New to starwars area need some guidance

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that pic too they don't have any stills of him smiling and he did that quite a lot in the film. he had too looks serious almost constipated and smiling like he has a secret or you amuse him somehow.

I'm glad at least I'm not the only one who wants a smiling old ben

Yea we totally need someone to make some sculpts of old ben. I just went online he is expensive. maybe someone can make light saber's to because there is people like myself that take pride in making stuff from scratch.

Both old ben and lando are almost unreachable price wise.

I bet even Ski can make light sabor's available for purchase since the tip is liquid clear resin dyed alittle. he is awesome with electronics. hell they might even be better than the ones out now.

every figure you see of him has this stoned look on his face like he smoked a bowl before doing his lines.

Who knows maybe someone on here will get inspired to do a good rep of ANH Luke and a better more lively old ben instead of the constipated/stoned old ben.

Way too many SSC figures have that stern "blue steel" look about them that makes me want to run out to get them a laxative. That and showing too much white in the eyes to make it look even worse.

Everyone except the Emperor who looks like a kind old man, go figure.

has anyone I hate to say this but made a re-cast of Old Ben. I typically don't look for re-cast but old ben is to gosh darn expensive.

has anyone I hate to say this but made a re-cast of Old Ben. I typically don't look for re-cast but old ben is to gosh darn expensive.

Like i told Flosi, put up a WTB thread and give your terms. Im telling you you will find him for a decent price. Keep checking the sales thread too. Some times you have to be patient though.

:rock Will do, Seb.

Do it, Flosi. :rock

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

what is a wtb is that short for where to buy. I don't know I get scolded for having to many threads on here and people would think that was a dumb thread to start and id never hear the end of it.

You're fine. Its in the Commerce section. Start a Want to Buy thread. Just type in what you're looking for in your title and what you're willing to pay/ your terms in the first post. Just give it a little time and I think you'll find what you're looking for. I've gotten some good deals here.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

ok I just did, I'm going to buy a newer obiwan and just snag the gear and hands. and make his clothes so maybe someone either has recast him. ( I feel alittle bad about getting a recast but I'm kinda desperate lol.) I don't plan on doing anything with ben right away so it's ok if I have to wait awhile.

that will give me time to finish princess leia's organa dress. and start on her bespin outfit.

I bought the Ewan McGregor Kenobi for his gear. I guess I'll sell the head and some of the clothes since i'm remaking the outfit I can make a pattern from what I see so I don't have to go to trouble of measuring and drafting lol.

but the rest of him is kinda useless I'll keep the hands,lightsabors and blaster but the otherstuff terrible. of the wardrobe i'll keep belt brown cloak(so I can distress it) and boots looks cool.

the rest I might sell or trade for a good old obiwan head if someone wants to recast there's in exchange for some of what I have. I might keep the body but then again might not depends if I need it for old ben.

Last edited:
To be honest it would be awesome if a sculptor on this side of the force was planning on making another headsculpt of old ben then I wouldn't need to look for a recast or sideshow sculpt id have one that I could say is my ben Kenobi. and I could patiently wait for that headsculpt.

This might be a crazy idea but I really like theis head from a vinyl kit for ben Kenobi can someone take that head and do recast of it in resin. they can totally keep the mold and make more for us on the board. it looks better than sideshows. Which btw didn't think was possible with vinyl.

images

I think in the hands of the right painter he won't look bad.

I doubt anyone would want to get rid of their old ben from sideshow but it would be cool if someone made a copy for people who cant afford nearly 250-600 for old ben.
Ebay has gone nuts and he is getting very hard to find.

I did post on WTB but not sure anyone will see it.

Last edited:
I have been making some headway alittle. My friend pete has a head for old ben and is helping me with it thank god. I think i'm going to get wgp's Han Solo head, buy the bespin han and making the clothes (the blood stripes haven't figured out yet might embroidery floss them in.)

Im waiting to see if a guy found luke so I can make him and like han I might need to pick up a bespin or another luke that has gear.

and thanks to flossi's page I might build a chewie I might have to get his help constructing that skeletal structure. or I found a freakishly thin body I could Frankenstein with chewie maybe. I don't know if the kenner crossbow is any good since there isn't anyone making them ATM it might have to do.

so that makes a solid start at least.

Darth Vader will be a challenge because he is expensive no matter how you slice it. him and the droids might have to save up and buy.

good luck with your collecting. I have been collecting these 1/6 figures since 06. I have amassed about 80 to almost 90 figures in my collection.

holy crap well I only want the main cast and a few stormtroopers. If I had the space and money. I may have done more.

Man if I was rich id have a millennium falcon made damn thing would be nearly 6 feet long and 4 feet high on legs but it would be worth it. again if I was rich and had a room dedicated to star wars. because that would be like a $20,000 custom easy lol.

the real falcon would need to be made from the interior outward so you could figure dimension's of common area and cockpit. and probably made like the miniature version

any ways fingers crossed I get the main cast made.

once you start then you want more you think you will start with the main charactors then you want to go farther and farther that's`s what happened to me

well lucky for me I only like ANH & ESB. Im also extreamly picky because I only want from ESB is lando,leia,yoda, lando's cyborg lobot and if sideshow is creative a re-assemble C3PO with attachable libs that show loose wires you can exchange with the fixed limbs..

as far as anh I have more on the want list and im being strict with myself.
1. Princess leia (in progress)
2. old ben Kenobi (in progress)
3. Han solo (soon)
4. Luke skywalker farmer
5. chewie Chewbacca
6. C3PO
7. R2D2
8. Darth Vader
9. 2 Storm troopers
10. Boba fett
11. Guedo bounty hunter

that's it. I really don't care for the emperor he didn't have a lot of screen time to make a difference to me.
the only ROTJ is that cute little ewok and village hippy leia.

I would want jabba the hut but he is soooo expensive and all of his parts, and his loyal advisor I 86'd him as to damn expensive to think about.

to bad you didn`t collect them when they came out. I think that your bounty hunter guedo is called greedo. good luck on him he`s a tough one. you should look up hammer head is awesome as well so is the tusken raider. I have the tamashii threepo. I also have the taito r2-d2 he is the version that`s the correct height almost like the old vintage kenner 8" figure back in the late 70`s. I have all three sandtrooper version`s. I have the luke and han stormtrooper outfits from sdcc. cantina band members all 5 of them. I have luke and han farmer custom with the luke from the stormtrooper outfit head the same goes for han as well.

Back