New to starwars area need some guidance

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i finally found a smiling pick of the guy lol

rs1_zps9f3ec30e.jpg

I also discovered obi wan does not have a rib knit mock turtleneck but a very tight t-shirt knit. So i'm glad I caught that before looking for fabric.

that robe and tunic is totally made of linen or gauze

it`s a great stand in. everything else is a little short and doesn`t look right. until they can produce a better version of r2 someday.

Taito R2D2 is a clock in the form of R2D2 that people use as a R2D2 and usually repaint or mod them. Put a link that explains the clock and shows it with other figures.

https://bmedicom.runboard.com/t14759

I looked at it but i'm having problem figuring out which one is that one. there is a kitchen timer, projection alarm clock, but I don't see that model or how to look for it in a search

is there a major difference in height between medico r2 and this guy?

Scratch that the alarm clock is the right height. it's too bad someone can't take one of those apart and make duplicates so everyone on the board can have one. I just found out medicom's is 6" tall that makes him 2" shorter than he should be, that's a bummer for such a huge cost for an r2 unit. that means C3P0 is also to damn short.

I think c3p0 might be about1/4 - 1/2 inch too short still that's not as bad as R2 you would think for cost
C3P0 would have came with chewie's bag and could be unassembled with attachable libs with wires poking out. so we get more bang for buck. not to mention medico hasn't bothered to cover the holes in back for unscrewing him. most figures have cover tabs.

Last edited:
I looked at it but i'm having problem figuring out which one is that one. there is a kitchen timer, projection alarm clock, but I don't see that model or how to look for it in a search

it`s not the kitchen timer or the projection alarm clock. I managed to find one on ebay. I bought it from a seller from Singapore

Man for that cost he should come with 10 phrases from the film like that r2d2 and sideshow should offer a payment plan.

well they do it`s called flex pay on there website check it out I don't know if they have the tamashii still or not but they have a payment option

they have it on waitlist it's really expensive and the fact it's metal is kinda cool but I am worried about maintenance over the years. because even cast metal oxidizes overtime, that gold will tarnish like crazy if it' isn't under glass after 5yrs. unless it's treated.

and for that expensive price he should talk as well to give more incentive to buy. his back panel could be removable so a voice box could be put there or in it's head with a tiny speaker in mouth or something.

I was doing research on clothes and was surprised to see that the pants han wears is actually brushed denim.

Him and luke's shirts were made of a vintage fabric that was a wool cotton blend from india but sold. in UK. I use the term vintage is that it is to us but not during that time in 77. there is no comparable fabric in today's time since rayon was brought into use.

so a rayon knit would be the only equal or wool jersey(pricy at nearly $20 a yard)

only reason wool jersey is expensive is because mademoiselle coco made it into high fashion fabric.

lukes pants is white denim/twill. I'm leaning more twords twill, for 1/6th scale gabardine is more lighter weight and doesn't frey as fast.

I'm still surprised that sideshow would have so many fabric choice mistakes. I love fabric and textures. And princess leia was a miss and the use of baby rib knit for obi wan Kenobi (that's a bulky fabric especially in a rib knit) when the actors sleeveless mock turtleneck was clearly t-shirt knit. it has a smooth line and lays against body better.

Man for that cost he should come with 10 phrases from the film like that r2d2 and sideshow should offer a payment plan.

He's about $100 cheaper on Amazon with free shipping. He's one of my favorite figures ever.

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii-Nations-C-3PO-Wars-Episode/dp/B009HMK1OW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384664371&sr=8-1&keywords=tamashii+c-3po"]https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii-Nations-C-3PO-Wars-Episode/dp/B009HMK1OW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384664371&sr=8-1&keywords=tamashii+c-3po[/ame]

I was in TRU today and I was surprised how little SW was on the main shelves (in the UK anyway). There's tons of Lego SW's in the lego section but in terms of other merchandise it was just fancy dress items and a couple of figures and that was it.

yea star wars is getting harder to get. I did manage to pick up ANH Han solo had to fight 7 people but he is all mind mother fo's. lol.

LOL. I picked up a kenner r2d2

$_57.JPG

mainly because he has arms that you can put into ports. one thing medico forgot to do as well as telescope. until we get his hand's and antenna and port for luke skywalkers lightsabor i'm holding off on buying an updated r2. I am getting another r2 that has sound. someday id like to figure out how to take this guy from kenner and make him electronic.

since I'm going to stay in the star wars area for awhile I decided to change my avatar back to my fave pic of Leia. People seem to be a lot nice in star wars area. You kinda need to learn to be combative if your going to be in g.i.,joe area I'm not kidding.

did anyone ever buy this R2 and knows if the 3rd leg comes out I know they mde like 3-4 different R2's just cruious

Last edited:
Back