New Thundercats Toys from Bandai!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I went to TRU and I bought a few of the 8" classics. Lion-O looks really good. Tgyra classics is ok but not that great looking. I really thought I would like the new 6" figures but upon looking at them against the 4" figures --- The 4" figures really do look alot better. The 6" figures just looked kind of cheap and Lion-O's head looked really fake wheras the 4" Lion-O head looked like the cartoon and more realistic. Also, the black peg joints stick out bad on the 6" figs. Mumm-ra 6" just looks bad. The thundertank is awesome so I think I will stick with 4" plus they are half the price.

which TRU?

I called my local TRU today and they said that they were sold out... They are starting to pop up on eBay, but alot of them are at double what they are at retail. I just hope they show up at the stores soon. I really like the look of the 4" figures. It would be cool if future waves had Jaga and Claudius.

I can't wait for these to hit here in Toronto Canada, i'm going to blow some cash on the 4'' line and get that deluxe Sword of Omens.

100_3712.jpg

went to walmart tonight...seen the peg for the figures...all sold out, dammit. Seen the thunder tank and that was it.

Picked up the Mezco Lion-O and 6" 2011 Lion-O the other day in Charolette. The Mezco one is great, especially for the price, but the 6 inch Lion-O is definitely getting returned. Too many issues w/ it. The black pegs look awful in person and the double-jointed elbows don't help.

Meanwhile today I picked up the 4" version and a Classic Lion-O (finally! :woo). Seems Tygra was doing his invisibility thing though.
I was tempted to get Cheetara and a couple other four-inchers but I haven't watched enough of the show and honestly the vintage stuff is where my loyalties lie.

Enough BSing here's some pics!

Lion-Obandai.jpg

Hooooo.jpg

Last edited:
Quick pics of mine!!
They are not MOTUC by any means, but cool nonetheless!!
My only gripes, are the random color joints, and the weapons feel quite cheap...
SDCC Lion-O's swords are miles ahead of these flimsy ones...
bummer...
I hope eventually Cheetara's staff or Panthros nun-chucks are less bendy...

DSC02044.jpg

DSC02042.jpg

DSC02052.jpg

DSC02043.jpg

DSC02045.jpg

DSC02049.jpg

DSC02048.jpg

DSC02046.jpg

DSC02050.jpg

no, that's the 8 inch version, from the classic series.

I mean the six inch figure from the new cartoon.
With a MOTUC figure.

I think they will match up better scale-wise.

comparison from JonWes's flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/31045631@N00/6003712621/in/photostream

Yeah, I'd say they'd fit.

Quick pics of mine!!
They are not MOTUC by any means, but cool nonetheless!!
My only gripes, are the random color joints, and the weapons feel quite cheap...
SDCC Lion-O's swords are miles ahead of these flimsy ones...
bummer...
I hope eventually Cheetara's staff or Panthros nun-chucks are less bendy...

The wrist and ankle pegs really irk me as well. I was afraid of that when I heard Bandai got the liscense. I guess its better than black but only by a little. At least they don't have the peg showing through on either side of the shoulder.

I'm with you on the weapons as well. Lion-O sword started to warp just being outside yesterday. :slap They're minor nits but Bandai needs to come a little better if the Classics are aimed toward colectors.

I got mine from Toysrus last week, and I can't wait for more Classics.

Mine came from a Toysrus in a town an hour away (my Daughter picked them up for me), my closest Toysrus is sold out. I don't know about any other retailers and it's probably too early to tell, but I hope this is a good enough sign to Bandai to make more characters.

Back