Newbie Attempt at Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man oooohhh man this just gets better..... Love the weathering it really brings it to life.... As for the marmite troopers!!!!!! All time favourites with out a doubt... Maybe you could get skeleton buried in the sand... They do some great dinosaur model kits... You could have the backbone and ribs emerging from the desert.... And they do some cool resin animal skulls that you could add for the head.... All bleached by the double suns of tatoine...keep up the great work and how about a night patrol photo shot to show off the light on the tower... Loving see the pics highly inspiring and motivational man.... Keeeeeeeeeeepppppp going
That's funny...that's was actually one of my ideas for my 3-PO...when ever it is I get it. But, seriously, thanks, Dorgmal, means a lot coming from you guys. Too kind...but now, I realize I have to step it up. You guys are damned inspiring.

Agreed with GirlyDorgs, beautiful job.
Thanks, Feroze!! Way too kind coming from the masters. Thanks for stopping by.

Well done. That's some nice weathering... and it's not over done.
Dude...thank you. I tried not to over do the rust, after i over did the metal/paint chip thing..:D

Great job on this!! I like how the weathering is subtle and not overdone. Good stuff!! :)
Thanks, brother!! Much appreciated. Super envious of your collection and custom work you're doing on the figures.

A few more details to be added, then I'm going to start working on a Lars Homestead dio....and after that a Mos Eisley Sandtrooper/C3PO dio.

E9BA3ADD-2013-40FD-82FD-DEC848ABEAC5-5094-00000307A889A489.jpg

Last edited:
Been working on a new custom Marmit. After his feet arrive in the mail these guys are going to get dropped in a new display, with the vaporator.....followed up by C3PO.

2BFF9472-B9BC-49DD-BA8D-DE503E8C60D2-4401-000002DEB01CED4C_zpsd9541efb.jpg
9A7562B6-2397-4F56-9B22-104739F3E013-4401-000002DEA58C0704_zps6f50aad1.jpg
63E87D4B-2277-43A1-BD48-D2C8415C89B6-4401-000002DEBFF6829B_zpsa51fdb21.jpg
EF746F28-48F4-4B1A-9D1A-698DCBE6099A-4401-000002DEBD6FB00C_zpscc0e17e4.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Chaka!! It means a lot.

I finally landed some boots for my new Marmit...I bought a cheapy Michael Jackson TT Slim body, but didn't realize his calves were bigger and had different holes for feet. Luckily the SSC boots fit right in there, albeit a little loosely, and I had an extra pair.

3CB3636D-88FA-46AF-B24F-2F615583ED66-6575-00000420D10CD17B_zpsf4be7a0f.jpg
FAFF18C5-B5B1-45B5-8B83-08D5FE853A3D-6575-00000420D550CF7E_zpsee87e959.jpg

Nice pictures! Did you hold a picture behind and shoot or edit them somehow? I enjoyed those pictures.

Yeah, I used a poster. LOL. But I just saw your tutorial and instructional in your thread. I'm going to try and use both PP and aperture, if it aperture actually has any tools that are helpful in this way.

Thanks a lot Cc360. Someday I'm going to make some edited photos....you're stuff is awesome.

Yeah, I used a poster. LOL. But I just saw your tutorial and instructional in your thread. I'm going to try and use both PP and aperture, if it aperture actually has any tools that are helpful in this way.

Thanks a lot Cc360. Someday I'm going to make some edited photos....you're stuff is awesome.

Placing them in front of a TV is good too. Actually very good. But But But you may find the the TV is to bright behind the figures. In that case you will need to throw more light on the figures or adjust your Fstop on the camera (I think).

I think you did really great actually. The only problem with the poster technique behind the figures is that it may be hard to adjust the foreground (blur, brightness etc) independently of the background at a later date on the computer. Or vice versa.

Things are problems I have ran into. :gah:

You've done super.

Beautiful shots Will. The weathering gave so much more to an already awesome dio. You have Tatooine in your house man! Not to mention the excellent looking Stormtroopers. Great work my friend!

Re: Newbie Attempt at Dio - Moisture Vaporator

Thanks Kash! I'm just testing the waters with photography...got a long way to go.

Thanks for dropping by, bro.

Final:

Completed Dio..

I will eventually add a little vent next to the Moisture Vaporator, much like you saw in the Lars Homestead...to compliment the MV and fill in that spot on top of the hill.

Last edited:
As always, looks amazing!

I can't wait to start on my vaporator sometime in May. Hopefully by that time I've also figured out where I'm going to display it. ;)

Care to share any details about your Jawas? Unless I've already missed this somewhere else.

Can't wait to see your MV project. It was an insanely fun project for me. It took a lot of running back to the hardware store, but i finally got it to where it was acceptable to me.

Anyway, here's a link to the Jawa rework I did, after borrowing a lot of ideas from Barry-O.

One Jawa is a Hasbro, the other is a sideshow. While the sideshow has a better gun and hands, it's not all that more impressive than a custom Hasbro.

I used bandage wrap and a special bandage tape to add more puff to his body and head. Then I lined the hood with the tape and colored it all with a black sharpie. Worked GREAT!

There's a link to the project in the thread. Click here:

https://s425.photobucket.com/user/Hannitized2/library/Hasbro Jawa Rework

Last edited:
One Hasbro, one Sideshow.

I think Sideshow is going to make a new version, Jawa. Can't wait to see that one. They really nailed it with the guns and hands, but I think they missed an opportunity with light up eyes and accuracy on the figure. Habro was cheap junk, but you sure could customize it.

A Jawa 2-pack from Sideshow would be pretty cool, with accessory differences between the two and perhaps a set of ankle extensions to make one taller. Top it off with random weathering of the robes would keep them all different.

I've got at least one Hasbro Jawa, maybe even two, but I'll have to grab at least a couple more for customizing as I want to leave at least one of them completely stock on my Hasbro-only display shelf. ;)

I found the thread you mentioned and skimmed through it quickly. Looks like no one thought of using black hockey tape for the bandage wrapping - maybe it's because I'm in Canada it was the first thing that came to mind. Gaffer's tape is probably even better (tighter weave and stickier) - but much more expensive.

Last edited:
Back