New to starwars area need some guidance

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone. New to the Star Wars forum. Is there a thread to ask questions on some vintage (70's) smaller figures? Thanks!

You do a search. Not much vintage talk in here much, but you never know. I'd advise a search prior to starting a new thread.:lecture

I picked up Yoda from medicom for 89 bucks hope that was a steal i believe he was more when he came out.
For that price, I would have gone with Sideshow Yoda Jedi Mentor. This figure is awesome and cute at the same time. If you miss out on the Jedi Mentor, go with Jedi Master before they are sold out.

For that price, I would have gone with Sideshow Yoda Jedi Mentor. This figure is awesome and cute at the same time. If you miss out on the Jedi Mentor, go with Jedi Master before they are sold out.

when i was looking he was nearly 200 bucks and i don't care for jedi master vesion

Righto ladies & gents it appears that my common sense has grabbed it's hat & coat & left the building & I am now looking at doing something I had so far avoided & that's getting back into Star Wars collecting :slap:slap

Now I've been having a look & I'm feeling 1/6th will be the way forward for me here as there are some cracking figures out now.

But I'm just wondering where to begin really.

Do I jump in both feet first & get the Darth Malgus & General Grievous figures which both look simply amazing or do I backtrack a bit & get some older figures first??

I think I'll mostly concentrate on the Empire / Sith if I'm honest as the characters there are much more interesting to me so I do have my eyes on the old Darth Maul & Asajj figures but I'm just after some advice from you seasoned collectors if that's ok?

Thanks in advance

Neil

This totally depends on what you like most.

if your a newbie to starwars and prefer the 1-3 movies then collect them starting with obi-wan since you'll need 2 one has a light up saber and the other doesn't and you'll need to swap clothes with each.to get one figure.

If your into classic 4-6 then start with obi wan, yoda, and han there awfully pricy and getting harder to find as well as lando.
buy princess leia while she is less costly and replace her dress there is 3 costumers offering i believe.

Thanks for the comments Groovy :)

I'm 36 (37 this year) so to me 4-6 are the only Star Wars movies that matter.

That said though I do love the extended universe that has come thanks to the prequels, Cartoons, games & books & tbf without that I think my interest in Star Wars would be next to nothing now.

It's thanks to that extended universe that I want to get some of the more recent additions to the line like Malgus & Grievous.
TBF the characters from 4-6 interest me the least with the exception of Vader, Luke & Han I'm not really that fussed by having any of them at all.

I've been watching the Malgus video review from Da Bomb & I think he'll be my first figure.

I'm going to be keeping an eye on Ebay to snap up some bargains if I find them.

Thanks again for the advice

Neil

Hey Neil glad you started and glad you like the older ones I never cared for 1-3. Sorry for late reply I go to college and work on customs in my spare time.

I think I'll mostly concentrate on the Empire / Sith if I'm honest as the characters there are much more interesting to me so I do have my eyes on the old Darth Maul & Asajj figures but I'm just after some advice from you seasoned collectors if that's ok?

The older Sith were cool figures. There are shortcomings that were standard for the time, but both Maul and Ventress were fantastic for their price. (I don't know what they go for now.) Medicom as an alternative to SS is worth considering, though I prefer the one from SS. If you're in no hurry, HT may do one in a few years. They might do Ventress too, but she'll probably be styled after the new cartoon.

Back