New to starwars area need some guidance

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groovy34

Super Freak
Reaction score
I never really entered this section much until recently and not sure who has done what etc.

I'm really only interested in ANH and some empire strikes back stuff.
not sure what sculptors did what and im piss terrible at looking people up. wondering if you guys could direct me.

I know im getting snyderman's Leia so she pretty much is solved and i'm making the white dress myself so I don't need that help. But the other characters yes.

Click above into the customs forums Groovy, there is a ton of custom stuff available for ANH and Empire characters.

I tried doing a search this forum for just ANH and it didn't work so well I wish it filtered peoples customs from whats available to buy. at this rate it will take hours to find one head sculpt.

Go check out Enaud's thread, enough ANH sculpts in there to keep anyone busy awhile.

To TheFiend you listen regarding Old Ben :lecture

SS Farmboy Luke isn't bad under the paint. The SS Stormtrooper Luke is widely considered the best available, but again, better paint works miracles. The Yavin Luke is beyond saving and the UU/Enterbay Luke is a real nice representation of the fictional character Luke, but nowhere near like Mark Hamill. I don't know that anyone in the customs section has sculpted a ANH (god I hate that clarifier) Luke from scratch though.

To TheFiend you listen regarding Old Ben :lecture

SS Farmboy Luke isn't bad under the paint. The SS Stormtrooper Luke is widely considered the best available, but again, better paint works miracles. The Yavin Luke is beyond saving and the UU/Enterbay Luke is a real nice representation of the fictional character Luke, but nowhere near like Mark Hamill. I don't know that anyone in the customs section has sculpted a ANH (god I hate that clarifier) Luke from scratch though.

I dont know why people think that the ST luke head is good? I think its trash that way the mouth is sculpted totally runes the sculpt for me.

thanks for the help guys. yea I do hope someone in here does another ANH luke he is getting expensive and I didn't know about sideshow until 2010. I was in the Barbie verse and collecting 60's Barbie items. I only came to know about this stuff when I went looking for a body for my ken head. I haven't went to Barbie world ever since.

I got leia at ebay she was terrible. SSC used silk chemuese for her dress using the backing as the front. and it was to lightweight for the sleeves. when ITY is the only knit with the silky feel and weight. I got it for the weapons,boots and belt. I poped off her right hand and put it on my kumik which fits nicely lol.

I was hoping someone on the board would do this version of old ben when he would smirk I couldn't find a good pic but this was the start of it before he let vador slice through him.

obi-wan-darth-vader-duel.png

every figure you see of him has this stoned look on his face like he smoked a bowl before doing his lines. id love to see him have that smile he had with luke when he said you must come with me and learn about the force. it's that kind of smile like (I know something you don't know but you will someday)

here was a good look for luke
Luke_Skywalker_USE.jpg

I mean honestly where is this guy as a sculpt.

Last edited:
Who knows maybe someone on here will get inspired to do a good rep of ANH Luke and a better more lively old ben instead of the constipated/stoned old ben.

He looks good I don't know why I want him smiling he just seemed so wise and michevious. I guess it's too much to hope for a cooler obi-wan head.

I may hunt around for a head for ben, has anyone ever did a cast of him since he is getting harder to locate.

I wish medico would make one so I can get a light up saber. I wish they would just sell those for all figures.

hey flossi does obiwan's hooded cloak feel like wool to you?

Yeah, it does. It's thick but can be futzed after a little water treatment.

You know, Groovy, you rarely get 1/6th sculpts with all that much emotion. The standard dead pan kinda look is the norm.

My Ben is a SS head repainted by Skiman, SS clothing, belt and saber hilt, DID Brown German riding boots, a Narrow Shoulder TT with a Nick Fury Fat/Body suit and Hot Toys relaxed hands. Here's some better, but not great, pics:

null-12.jpg

null-13.jpg

If you're going to go and try to put together high quality customs of the main SW characters I would suggest doing one at a time. it sounds as if you have Leia just about all dialed in. I used the Snyderman head for mine as well.

null_zps56bfdbfa.jpg

Still waiting on the gown but the rest is just about finished.

Ben does need work, but he can look every bit as good as a HT figure. Sorry for the bad pic.

yje5egug.jpg

Those two look amazing! Wish i had a gazillion dollars. I'd buy your entire collection ;).

Love the work on old ben. Mine still has the factory look, but he still looks pretty good. Nice work on the vader. Hope to pick up a fully customized anh vader one day.

Best,

Robert

Yeah, it does. It's thick but can be futzed after a little water treatment.

You know, Groovy, you rarely get 1/6th sculpts with all that much emotion. The standard dead pan kinda look is the norm.

My Ben is a SS head repainted by Skiman, SS clothing, belt and saber hilt, DID Brown German riding boots, a Narrow Shoulder TT with a Nick Fury Fat/Body suit and Hot Toys relaxed hands. Here's some better, but not great, pics:

null-12.jpg

null-13.jpg

If you're going to go and try to put together high quality customs of the main SW characters I would suggest doing one at a time. it sounds as if you have Leia just about all dialed in. I used the Snyderman head for mine as well.

null_zps56bfdbfa.jpg

Still waiting on the gown but the rest is just about finished.

Im going to use snyderman's head as well, I talked with him and he is going to be doing the bespin cloud city leia. I'm waiting on dye for her outfit and comfimation and I will be making the proto for the bespin leia. Star puff will be taking over construction of cape afterwards. I felt she could do a better job at that since im better at clothing than capes.

as far as ANH Leia I found some museum pics of her and will be crafting it around it. I know quina nylon very well my granmothers nighgown was made of it. ITY jersey is the closest with weight and texture. I already have the gown cut out.

next week I will finish her gown I'll post the headless figure lol. I hate the Sideshow sculpt to much to put it on my kumik body. Im reserving the right for snyderman's sculpt.

We we could get someone to make her metal belt parts I have plenty of white leather and pleather to make belts. the sideshow one is rough
like a rush job.

eyeing your figre of old ben I think I have an idea what fabric was used. the wool overcloak I think might be a blend. I saw something similar it had a rayon wool blend with about 3% lycra they called it wool knit. it's heavy with a wool feel. becareful with water as rayon is a wood fiber it might shrink or attract insects.
try using steam from an iron.

the robe on the inside is a linen like cotton (not real linen because the real has to loose of a weeve)

the collar is obviously baby rib knit in expresso brown

I was hoping someone on the board would do this version of old ben when he would smirk I couldn't find a good pic but this was the start of it before he let vador slice through him.

obi-wan-darth-vader-duel.png

You are the only person besides myself that would like a smiling Old Ben sculpt. Although I had something a bit different in mind from the pic you posted. I don't feel like looking up any pic but there is one of him on Tatooine with his hair blowing in the wind. That's the portrait I had in mind.

But the SSC Old Ben is great I think with a repaint. Check out the last few pages of this thread.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27574&page=40

Ben does need work, but he can look every bit as good as a HT figure. Sorry for the bad pic.

yje5egug.jpg

Man, that's an awesome pic.

Give me that robe.

Back