New Vampirella Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Vampirella PF (Artgerm)

Didn't offend me. I just think your over analyzing it.

Besides.. in all the time I have been in this hobby, I have never seen a single statue go on without someone being critical.

Didn't offend me. I just think your over analyzing it.

Besides.. in all the time I have been in this hobby, I have never seen a single statue go on without someone being critical.
Yeah man for real. No one's going to get a perfect statue or like it they way it is all the time. To each his own sometimes

You should see the Red Sonja thread. Might of been the same guy :dunno
It's a statue. Like it buy it, don't like it pass

I'm a commercial artist. Things like composition and the other creative choices made by the artist- along with the way consumers respond to those choices- interest me.

I can't believe it's just T&A because I've seen plenty far more accomplished and interesting T&A rejected in the marketplace.

and yes, that's me in the Sonja thread.

It was in-depth but it was also a little ridiculous. It is an artist making their own version of the character. It should be no different then how different comic runs of the same character are never the same.

I'm a commercial artist. Things like composition and the other creative choices made by the artist- along with the way consumers respond to those choices- interest me.

I can't believe it's just T&A because I've seen plenty far more accomplished and interesting T&A rejected in the marketplace.

and yes, that's me in the Sonja thread.

Then speaking on a compositional level, I agree, this statue is off especially her placement in the fore/background and the fact that it almost looks as if she's tilting. On the other hand disagree about Red Sonja, I think that is compositional fine. She's centered, dynamic from multiple angles and the base serves it's only real purpose, giving her something to stand on and think that gives the "Sonja Victorious" vibe very well. I think your criticisms of that piece are more unfounded, but more accurate on this one.

It was in-depth but it was also a little ridiculous.

I agree, it did get ridiculous. But that's more because I haven't yet mastered the art of concision and brevity.
But I'm trying.
Ain't posting no novels on this one.

Just so I don't seem completely churlish- I own both previous SS Vampirellas. I like the portrait on this one much better than either of the other two. Reminds me a little more of Ortiz or Gonzalez than either of the others.

I also wonder if the diagonal marks on her pelvis are indications that the costume was originally supposed to extend to that area. Seems like the furrow there might have been to keep it snuggly in place- or at least guide marks.

Ex Ordered - gonna ave to buy a Raised clear stand to put my PF version on , so she doe,st look to huge and out of place together that much!!!

Ex Ordered - gonna ave to but a clear stand to put my PF version on , so she doe,st look to huge and out of place together that much!!!
Should've waited to add a coupon to it. Could've saved yourself $20

Back