New Vampirella Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Vampirella PF (Artgerm)

Actually the portrait on this looks quite weak.

Only just noticed the face :rotfl
Wait, she has a face?:lol

Nah, I kind of agree with you. Portrait didn't really wow me on first look, and still doesn't. And I think it's just the black vs. white backgrounds messing with you up there too.

I'm a huge vampirella fan and I can say the the art work by artgerm is really beautifully executed. I just don't get the composition at all, just everything is at odds and she's not even looking where she is point, why is she touching her nipple area. Just weird to me.
She's not pointing, she's releasing the bat. If you get the Ex.

Pure sex. Love the base too.

If I were living alone and had a ton of room I'd get her.

Yeah, looks like her thighs are touching in the other shot...
I like the gap :wink1:
Wait, wait I got it. The angles aren't the same. The one with the black background is facing to the right (our right) just a bit more than the other pic. And I'm with you on that.:naughty

I like it. The Portrait is basically the art work by Artgerm. My only real issue is the placement of the feet and the fact that it looks slightly off balance. I'm going to wait until the end of the month to order if I order though.

Actually the portrait on this looks quite weak.

Only just noticed the face :rotfl
I was sorta thinking the same. Aside from the beautiful body, I expected it to look much better. Maybe I'm just nitpicking. Will wait till after SDCC to order

I'm a huge vampirella fan and I can say the the art work by artgerm is really beautifully executed. I just don't get the composition at all, just everything is at odds and she's not even looking where she is point, why is she touching her nipple area. Just weird to me.

Yeah...it ain't just you. The overwhelmingly positive response to this is kind of baffling to me. I'm trying to understand what people are seeing when they look at it and coming up empty. Composition-wise, it looks to me like something you would see a 'talented' middle schooler design.
Stiff vertical figure in the center - with a pose that is both specific (coyly touching her breast) and meaningless at the same time.
While on each side of her one prop leans out one way and the other prop leans out the other ("it's symmetry, yo!")
And then what's the point of tapering the base down and then tapering it out again...as if you are giving the base it's own base (and making the whole thing flimsier as a result)?

This is truly one of the most bizarre statues I've seen yet.

Re: Vampirella Premium Format™ Figure by Sideshow Collectibles

i don't usually go for the sexy cheescake stuff. I'm liking this Vampirella piece.

I don't get the base at all. really did not need the lower part. I think this is a case of being blinded by the amount of skin showing, and I lOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE my T&A but this visual is meaningless to me.

Yeah...it ain't just you. The overwhelmingly positive response to this is kind of baffling to me. I'm trying to understand what people are seeing when they look at it and coming up empty. Composition-wise, it looks to me like something you would see a 'talented' middle schooler design.
Stiff vertical figure in the center - with a pose that is both specific (coyly touching her breast) and meaningless at the same time.
While on each side of her one prop leans out one way and the other prop leans out the other ("it's symmetry, yo!")
And then what's the point of tapering the base down and then tapering it out again...as if you are giving the base it's own base (and making the whole thing flimsier as a result)?

I'm all over this. Missed out on the two previous Vampirella statues, not this time!

That base does make me VERY nervous though.

This is nice and I may get it. I like the props jutting from the sides and the tapered earh exposed underground. Gives a otherworldly look.

Still disappointed that no Sideshow portrait is yet to do Artgerm's female faces justice. If she was as cute as the concept illustration this would be ordered today.

Cool story brah

I'll be suitably impressed if they can reproduce the smoky eye makeup. that takes a deft hand at airbrushing and i fear a repeat of rogue's eye make-up application. However, SS did say they are using new factories.

Probably pass because of this...

ipy23d.jpg

Back