Next 1/6 figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure that Farmboy Luke is on the horizon but I kind of hope he'll be at the tail end of '08 and not a pre-order at the beginning. Four Lukes with so many other characters not represented yet (cough cough..Lando) would be :monkey2 unless he signified the arrival of the other OT key players--- Chewie, Vader, and droids!!!

Yeah, we need a bit of a waiting period on the next Luke. I think 08 will see some most wanted figures.

Greedo would not sell well at all - he is a boring figure for the 1:6 line. Heck the awesome 'Vintage' Hasbro figure tanked - if they can't sell him in the 3.75" line, no way he will sell in the 1:6 one

They need a 'Must have' figure. If it were up to me, that would be Chewie or Vader!

On a personal note, I would have a huge geek-gasm for a 1:6 Tusken Raider (ANH style!)

Yeah, we need a bit of a waiting period on the next Luke. I think 08 will see some most wanted figures.

One can only hope--- But what I'd like to see his another 1/6 centrepiece a la Jabba & throne... Could we have an Emperor's throne on the horizon? A Millenium Falcon c_o_c_kpit? A booth from the Cantina?

One can only hope--- But what I'd like to see his another 1/6 centrepiece a la Jabba & throne... Could we have an Emperor's throne on the horizon? A Millenium Falcon c_o_c_kpit? A booth from the Cantina?

I don't think we'll see the Emperor's stuff because of the 2 pack. Maybe one of the other two as you could use Han in those.

I think armor is the word of the day in 2008.

Greedo would not sell well at all - he is a boring figure for the 1:6 line. Heck the awesome 'Vintage' Hasbro figure tanked - if they can't sell him in the 3.75" line, no way he will sell in the 1:6 one

I'm not sure of that, Bib Fortuna did fine and he's even weirder than Greedo; I'm sure when they make him he'll sell just fine. Star Wars fans will buy anything, and a really nice Greedo will have a pretty broad appeal even outside the ring of die-hard collectors. I know I'd get one.

I don't think we'll see the Emperor's stuff because of the 2 pack. Maybe one of the other two as you could use Han in those.

I think armor is the word of the day in 2008.

What's gonna suck is, we'll probably see only one armored figure per 3 or 4 non-armored figure's at a time,instead of back to back armored figure's like we all would want.I think that's going to be SS's strategy.God damn!! marketing.

Considering we're already into pre-orders for the 2nd qtr. of next year, if '08 is supposedly going to be the year of armor, they'd better get a move on.

Why? Show it off at SDCC and release them for 4th Q 08, like Jabba, the throne, Leia, Bib, and Crumb.

Why? Show it off at SDCC and release them for 4th Q 08, like Jabba, the throne, Leia, Bib, and Crumb.

As I recall, Jabba and the gang (with the exception of Bib) were released the 1st qtr. of the following year after their debut at SDCC. If that's the plan, then '08 would really be the year of armor pre-orders, but that would certainly be better than no armor at all. Just so long as we get something reasonably soon.

I know everyone's anxious for some armored characters, I'd like 'em too, but I'm hoping that we get a few figures to fill in some blank spots with what we already have...a Greedo for the forthcoming Smuggler Han, Saesee Tinn and/or Agen Kolar to wrap up Mace's posse, EpOne Obi-Wan to go with Maul & Qui-Gon, Dooku to go with Assaj...you get the idea.

It would also be nice to get a movie-related Amidala soon...

And of course, I really hope we see Vader (armored, thank you) sometime in the next year...

I dunno, maybe Im wrong about the release dates, but either way, even if they pre order in 08 and come out later you are STILL getting armor. Just not in your hands. Also I hope they take their time on armor figures with 1 armor figure for ever 2 or 3 normal figures. Also, make Stormtroopers open editions, don't really care about Clones though. Those will be 1 each for me.

I expect the armored stuff or whatever to be shown @ SDCC then ship towards the end of the year. They could even be shown as early as TF but SDCC makes more sense seing as its the biggest show of the entire year. Then they could ship towards the end of the year and roll into the next. Which is fine with me.

I agree with those who think Greedo would fail...miserably. What would the excusive be?A blast effect for his gut? A severed head for the EU story? Not much else that can be done.

Personally...I am hoping for Hoth Luke, or X-Wing or Snowspeeder Luke. Those figures would be laden with accessories and the costumes are very complex as well.

And I am hoping every bit as much for Eeth Koth or Agen Kolar. I really like the costumes for those two as well as the look of the alien race they belong to. I think the would look very cool posed with Darth Maul, who is of the same race if I read correctly.

I don't think Greedo would fail. He might have a low run which would be fine. Greedo has a pretty decent cult following and would be perfect for a nice low run. A SW line without Greedo seems odd.

I agree with those who think Greedo would fail...miserably....And I am hoping every bit as much for Eeth Koth or Agen Kolar.

See, I would have absolutely no interest in those last two characters, but would definitely be interested in Greedo because I grew up on the OT. So there are markets for the OT and PT.

Personally...I am hoping for Hoth Luke, or X-Wing or Snowspeeder Luke. Those figures would be laden with accessories and the costumes are very complex as well.

I'd say Luke is done until at LEAST SDCC 08. There's already enough whining about repeat characters after the whining about more core chracters. As for Greedo, I'd buy him in an instant even if there was only one version and no exclusive (but it would probably be exclusive beverage :monkey3).

Back