Newbie Attempt at Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Gents, I sincerely appreciate it, particularly from you folks who are so talented on your customs work. I've only been doing this for a year and it's just too much fun....and very rewarding. The encouragement means a lot.

Everything looks fantastic. I wonder if you would get enough interest (and profit) to make a version 2 (with sub assemblies) moisture vaporator for resin castings...just a thought.

I like when artist share their "how to" tips. Thank you. Oh, and of course, thank you so much for your kind works in my thread. :D.

You know, I was thinking about it, but my scale is off...and I wouldn't want to bum anyone out. I was trying to think if there was a way to employ a 3D printer for a bare base and then people could customize their own MV the way they see fit.....keeping them unique and personalized. I wonder how much trouble that could get one in with Disney?

No trouble for a base - it would be 100% your design. Even if you were to sell an entire kit you'd probably never hear from anyone so long as the design was original and you weren't infringing trademarks. Solo's Moisture Extractor Model. Or Solo's Unpainted Unmanned Rocket Model. Leave it up to the buyer to paint it to look like a vaporator. ;) I wish I had the time to get to this soon as I'd post up an online parts list from McMaster Carr - they seem to have a lot of parts that in my opinion are better suited than the ones I found at Home Depot. Some of them need cutting/drilling work of course.

LOL......Nice! Are those Mcmaster parts for the detail work, or for the base/frame of the vaporator?

Yeah...I was really contemplating designing something then getting a 3D printer to do the work, including hollowing out the core so you can install lights, as mine was harder to fit the 9V in the box with the thickness of that wood. Could have done it thinner, for sure.

McMaster has pieces suitable for the base/frame as well as some of the details. Not all though. If the cube were made of styrene there would probably be plenty of room for a battery.

F! I can't get enough of that evaporator. i've gotta say it again... great build, awesome paint job!

69229B99-6E5F-4169-B59E-A1841AB694AE-5459-00000433BF859B90_zps73a8a13c.jpg

Adding to the dio...new WIP

3E186391-6894-4B60-AB0C-68A2FBCCDDBE-5459-00000433C22C1C86_zpscc0a33dc.jpg

I hope you're fluent in the binary language of moisture vaporators now that you have the interface module set up. ;)

It looks great, got a parts list?

BTW, that 3D file you linked a static image of is pretty nice. Looks like I have a new reference. ;)

Thanks, anew. I used a plastic ball and a PVC end cap. For the base I used a stand for 1/6th figures.

37E965BD-D904-40D4-8E07-D03A54BEDA44-1870-0000013385A2384E_zpsfbb4fcde.jpg

Brilliant! :clap

I'm seriously considering an attempt at a vaporator. Surely it will be a shameless copy of yours, we'll see how it goes.

Awesome, anwe! Can't wait to see your efforts on this. It's a totally worthwhile project. I'm super pumped to do more.

Keep your eyes peeled for a reveal on the 25th of this month. Going to be a big one....one you will be interested in, I hope.

Awesome, anwe! Can't wait to see your efforts on this. It's a totally worthwhile project. I'm super pumped to do more.

Keep your eyes peeled for a reveal on the 25th of this month. Going to be a big one....one you will be interested in, I hope.

hint...............:stick

badass pics too btw............:clap

Hehe! Dude....you're going to love it....if it comes out as anticipated. I get my shipment on Tuesday....then paint...the pictures on Wed.

Dude....this should be what weve been waiting for :pray:, minus one or two small imperfections. :panic:

Back