New Toymart issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey man! no problem. I don't mind explaining it.

This was actually the second attempt at Ford, my first was the Han Solo, so I was positive that it was going to be a painful sculpt. :) (I would sculpt Indy a hundred times over, though. My favorite character)

expression came mostly from the classic Raiders shots. the Peru ones directed expression more than any other. I don't have time to go fetch the photos right now, but there's one that's 3/4 view, very famous shot with a blurred jungle in the background.

I prefer Indy smiling/grinning/ looking a bit exhausted...but I felt Raiders Indy was expected to look serious, and I think the Sideshow guys agreed. There will be room to explore the other facets of his character later ;)

thanks!
Trev

Hi Trev - thanks for taking the trouble to answer my questions. I too think the first SS Indy should look serious, but I would love to see some other expressions later - I love the murderous eyes and dangerous smile from the Cairo bar scene in Raiders after Marion dies. Once the classic Indy is done it would be great to see something a bit left field.

Last year when I was making my own Indy customs I relied heavily on screencaps from theraider.net. Speaking of which, I wouldn't want any sculpts to be quite as left field as this...
https://www.theraider.net/showimage...t/films/todoom/gallery/dvdscreenshots/210.jpg

EDIT - I've just seen the high res version of the magazine cover, and I think I know why I'm not keen on the prototype paint apps. I looked at a load of Indy photos from Raiders and I think that it's not the stubble that's wrong it's the flesh tone - they're too light, whereas Indy in Raiders always had a very healthy tan. Does anyone else agree? Maybe (gulp) we need Indy to have the same kind of flesh colouring as the infamous suntanned Brosnan headsculpt.

Last edited:
I stopped getting doubles of 12" figures because I'm buying way more statues nowadays. But if ever their was a figure to stock up on, it's gotta be this one. Congrats Trev, the proto looks awesome and hopefully so will the production one.:monkey3

That's great, new body.

So now we've got Indy and Gandalf coming during Toy Fair, I wonder what they'll pull with Star Wars.

I wonder if the PF announcement during Toy Fair will be Indy.

afd163cover.jpg

FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!

I am so getting this!! I wonder if this is gonna be on the new Sideshow body. It kinda looks to me like it may be on a different neck joint. Maybe something like how the Rambo heads are on the HT bodies, head on a ball jointed neck instead of the head and neck sculpted together.

That is a GREAT looking 1/6 scale Indy figure. If the actual production piece looks that good SS has hit a grand slam to start off this line.

Just showed my Dad the shot from the Mag. He says its the best piece he's seen from SS.

that is one fine looking action figure man!! cant wait for this one. i need more stuff to ship. i got a sihtload for Q2 and not much for Q1 im starting to get the shakes. looking at these new products ain't helping.

Ok..I'm sold...it'll be my first Sideshow figure.

That Buck might be exchanged for a HT TrueType though! :rock

Theres a damn good chance that isn't the buck body we all know so sell.
Looks like this is may be the first figure on the new Sideshow/Hot Toys body.

Looks like it's new. Very fitting time to debut it too since this figure might break all the records on ppo day.

Head swapping between the old Buck and the new body might not be possible but at this point I really don't care. I just want the Buck to go away.

Head swapping between the old Buck and the new body might not be possible but at this point I really don't care. I just want the Buck to go away.

:lecture

Same here, beside there is no f'n way in hell I am gonna go back and swap out 70+ bodies anyway. I am happy with my existing figures, but I would love for the old Buck body to stop being used for future figures.

Back