New Underworld Licensed Products??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siquisiri

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Saw this on FB... Hope its 1/6 figs they got the license for!!

164671_406756606065545_1708016325_n.jpg

Is this their first product, then? I'd love to finally have a good quality Selene.

maybe, just maybe, we'll get a 1/6 werewolf. Then i can die happy.

On a sidenote; first "fire figures" seemingly snags the Assassins Creed licence and now another company we've never heard off gets their hands on a popular franchise. Maybe this is a new trend of licences going to lesser know toy companies?

Especially when the big boys only go for super-mainstream licenses that are near guaranteed to sell 5000+ figures.

INTERESTING . . .

I have not checked the link yet, but is this an "OFFICIALLY" licensed product or are they just posting/saying it's official while they're negotiating with the license holder hoping they'll get the license while posting the announcement to generate "buzz"/"interest" in the offering considering it's not a mainstream or well recognized company?

We've seen 1:6 "Selene" figures over the years of varying quality. The outfits I've seen (so far) appears to be fine with varying degrees of accessories, but it's always the head sculpt that seems to be the issue.

I remember way way back when I first saw a one off custom original of "Selene" made by customdawg (i.e. Louie Tran founder of Triad Toys) that he posted/shared in a few forums and the response was positive. Granted, the figure nowadays would be very dated, but considering the period . . . it was an exceptional piece for the time.

The last "Selene" figure I recollect being formally solicited got pulled to the actual license holder filing an injunction that prevented the figure from being sold in the US thus we started to see a whole bunch of the 1:6 female bodies supposedly used for the figure being offered for sale through a variety of outlets.

yes...please let it be a 1/6 scale selene. but it wouldn't matter at all if it came out crappy, so hopefully it won't.

Especially when the big boys only go for super-mainstream licenses that are near guaranteed to sell 5000+ figures.

Truth be told, a Selene figure from Enterbay or Hot toys would be amazing, but also really expensive and i probably wouldn't have the funds to pick it up.

I know this particular figure hasn't been priced, yet but whatever it is it's certainly going to be cheaper than the above companies.

With only 11 replies to this thread, the license prolly isn't that popular. :lol

Well, it's just a teaser. And there have been a couple unofficial attempts at Selene. I suspect once they show a prototype and (if) it's good you'll get a bit more excitement generated.

Myself, I only ever saw the first film. But I really liked it. I wouldn't say I'm a mega-fan, but I'd probably buy a reasonably priced Selene that looks good though.

I'm interested in seeing this reveal. It's interesting that all of a sudden a few new companies seem to have emerged with some interesting products.

I did a look up on the domain. It was created last year (10/24/2011) and the domain is registered with Register.com (acquired by Web.com that is based in Jacksonville, FL).

I'd love to get a quality 1:6 scale Selene. None of the pieces I've seen from the other companies have quite worked for me in terms of likenesses of tailoring. The Kumik was the next up for consideration but have not see any good pics. We need a company that can do kickass female figures and Selene would be a great one.

I'd love to get a quality 1:6 scale Selene. None of the pieces I've seen from the other companies have quite worked for me in terms of likenesses of tailoring. The Kumik was the next up for consideration but have not see any good pics. We need a company that can do kickass female figures and Selene would be a great one.
--

I concur.

I hoped/wished Triad Toys would have tackled "Selene" back in the day, but they departed from "film" based/inspired by" figures for a variety reasons short of the few licensed based figures they managed to produce & release over the years.

I have been hoping someone would make Underworld figures. I'm in for a set.

Back