Newsletter out--Holographic Darth Sidious with Mechno-chair (1/6th Scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nash said:
deleted it coz i just realized it was in 1/6 scale. from that tiny pic i thought it was super small like the anakin exclu.

ok was just saying that was probably the reason. :)

Indiana Fett said:
Well, It's part of the 1/6 line, but that doesn't necessarily mean articulation...could be like the Falcon chess set and just considered an 'expansion piece'. At least as far as the holo Sidious goes. The legs on the Mechno-chair MUST move...

That's what I mean, the chair legs. Certainly Sidious is locked in position... but if he lights up... I'm way cool with that.

Now if this was a light-up Sidious on a REMOTE CONTROLLED walking chair, then I couldn't ask for anything more.

Am I pushing it here, Dusty?

:D

The Mike said:
150px-Mechnochair.jpg

Looks like the whole thing will be 12"....unless Nute Gunray isn't 12" in 1/6 scale.....

Nute should be WAY bigger than 12"! The holo should be about 12" buy itself if they keep it to scale.

trade1.jpg

Interesting... I am on the fence for this one until we know more.

That being said, I am know alot more excited about Yavin Luke!!! :lol

Well another pass for me. I was really hoping for Vader with this being the 30th and all. I'm glad they are doing things that have not been done before but I really thought they would stick to stuff more people would want. I can't see these being a huge seller.

Memnoch21 said:
Vader would never, NEVER be a SDCC exclusive. I think we all know why too.

Yup. I want Sideshow to take their time with Vader. I want him to be perfect and blow Medicoms out of the water (come on Sideshow, don't make me regret selling my Medi-Vader).

Memnoch21 said:
Vader would never, NEVER be a SDCC exclusive. I think we all know why too.

Right! No way they do a MUST HAVE for an exclusive like this. Con exclusives like Luke and Holo Sidious are perfect cause they're neat but not items people can let go and be ok with.

Jango56031 said:
I was really hoping for Vader with this being the 30th and all.

I think we're all hoping for that, but apparently SS still doesn't feel they're ready to handle armored characters yet so the wait continues. I would've been much happier with just a normal 1/6 Sidious or Palpatine rather than this "holo" version, but I guess this is what they wanted to do next.

Hmmm...

Not sure how I feel about this one. Its kinda cool, but really do I need something like this in my collection?

And out of curiosity, is the holo of Sidious just an upsized version of the one that came with Anakin? Similar pose... but hard to tell.

LOL! I will prove Deficate Dave right and not buy this. I have no desire to own this. Oh I almost forgot the ---------------:monkey3

Very interesting....it would look cool with my ACME Sidious charactor key.......maybe.

BadMoon said:
LOL! I will prove Deficate Dave right and not buy this. I have no desire to own this. Oh I almost forgot the ---------------:monkey3

Make sure you cast your vote to reflect that in my Star Wars'd out poll.

This is a cool figure to do, and like many have said, it's good because it's not a must have piece, but cool enough for an exclusive so people that get it can enjoy that it's quite unique, and those that don't won't feel a loss for missing out on it, which is good. It's nice to see too that the convention pieces this year are unique and not variants, of course there isn't much variation you can do to other figures. The only downer is, this would be Palpatine's normal face sculpt, not ROTS/ESB/ROTJ deformed, so it doesn't imply that a regular version is to follow, it'd have to be a new sculpt, but I can dream can't I? :)

I think this is a fantastic exclusive! Unique and cool. It will be interesting to see if this is just a clear blue statue or if it has some articulation in it. I imagine it is all plastic. Would be cool if it lit up. If the photo is any indication I would say yes because it is lighter at the bottom.

Sideshow yet again throws a curve ball for SDCC! :D :emperor

Wor-Gar said:
I loved that mechano-chair. Gotta get this one.

Might mean there's hope for a Nute Gunray too!

I agree, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Nute. Then again, the Separatist Council is my second favorite alien grouping (after Jabba's Palace of course). I want my 1:6 Wat Tambor, dagnabit.

In any case, awesome exclusive.:emperor

Wor-Gar said:
That's what I mean, the chair legs. Certainly Sidious is locked in position... but if he lights up... I'm way cool with that.

Now if this was a light-up Sidious on a REMOTE CONTROLLED walking chair, then I couldn't ask for anything more.

Am I pushing it here, Dusty?

:D

Maybe a little bit... but I can neither confirm nor deny ;)

Back