New Toymart issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all i know is that if i dont have any room when indy comes i may have to wave my arm in a big sweeping motion and sweep all my other figures off the shelf and into the garbage. thats how much i want this guy.:lol

The shirt buttons are the wrong color, they should be the same as the shirt. The shirt itself looks too white though that could be the lighting. The gasmask bag has no snaps, the leather strap is too thin and has no buckle. The web belt looks khaki Last Crusade colored and not Raiders brown. The turks head knot and loop on the whip are too small and the metal gun belt slider looks a bit large. But they included the pant pleats so that's good.

The jacket looks nice though a bit pleathery with thick pocket flaps. The hat has the distinctive Raiders turn though the brim looks perhaps a tad narrow.

But overall it looks like a very nice figure. Can't wait to order it and make it perfect. Yay gloved hands! :zzwhip

:clap
I absolutely HATE to be downbeat about this figure... but based on this one image alone I don't like it (and yes, I'm sure that will change when more images arrive online). The jacket looks too pleather and the face land paint sculpt look too much like Fedora, the guy at the beginning of Last Crusade who gives young Indy his hat. I also wish the clothes were more weathered

Repeat, I'm sure I'll like it when I see more images. Believe me, I have never in my life wanted to like a figure more than this one.

Dude!!,that's what you get for collecting 12'' figures.
Want someting more realistic? GO 1/4 SCALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bring on Premium Format Indi!!!

The shirt buttons are the wrong color, they should be the same as the shirt. The shirt itself looks too white though that could be the lighting. The gasmask bag has no snaps, the leather strap is too thin and has no buckle. The web belt looks khaki Last Crusade colored and not Raiders brown. The turks head knot and loop on the whip are too small and the metal gun belt slider looks a bit large. But they included the pant pleats so that's good.

The jacket looks nice though a bit pleathery with thick pocket flaps. The hat has the distinctive Raiders turn though the brim looks perhaps a tad narrow.

But overall it looks like a very nice figure. Can't wait to order it and make it perfect. Yay gloved hands! :zzwhip

I agree the jacket is a bit iffy in that photo, but I've learned my lesson about pre-judging Sideshow's prototype's. I have faith in Trev's sculpt and given how great Old Ben and Bespin Luke came out. I can't wait to see how Sideshow continues to refine and develop the line.

The shirt bothers me a LOT more than the jacket which I think is pretty decent considering SS is trying to hit a certain price point. There is no reason the shirt should not be 100%.

I'm sure they chose that material for the bag strap so it would lay correctly, but it looks really bad and detracts from an otherwise steller figure.

Well judging from the pic even if a little work needs to be done this is still the best Indiana Jones 1:6 scale hands down. Looks really good to me, the hat looks to be the first that has captured the look and the correct type of bash, the gloved hands look awesome. I noticed the bag strap is on the outside of the jacket though. Finally after years of customizing figures starting with and because of the lack of a decent Indy the circle is almost complete.
Here's hoping for a Well of Souls Marion to pose with him......actually I don't care, I'll buy any Indy figs if they are anywhere near the quality of this guy. Maybe we should start turning the heat up in here to see if we can get any hints on the next figure in this line? Or sculpts that may be in progress? :naughty

I think alot of the issues with the jacket and outfit can be fixed with some aging and distressing. I have my own Indy clothes I wear and remember when I first got them they didn't look right, until I made them look worn and beat up. The clothes on the figure look too prestine, Indy was never seen in anything that didn't have the heck beat out of it. Maybe the crown on the hat could be a bit taller.

Well judging from the pic even if a little work needs to be done this is still the best Indiana Jones 1:6 scale hands down. Looks really good to me, the hat looks to be the first that has captured the look and the correct type of bash...

Agreed. I just want them to fix the minor mistakes to make as accurate an Indy figure as possible.

The Indy hat look is all in the turn. The Raiders hat was bashed with about a 2" or more turn of the hat, that is not pointing forward when the creases are added. This gives the front and side brim curls the distinctive asymmetrical look. The other 3 films, including KotCS, do not have the turn (each has other differences such as a reverse taper), though the new film does return to the same look and bash of the Raiders hat. :rock

And yes it could do with a taller crown. This crown is a bit shorter like the Last Crusade look.

I think alot of the issues with the jacket and outfit can be fixed with some aging and distressing. I have my own Indy clothes I wear and remember when I first got them they didn't look right, until I made them look worn and beat up. The clothes on the figure look too prestine, Indy was never seen in anything that didn't have the heck beat out of it.

100% agreed. A little proper weathering (dirt, stains, scuffs, etc) and this thing will be PERFECT. And I don't mind having to do that myself custom, either. I'll be buying at least two of these.

Just chiming in to the most fun thread I have ever read through, and the most exciting!
Even though I have had my own custom Indy for the better part of ten years now, THIS figure has me excited!
What's not to like? Trev's sculpt! The new body (and neck!!!!) and the gloved hands...and so much more! Details to be resolved...

And with the notion of the other versions to come....I am now in a quandry. Dammit! I've been able to focus on ALIENS and PREDATORS only for so long...and now, with the pressures of the new movie, and this line....I have to admit...it almost hurts!
But, it's a good kind of pain! I'll take it!

Damn, that's a cool figure!!!!!!! :rock

Back