Next 12 inch?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ha ha. R2-D2.

He's been in all the movies, and has had a hand in influencing the outcome... maybe R2 is the REAL phantom menace... hmm...

Is plastic being rationed? What's with the one Star Wars figure at a time business? There should be two a month, if not more!

I'd be happy, provided the figure turns out well, with any of these:

Darth Vader
E III Anakin
E VI Emperor Palpatine
E V or VI Boba Fett
Darth Maul
Han Solo
E IV Obi Wan Kenobi
E III Obi Wan
Chewbacca
Leia in slave outfit
E V Yoda
E VI Jabba the Hutt
Stormtrooper
Scout trooper
Ewok
Jawa
E II Padme
Qui Gon Jinn
C-3PO
R2-D2
Lando Calrissian
Jar Jar Binks
Count Dooku
Mace Windu
And many more...

Promising Galahad said:
Is plastic being rationed? What's with the one Star Wars figure at a time business? There should be two a month, if not more!

I totally agree. I was very disappointed when I heard they are only making 6-8 per year. I wish they came out with a new one AT LEAST every month! I guess they don't have the resources to design and produce them that fast or they think people don't want to purchase more than one every couple months?? I hope that with the quick sellout of Luke, they will realize the customer base maybe much larger than they thought and they will produce more figures per year than originally planned.

wookilar8 said:
The coolest stormtrooper: HOTH SNOWTROOPER!!!:D

Slightly Off Topic but...

I always loved Snowtroopers. But the Kotobukiya version just doesn't look right to me for some reason. I'm curious what a fellow Snowtrooperite thinks? :D

And although at 12" Snowtrooper would be cool, there weren't any in RotJ. :(

Fritz said:
Since the first set of 12" Star Wars are going to be from RotJ I say the next one will be a Sarlaac. :horror :p

I thought the "only RotJ" OT figures rumor has been debunked awhile back. Did I misread it? :google

I think this will disappoint the OT fanatics, but I believe that the next 12" figure will be from the prequels... if no other reason but to show the scope of their planned line. We've been "Maul-ed" recently with a 1:1 bust, so I'm thinking either Qui-Gon or one of those Episode III duelling fools Anakin or Obi-Wan. It would be a good gauge for Sideshow to compare the interest in each of the trilogies.

Promising Galahad said:

That is 24 a year at least at $50. That is $1200! It may seem like a good idea now but I think many people's wallets would be complaining later. We've been complaining a lot this year with so munch stuff coming out at once, what makes you think it wouldn't be like that next year with only 8-9 figures coming out in addition to the rest of their lines?

I agree with you Buttmunch partly. I hadn't thought about just how much the figures would total for the entire year. $1200 bucks is a lot of money. Unfortunately, for myself, I'm one of the few who haven't complained about there being too many products at a time from Sideshow. I don't collect Lord of the Rings, Buffy, Premium Format or other high end stuff, busts or statues so I've been waiting patiently for something to come along. The only products I've purchased produced this year have been the Invisible Man, Moonraker Bond, and the skin tone Art S. Buck figures. With the exception of the African-American Art S. Buck figure (I ended up using Tee Hee's body instead), the others weren't must haves for me. If it weren't for the Star Wars 12" license I don't think I'd be here nearly as often as I have been. Since I don't collect military figures and barely anything else other than 12" or 1/6 scale TV or film based figures, I personally have the money to spend for two or so figures released a month. I also figure that Sideshow will produce at least one SW figure once in a while I don't care to own, so I'm sure there will be spending droughts. I suppose it will at least help me acquire all the Medicom Ultraman figures I've missed so far, which is all but two.

Hi Promising Galahad, I'm in the same boat. I don't really collect anything else except some SW Lego sets. I want to buy other Sideshow products, but none of their other current licenses appeal to me. I also am not interested in their PF or busts. So most of my free spending money can go towards these 1/6 figures. So like you, I wish there were at least one per month. Anyone else feel similar?:D

I want one a month, but for some reason I'm supposed to pay bills, so my bank account wants one a year. :banghead Such is the life of a poor college student. Maybe Sideshow can institute a program where people who can pay more do and the rest of us pay less... :naughty

I want 5 a month!

...and full size 1:1 statues!
.....and 1:1 vehicles!

....and a pony!

But I think we'll see far greater output with these than with any other license. I don't think 10 a year is out of the question.

:blissy

Shoulda asked in the earlier post, but didn't think of it until afterwards, do we know (or have an idea) when the next announcement is going to be? :dance

Dave, see me about that pony...I have a really fat one for sale! She doesn't even eat very much, very low maintenance.

I hope 10 a year doesn't happen, I won't be able to resist them. Space is such an issue now. I am not sure how to display this line, stay in the box or put under acrylic cases?

I think it will be a prequel Jedi or Sith. I guess the covers just about all of them though :rolleyes:

I think Maul or Dooku or Sidious would be a great addition. Vader would be too, but I thought armoured figures will be a little further away. A two pack of Dooku and Tarkin would be sweet for the Lee and Cushing connection. Both wouldn't have many accessories to begin with so it might not be a bad idea.

Back