New Tomb Raider game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I know hey, pretty late to the TR party coz I never had playstation back in the day - I was N64 then xbox. This game is looking great though.

Ah, I see. I was lucky enough to have a PC at the time the first one came out and played it there. After that I only ever saw bits and bobs of Lara over the years as I didn't purchase any others apart from the first game.

That is until the XBOX 360. Lara had been given to another studio and they basically pressed reset on her. So I picked up the games again starting with Legend.

The new one is a good game in it's own right, but isn't very 'Lara-ish', I've found. She doesn't have her attitude or smarts, nor even half her abilities yet. I'm hoping that with this being an origin story of sorts in future titles she becomes more acrobatic again, and is actually more into exploring too (there isn't as much emphasis on that or even the whole 'tomb-raiding' in this one).

this is got to be the best reboot ever. omg this game is amazing.
the bow,gun play,stealth, upgrades, exploring you name it.
it is just amazing.

this game is blowing me away. I will do a review of the game after I am done.

it's going to be a long nite but well worth it.

View attachment 58715
View attachment 58716

:p

Sent from Umbrella Corporation HQ using Tapatalk

glass-case-of-emotion-will-ferrell.gif

Got my copy yesterday and played for about an hour.

Wow, this game is amazing. I was hooked into the action and story straight away. I look forward to playing more and finding out more about the island.

I should be sleeping right now but I think I will give myself 1 more hour...than it would be 11pm and I need to wake up at 5:30am. Nah I will give myself 1 more hour and I promise I will go to sleep at midnight... >_>

I can't believe this game comes from the same people who tried to recycle or rehash the same formula for the last three tomb raider games and what took them so long to do this? :lol Budget problem? Lazy? No push? Scared to innovate? Square-Enix putting on the pressure?

In other news:

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/03/05/tomb-raider-reboot-spurs-new-movie.aspx

Started to see all these resources of a movie reboot! Who should be the new Lara Croft?

Ah, I see. I was lucky enough to have a PC at the time the first one came out and played it there. After that I only ever saw bits and bobs of Lara over the years as I didn't purchase any others apart from the first game.

That is until the XBOX 360. Lara had been given to another studio and they basically pressed reset on her. So I picked up the games again starting with Legend.

The new one is a good game in it's own right, but isn't very 'Lara-ish', I've found. She doesn't have her attitude or smarts, nor even half her abilities yet. I'm hoping that with this being an origin story of sorts in future titles she becomes more acrobatic again, and is actually more into exploring too (there isn't as much emphasis on that or even the whole 'tomb-raiding' in this one).

I am LOVING this one so far, I'm interested to see if they've got more like this one for this gen or if they'll hold out for next gen.

Man this game is just way to awesome. Seriously I love this knew inexperienced Lara Croft, she's a badass but she's also very unsure and vunerable. Most relatable Croft yet.

done for the nite. I am at 32% 3 first areas done 100%
just got the bow with rope. this is the best tomb raider ever made.
love the stealth elements.

omg I bowed a guy of the zip line. it was the funniest thing ever.
he plunged into the abyss yealing. I was on the floor.

no one really cares. bye now

Slow down man! You kill the good games off too quick. Play for an hour, shut it down. Come back next day, an hour, shut it down. Stop and enjoy the scenery! lol

this is got to be the best reboot ever. omg this game is amazing.
the bow,gun play,stealth, upgrades, exploring you name it.
it is just amazing.

this game is blowing me away. I will do a review of the game after I am done.

it's going to be a long nite but well worth it.

Yep, I like it even better than Uncharted. he he

Love my collectors edition and the art book, though small, is pretty cool.

The game itself is good. I played for only 2 hours. Still need to get into it before I can decide if it's going to be a game I can sit down all day and play, or not.

For me, not better than UC.

I just love how people hate on anyone who mentions playing it on PC. Seriously are we looking down on people who are playing it on consoles? Hell no we are just excited about it. It is a fact that PC graphics are much better than consoles so when we say something about the graphics we aren't looking down on consoles its because it is the one thing PC gamers look forward to. I own ps3/xbox 360/wii so I do enjoy both of them. Sorry just went back and saw all the people giving Solidsnake ****.

:goodpost::exactly::exactly::lecture

Back