New Superman movie coming from JJ Abrams

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Steve Rogers had 10 glorious years on screen and had a great passing the torch moment in Endgame. Superman on the other hand has been fumbled time and time again and never really had a great movie since the 70s (I really like MoS and BvS too) even though the casting of Cavill was perfection. This feels like WB don't know how to course correct with Cavill so they're just getting rid of Cavill/Clark Kent and going the black route in the hope that it will paper over the cracks and make up for a complete lack of creativity.

I don?t disagree. I actually love MoS and take it even further in my belief that Cavill even surpasses Reeve as the best onscreen Superman. I think his greater bulk makes him more comic book accurate. But if WB can?t figure out what to do with Superman they won?t be able to whether this movie gets made or not. It?s not going to be a reboot, just a different story.

Unless this one does great at the BO because of the black angle and WB think "Oh, it's not that the other films were bad and we made poor decisions, people just don't like OG Superman anymore" and he's left on the writers room floor for another 10 years.

See if they were making the next Superman movie and announced that Cavill was out and Michael B Jordan or whoever had been cast to take over the role of Kal El from Krypton sent to Earth by Jor El to Smallville who becomes Clark Kent and then Superman I would think it was garbage. I?ve been reading Superman comics my entire life and Superman doesn?t look like Michael B Jordan. I?d feel the same way if they cast Danny Devito or John Goodman as Superman. I want my comic book characters to look like what I see in the comic books I grew up with.
Reports I?ve read say this movie isn?t doing that. It?s taking an existing black character from the comics and making a movie adaptation. This would be no different than someone wanting to make a John Stewart GL movie or a movie about Sam Wilson?s time as Captain America.
If a writer feels that there is a cinematic story to tell about a comics run that they like, more power to them. The writer even said that his film was existing within the DCEU so for all we know Cavill will be in the movie as Clark Kent / Kal El too. Can?t figure out why any of this is upsetting to anyone.

Well Steve Rogers had 10 glorious years on screen and had a great passing the torch moment in Endgame. Superman on the other hand has been fumbled time and time again and never really had a great movie since the 70s (I really like MoS and BvS too) even though the casting of Cavill was perfection. This feels like WB don't know how to course correct with Cavill so they're just getting rid of Cavill/Clark Kent and going the black route in the hope that it will paper over the cracks and make up for a complete lack of creativity.

There you have it!

I?m no opposed to Calvin Ellis, actually, the CB story was even good. But Superman seems s to be a character they don?t know how to approach.

Retuns was basically good, but missed a real threat and fight, plus, be it in Returns or MOS, they had to play the character either angsty or the reluctant Superhero. They don?t get the character. I wouldn?t be opposed to Calvin Ellis or any multiverse Superman, but that?s just too early. They don?t even have one entirely good Supes since 1978 (and granted, it was good because of CR mostly). So they keep botching the character over and over and what do they do instead of learning from their mistakes? They?re going to use a fringe character that is not what most Superman fan need: if they really need a reboot (and in spite of the many, many things I hated about MOS, the only real success was the casting of Cavill), let?s do it right.

DC is running after Marvel. They started after Marvel, screwed they movies and would like to introduce minor characters and give them their own movies when they haven?t been able to make a good one with the basic characters first. JL was a mistake. You don?t put characters together who will each have ten to twenty minutes of screentime in a crowded film before they?ve had their solo movies with character development. They wanted to jump the horses and fell off the cliff. DC movies can?t even manage their properties and they?re doing it worse as they go.

There you have it!

I?m no opposed to Calvin Ellis, actually, the CB story was even good. But Superman seems s to be a character they don?t know how to approach.

Retuns was basically good, but missed a real threat and fight, plus, be it in Returns or MOS, they had to play the character either angsty or the reluctant Superhero. They don?t get the character. I wouldn?t be opposed to Calvin Ellis or any multiverse Superman, but that?s just too early. They don?t even have one entirely good Supes since 1978 (and granted, it was good because of CR mostly). So they keep botching the character over and over and what do they do instead of learning from their mistakes? They?re going to use a fringe character that is not what most Superman fan need: if they really need a reboot (and in spite of the many, many things I hated about MOS, the only real success was the casting of Cavill), let?s do it right.

DC is running after Marvel. They started after Marvel, screwed they movies and would like to introduce minor characters and give them their own movies when they haven?t been able to make a good one with the basic characters first. JL was a mistake. You don?t put characters together who will each have ten to twenty minutes of screentime in a crowded film before they?ve had their solo movies with character development. They wanted to jump the horses and fell off the cliff. DC movies can?t even manage their properties and they?re doing it worse as they go.

I don?t disagree with any of this. It?s also possible that WB may have some really questionable motives for the whole thing. They know that making black Superman will definitely get them a lot more attention, publicity, and possible good will from people who don?t normally care about comic books than making Man of Steel 2 would. With that said, I still believe that the two things may not effect one another. Given a choice between all Superman movies from now on featuring Calvin Ellis or Val Zod or Clark Kent, I?m taking Kent in a heart beat. That?s the real Superman and if you can only do one do the primary one.
But I don?t think it?s one or the other.
I loved this run on Captain America where Steve Rogers quit and John Walker took over. They looked almost identical but were different people. I would love to see an MCU version of that on the big screen because it was a good storyline as long as it doesn?t erase Steve Rogers from ever having existed.

And there lies the problem. A white person cannot share their thoughts or feelings without fear of being labeled a "racist". Welcome to today's 'Merica. ALL Whites are required to look in the mirror every morning and just be ashamed of themselves.

Especially Straight Heterosexual White Males. The scum of the earth.

Virtual high five.

That reply was meant to be offensive. I?m glad it was.

I just want any woke who read it feel as pissed as I feel at having my childhood icon be defiled movie after movie. And no, it?s not just one film, it?s the whole woke phenomenon that makes me want to fight back. I just can?t stand the PC anymore. It?s everywhere now. Damn it, if they want some black or lgbtq or feminist hero, let?s create them, let?s make them fun and have people want to watch them!

But there?s no way I?ll go watch a black or blonde Superman.

Will Smith was awesome as Hancock, Wesley Snipes was just perfect as Blade, that?s the right move! Not by turning white characters black. This is as awful as the contrary. That is also racism.

Another virtual high five.

Man you uptight whiteeez have to relax you’ve already had what 9 white Superman movies and countless white Superman TV shows we are talking about hundreds of hours of white Superman for at least 70 years on the big and small screen god forbid we get ONE....ONE black Kal-El movie sheesh!

I for one am super OK with it if anything i’m looking forward to it

I say bring it:

1F10EA0E-7035-4409-8618-029842673A46.jpeg

WB just revealed Zod :yess:

F617D58C-A3E0-4C71-B4F0-8516F0F05AEC.jpeg

Marvel should just beat WB to the punch and give Black Panther flying powers in BP2 he already has a cape and his powers originated from the cosmos lol

Last edited:
I wonder what Snyder thinks of all this...
Anyway, if this is not black Kal El, I'm fine with it. But I really would have loved to see another Henry Cavill Superman flick.

Apparently the powers that be at WB hate Henry Cavill.
And the fans. :lol

But still, if the Snyder cut is a success, I can picture WB (and more importantly AT&T) taking a hard look at how they should move forward with Snyder's universe. Gal Gadot, Henry Cavill, Jason Momoa and Ben Affleck are all well liked by the fans, and they are the core characters, so despite Affleck's age, they could easily give each a new stand-alone movie and a JL2 to cap it off. And if the Flash movie does well, they have the added bonus of playing around with the multiverse idea.

But... WB being as weird as they are... who knows what the hell will happen... I suppose the easiest thing to do would be to use the Flash movie to get rid of Affleck and Cavill and bring in Pattinson and a new Superman.

They are in a pickle actually the fanbase is divided. On one side u have Snyder fans and the other you have DC fans. One wants the Snyder verse to continue and the other wants it to die. We will see what happens

Start it all over. Stop polishing a turd. Let the past die. Kill it if you have to. It's the only way for the DC universe to become what it was meant to be.

They are in a pickle actually the fanbase is divided. On one side u have Snyder fans and the other you have DC fans. One wants the Snyder verse to continue and the other wants it to die. We will see what happens

I don’t see the fan base being that divided at all. Most people seem to universally agree that they’d rather see Cavill back in the role than this garbage.

So Snyder fans can’t be Dc fans or vice versa? What type of logic is that? :huh :lol

There are

Snyder fans
DC fans
Snyder and DC fans
DCEU fans
DCEU and Snyder fans
DCEU and DC fans
DCEU, Snyder, and DC fans

I'm a DC fan. Also a Nolanite, but that's neither here nor there. :lol

There are

Snyder fans
DC fans
Snyder and DC fans
DCEU fans
DCEU and Snyder fans
DCEU and DC fans

I'm a DC fan. Also a Nolanite, but that's neither here nor there. :lol

Nope. There is only true DC fans like ironwetz. And then there’s Snyder fanboys. That’s it. :lol

I don?t see the fan base being that divided at all. Most people seem to universally agree that they?d rather see Cavill back in the role than this garbage.

So Snyder fans can?t be Dc fans or vice versa? What type of logic is that? :huh :lol

Did I say that? Before u type shut up and read what I said. You have people who like the Snyder verse who yes, are DC fans and then you have people who don?t like it and want it to die. I ain?t say nothing about Snyder fans not being DC fans so stop all that nonsense talk.

Also I?m talking about the fandom as a whole. As you know the Snyder films aren?t well received by fans or the GA but there is a group of those that like them. So it is divided.

Nope. There is only true DC fans like ironwetz. And then there?s Snyder fanboys. That?s it. :lol

Why yes. There are

Dc fans .

And Snyder fanboys. That?s where u are snoopy.

Dc movie fans

And dc animated universe fans .

Did I say that? Before u type shut up and read what I said. You have people who like the Snyder verse who yes, are DC fans and then you have people who don?t like it and want it to die. I ain?t say nothing about Snyder fans not being DC fans so stop all that nonsense talk.

Also I?m talking about the fandom as a whole. As you know the Snyder films aren?t well received by fans or the GA but there is a group of those that like them. So it is divided.

“Did i say dat!? Wow you cry baby Snyder fan who cries. Only true fans ain’t knowin what’s up! You non sense Snyder fans are toxic people who are so edge! Sound familiar?” :lol

Your post literally said that the fan base is divided, Snyder fans and Dc fans. I asked if you could explain that logic. But I know that’s probably too complicated for you.

Back