New Toymart issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the pants are fine. My only issue now is how the bag strap looks. It doesn't look like it even has a buckle. Anyway, it's just a prototype. Other than that ... :chew:chew:chew

Did anyone else notice how the head looks slightly off kilter. Do you think they used the Hot Toys head and neck separation type thing for more movement?

Looks pretty sweet to me and I am sure they will do an inclusive order since a lot of people have been waiting for this puppy for a LONG TIME.

It's a beautiful sculpt, just something about the paint job looks a tad wrong - I think the stubble could do with being lighter, so it doesn't look so much like designer stubble.

Trevor, which photos did you use for reference? Did you use the one on the front of the Toys McCoy box and the one on the front of the Kenner box? I ask because they both show Ford with a neutral expression, like your sculpt.

If you've got time I'd love to hear more about what you aimed for with the sculpt, and how you came to do it like this instead of, say, 'sardonic smile Indy', 'panicking Indy' or 'determined Indy'.

And finally, the pants are too light!!!! Shouldn't they be browner?

Hey man! no problem. I don't mind explaining it.

This was actually the second attempt at Ford, my first was the Han Solo, so I was positive that it was going to be a painful sculpt. :) (I would sculpt Indy a hundred times over, though. My favorite character)

expression came mostly from the classic Raiders shots. the Peru ones directed expression more than any other. I don't have time to go fetch the photos right now, but there's one that's 3/4 view, very famous shot with a blurred jungle in the background.

I prefer Indy smiling/grinning/ looking a bit exhausted...but I felt Raiders Indy was expected to look serious, and I think the Sideshow guys agreed. There will be room to explore the other facets of his character later ;)

thanks!
Trev

Looks pretty sweet to me and I am sure they will do an inclusive order since a lot of people have been waiting for this puppy for a LONG TIME.

I would think so because I think it will be the first Sideshow figure for a lot of people and you wouldn't want to make new potential customers upset about missing out on it especially since they might stick around and buy more Indy stuff later on.

I'm still somewhat new here so I didn't know Trevor sculpted Indy but since I now know I'd just like to say great job!

I think I know the raiders shot your talking about.

Hey Trev, first off congrats on a fantastic sculpt. Just curious, do you have to do your own research or are you provided with all the references for whatever character you are commissioned for?

Anyone else thinking of getting another just to customize the Indy from the beginning of Temple of Doom in White Tux jacket?

Trevor, I never buy 12" figures, but you're making me buy this one.

And incidentally, I've been rewatching the IJ movies since the trailer came out, so I couldn't be more pumped for a Raiders Indy! Guess I'll actually get two -- one to customise and play with, and one to just keep for keeps.

:joy

Thanks to everyone! It's a real joy and privilege to get to be a part of such a great Indiana Jones piece

Hey Trev, first off congrats on a fantastic sculpt. Just curious, do you have to do your own research or are you provided with all the references for whatever character you are commissioned for?

I'm provided with photos for a lot of projects. Indy wasn't one of them, unfortunately. I had to dig up all of my own stuff on that. I dunno if the licensor was holding back or what, I had collected hundreds of photos since I was an early teen, so I had a decent amount of stuff to study. the greatest aid for sculpture comes from dvd captures...and LOTS of 'em. :)

Seretur-enjoy playing with your first 12" action figure! :D
Trev

Anyone else thinking of getting another just to customize the Indy from the beginning of Temple of Doom in White Tux jacket?

I'm actually thinking about getting a second to do the missing right sleeve/machete wielding ToD look.

I think you're right, I posted this cropped shot over in the other thread to show what looks like a new body :chew:chew

jones.jpg

afd163cover.jpg

jones.jpg
Oh my God that looks great! Now I'm probably wrong about this, but thst looks like a double jointed neck to me! The neck is on an angel but the head is facing us straight up... New Body maybe... Put that in the rumour file!

This baby Body is ordered! Hope he comes with a couple of sets of hands!

Last edited:
Now I'm probably wrong about this, but thst looks like a double jointed neck to me! The neck is on an angel but the head is facing us straight up... New Body maybe... Put that in the rumour file!

Actually thats why I posted the picture in the other thread, pretty sure its a new body. The neck joint doesn't have the straight across seam at the bottom and like you said the neck and head appear to be a different angles :chew:chew

Back