New Toymart issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
afd163cover.jpg

I absolutely HATE to be downbeat about this figure... but based on this one image alone I don't like it (and yes, I'm sure that will change when more images arrive online). The jacket looks too pleather and the face land paint sculpt look too much like Fedora, the guy at the beginning of Last Crusade who gives young Indy his hat. I also wish the clothes were more weathered

Repeat, I'm sure I'll like it when I see more images. Believe me, I have never in my life wanted to like a figure more than this one.

Last edited:
Looks mighty nice to me!
I'm not sure I'll get one, but I sure see that headsculpt in any future Blade Runner figures I might plan to customize...

It looks really good. I can't wait for more pics.
The head though might be a little on the large side but with that pose, it's hard to tell. And the jacket really needs to be dirtied up, I want it too look more like the Fedora.
But overall, great figure that I know I'll preorder on the spot!

I think he looks pretty incredible. The sculpt, the gloves, everything. I've picked up a few expensive custom Indys over the years and I can't believe how great this one looks and I'm sure it will be half the price.

As others have mentioned, we just need to dirty him up a bit... I'd love to find some fake cobwebs to mimic the look after the Peruvian temple.

It will be great to pick up two and combine one with the best of the custom pieces to kit bash and sort of an ultimate Indy.

Someone will have to do an extensive weathering tutorial because I for one am not sure how to even begin.

I'm really excited to see what else they bring to the line!

I can't believe I'm getting this free with reward points! :D

I will be weathering the jacket myself..

Does anyone know if it will be on a new body? Has that been confirmed?

With their 1/6 Obi Wan and now this Indiana Jones, SideShow really seems to be hitting it out of the ballpark of late. I am not a huge fan of their body, but the fact that Indy will be fully clothed, hiding the body and those joints makes this figure all the more alluring. This just might be the first 1/6 SideShow figure I have purchased since the Master, which was years ago.

Keep up the excellent work SideShow! If the production pieces look anything like this picture, we're in for a kick-ass toy!

Can I get a hell yeah? hehe

What, it's corny, but do it anyway. DO IT!

This is where my Relic Hunter comes into play! I definitely will be mixing and matching using those die-cast parts and upgrading whatever I can for the Ultimate Indy! :rock

:google

I'm beside myself with excitement! This is a beautiful prototype. I'm amazed at how the team pulled through on everything.

Trev <-- One very happy sculptor

I'm beside myself with excitement! This is a beautiful prototype. I'm amazed at how the team pulled through on everything.

It must be nice to see it all come together. I know how you feel. When I send a painted head off to someone, I am always pumped to see what it looks like when the person gets it mounted and all the clothing together. It's really badass. :rock

Looks like the whip might be poseable... notice how its arched above his head. That could make for some great display options :rock

It's a beautiful sculpt, just something about the paint job looks a tad wrong - I think the stubble could do with being lighter, so it doesn't look so much like designer stubble.

Trevor, which photos did you use for reference? Did you use the one on the front of the Toys McCoy box and the one on the front of the Kenner box? I ask because they both show Ford with a neutral expression, like your sculpt.

If you've got time I'd love to hear more about what you aimed for with the sculpt, and how you came to do it like this instead of, say, 'sardonic smile Indy', 'panicking Indy' or 'determined Indy'.

And finally, the pants are too light!!!! Shouldn't they be browner?

Back