables me to enjoy this figure (if it's Cordelia...if not's Cordelia, [or maybe Wesley] then "meh"). And Cordelia is a very major character in the Buffy/Angel universe, so it will be nice to see a figure of her.

Andy has really been on a roll with the star wars line. He's doing some stellar work lately. Dru's hair nothing short of spectacular. I think he'll hit this one out of the park.

I'd rather have seen a Buffy era Cordy, but I completely understand why they would go with an angel episode Cordy. I too am glad they are not doing short blonde cordy, that would be a total pass for me regardless of whether its the only Cordy we get, I hated that look.

And I forget who posted it, but great pickup on the shirt. Hope you're right!

FrankenFan said:
I'm pretty sure Dru was Andy, 100%; He teamed with Oluf on Vamp Buffy.

As far as the other women of the Buffyverse, Willow and Darla were victimized by production SNAFUs, and Faith was pretty much WWSIWWG, albeit with a lesser paint job than the prototype.

Being a Universal Monsters fan, I hold Oluf in very high regard. His and Matt's work comprise the lions-share of my SC figures. But I agree with Dave that Andy would do Cordy right. His skin textures always appear so smooth and supple, perfect for a female. And the way he handles hair? Fuggeddaboudit!

I am curious to see the facial expression: Will she be all wide-eyed and toothy? Demure and introspective? Steely-eyed and determined? Maybe it's not even Cordelia. Or maybe it is Cordelia but will maggots and worms crawling out of her eyes, ears, nose, and mouth, and Dooley did the deed.

You never know...

nmfr.gif

Oops, got my figures mixed up - I knew he had done Buffy with Oluf!! And I love Dru, great sculpt and fabulous hair! Willow's problems like I've said before seemed more like a production error and bad paint. I checked out Scully and she looks fabulous so I'd be thrilled if it was Andy or Oluf and can't wait to see how she's come out (if it is Cordy).

And as for Cordy having maggots crawling out of her eyes, ears, nose and mouth, shouldn't they save that for Buffy coming back from the grave?!

Gruff Old Bear said:
Since there are conflicting sources to draw upon for her likeness, I suggest a compromise. Use Charisma's PLAYBOY pictorial for Cordy.

:naughty

Maybe they can save that for a Premium Format figure - I bet my husband would let me get that one if they did!!:D Plus Sideshow could save on production costs without having to worry about an outfit.:lol

I don't know whether it's because of the playboy shoot, or just how good Charisma Carpenter looks anyway, but I have to admit I'm very excited by the prospect of this Cordy figure. As for the facial features, the only less than perfect figures I've got are Faith and Willow (maybe Xenia Onatopp). I would say my Buffies, my Scullies, my vamps and particularly my Anna Valerious brilliantly capture the actresses, as do my ***** Galore and Wai Linn. That's a lot of hits against a couple of debatable misses.
I am so confident that Cordy will be brilliant that I've forgotten all about that whatsisname....you know, the tweedy Brit!

if they can really nail the sculpt I'll grab three for kitbashing, if not I'll get one, maybe, depending on how close it is.

Thanks for the screenshots Murderofcrows. Any of those shots of her would be great. I particularly love the last one with the serious look and the stairway shot with the sword. Now, the question is, will she also be wearing the black lacy bra?

And I agree with Thames, the only two figures that I have that haven't been so great are Willow and Faith and all the rest are great. At least with Willow we're pretty much sure it was a molding mishap that stretched out her face. Faith's sculpt is just all wrong.

And as for the lack of an uproar that it isn't Giles, well I think everyone also wanted a Cordy too and a lot of us have said we'd love a Cordy from this particular episode so as long as we will be getting a Giles in the future I'm completely happy with Cordy being the next figure.

Murderofcrows71 said:
no problem , so what do you guys think............pretty safe to assume the exclusive will come with the sword?
I'm guessing the sword will be standard, not sure what the exclusive would be.

Back