News Update On The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pixletwin said:
When I was 16 (almost 16 years ago)I was told by a oui-ja board that I would die December 3, 2006. A few years later I was told by a palm reader I would die on December 3, 2006.

That date is coming (or comming ;) ) and I doubt PJ will have it done by then,so I don't care that much....:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Don't leave us pixle noooo! :monkey2

DannieDarKo said:

Don't leave us pixle noooo! :monkey2
Perhaps my hope for a MEDIEVAL F'N KURGAN in conjunction with an official Hobbit/PJ announcment will be enough to get past my day O'death...

Woops.... Sorry about mentioning the MEDIEVAL F'N KURGAN. :monkey1

pixletwin said:
When I was 16 (almost 16 years ago)I was told by a oui-ja board that I would die December 3, 2006. A few years later I was told by a palm reader I would die on December 3, 2006.

That date is coming (or comming ;) ) and I doubt PJ will have it done by then,so I don't care that much....:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Thats pretty scary Pix...But since you're going to die soon you should send me your collection, for safe keeping of course, and if you live past the 3rd of December I can send it back to you.

Remember, remember the 3rd of December.....

TOE said:
will SS base the new upsoming statues on this movie?

no, I think they're based on the EA lotr games; Third Age and Battle for middle earth 1+2

Killbeggar said:
Ahhh I only wish.
You know even after all these years and technical whizbangs Vermithrax from Dragonslayer is still the damn coolest and scariest dragon on film.

And the best Dragon made to date!!!

One question, when Gandalf see Bilbo at the start of the fellowship he said he haven't age a day. If Ian Holm can get back to that shape ha can play Bilbo.

atozzotas said:
One question, when Gandalf see Bilbo at the start of the fellowship he said he haven't age a day. If Ian Holm can get back to that shape ha can play Bilbo.

But of course the Filmmakers made him look younger for the "Finding the Ring" flashback, so Gandalf's words are not saying that Bilbo has not aged since then (even if the book does imply this).

Gandalf would have seen Bilbo more recently so all that he meant was that Bilbo had not changed since the last time they had met. 111 is old for a Hobbit so Gandalf was probably expecting Bilbo to look a lot lot older.

Some Promising News

To stop people stressing out too much over Aragorn's beard and shiny coat here's some promising news on The Hobbit.

From
https://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/061009h.php

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MGM Talks Jackson For "Hobbit"[/FONT]Posted: Monday October 9th 2006 1:41amSource: The One RingAuthor: Garth Franklin [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]On September 22nd a petition with 39116 signatures upon it was delivered to MGM & New Line. It's aim? For the studio to get Peter Jackson and whatever members of "The Lord of the Rings" cast & crew back for the studio's forthcoming adaption of "The Hobbit".

Now this past weekend, The One Ring received a letter from MGM, with an official statement from Rick Sands, the company's chief operating officer. Here it is in full:

"Peter Jackson's phenomenal success with The Lord of the Rings trilogy makes him the first and most ideal choice for directing The Hobbit. MGM would be thrilled to collaborate with the Academy Award-winning director on this MGM New Line Cinema production. And, I'm sure to the delight of the 50,000 filmgoers who have petitioned us in recent weeks, demanding we bring this film to fruition, we have had a few initial conversations about the project with Mr. Jackson's representatives."[/FONT]

SWEET! Can't be long now till we get an official announcement. Wouldn't be something to have LotR start off this decade and have the Hobbit finish it? (although I'd like it sooner, but realistically it won't happen soon).

At least the 1st important step has already been taken, that is to talk to PJ about it. The possibility of Hobbit getting made is closer now. Thanks to those who have made an effort to sign the online petition! :joy :clap :clap :clap

noelleon69 said:
At least the 1st important step has already been taken, that is to talk to PJ about it.
That's not exactly what MGM has said, they said they :

have had a few initial conversations about the project with Mr. Jackson's representatives.

Also, here's what PJ said in his last interview (See post # 74):

No one has phoned me, which is kind of weird, but I don't know.

If you like graphic novels, then here's something that should keep all of you busy until the film actually makes it into the theaters: an illustrated edition of 'The Hobbit'.

https://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780345445605

I got it as a present years ago, and read it numerous times since. Its a well made adaption of the original book, and a real pleasure to look at. If you have $16 to spare, this is certainly a good investment.

Who knows, maybe it's the same book. The book I'm referring to is also illustrated by David Wenzel, but it's adapted by Charles Dixon and Sean Deming. Yours could be the unadapted version?

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Who knows, maybe it's the same book. The book I'm referring to is also illustrated by David Wenzel, but it's adapted by Charles Dixon and Sean Deming. Yours could be the unadapted version?

Looking at that, I'd say it IS the same, mine is "adapted by Charles Dixon and Sean Deming", too. So it's probably just a different edition. :cool:

During my trip to NZL in January this year, I stayed with a couple who had been extras in the movies, they were big fans of Tolkien's works, that's where I first saw this book, and I immediately bought a copy after my return home.

goliath said:
That's not exactly what MGM has said, they said they :

have had a few initial conversations about the project with Mr. Jackson's representatives.

Also, here's what PJ said in his last interview (See post # 74):

No one has phoned me, which is kind of weird, but I don't know.

hm... okay... i just thought better than nothing! i'm not how it works but perhaps taking to his representatives are almost as good as to him cos they will be relaying what has been discussed to him? :)

Back