Newsletter out--Holographic Darth Sidious with Mechno-chair (1/6th Scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SideshowDusty said:
Maybe a little bit... but I can neither confirm nor deny ;)

So it maybe lights up huh? How about you just shorten the can't confirm or deny response to just one of the answers - saves you time on typing! :D

I sure hope Dusty's "neither/nor" tease is revealed next week... but the wink gives me hope.

There just has to be a light in it, right? I mean, that's the first thing you'd think of if you were going to plan making this thing.

I think it looks pretty cool but I need to stick to OT characters... but if it does light up that might make it a buy for me.

I think sideshow really need to release some 1/6 stormtroppers, they are really killing themselves with these wierd figures. Where's chewie? Where's darth vader? Give us something to talk about. I'll have to see if I want a 12" holo figure. A little one is quite enough.

A light up function would make this a more desirable item... but I'm still iffy on it.

But I've learned that whenever I say that I usually end-up spending $60 :lol

A light would be cool but would it cause undue issues down the road? What about battery storage, articulation? Either way Im getting it just because its neat. :lol

Will it light up? Yes. Will the mechnodroid walk? No. Would require complex internal mechanisms that would be cost prohibitive. I'm sure the legs will be articulated.

You can pretty much tell from the teaser pic that it'll light up. I agree with DekaDave, it'll be articulated but it won't move on its own.

I think it's cool!

The Dejarik Holo Chess was an easy pass for me. But this is some sort of walking droid chair with a hologram of the sith lord on it! I mean seriously, guys. What did you want? Repaint of Bespin Han Solo without the Jacket so he belongs in Jabba's Palace? (i guess more people would buy that even though it's a waste of $60)

This will look cool posed with Maul, Asajj (since it appeared in the CW cartoon) and Nute Gunray if they make him. Interesting. Random, but interesting.

Khev said:
This will look cool posed with Maul, Asajj (since it appeared in the CW cartoon) and Nute Gunray if they make him. Interesting. Random, but interesting.

And I know where mine will go, with Asajj once I get her.

Interesting but I thought Sideshow had a policy to never re-releases exclusives? It's quite a bit different then the Holo Sidious that came with Anakin, but it looks like the same sculpt just enlarged a bit.

This is the perfect type of item for an exclusive; something most of us could live without, but something cool enough that if available enough people would want it that it would be a good choice. I applaud Sideshow's ability to choose some unique items that no other company has paid much attention to. As a comic-con exclusive, this is wicked.

Of course we all want Vader, stormtroopers and such, but of course we all know these would make horrible exclusives.

To me the image looks like a quick photoshop mock up, so I'm curious to see some finalized pics.

sebcanadaceo said:
I guess I'm in the minority here but I have 0 interest in this thing!

:maul :emperor

I have no interest either. It's cool for an exclusive piece since it's not a must have for many people. I have even cut down to just Jedi/Sith ( and Jabba stuff ) in 1/6 and I still don't have any interest in this piece.

Back