New Superman movie coming from JJ Abrams

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://geekositymag.com/michael-b-jordan-eyed-for-jj-abrams-superman-reboot/

I do NOT like Michela B. Jordan. :slap If this is the route they want to take, I really hope it's NOT him.

And if this does have some validity to it, it doesn't even make sense. Cause last I heard, in todays hollywood, only black directors can make movies staring black characters. And Last I looked, JJ does not fit that profile...

Besides, DC already has a black Superman. His name is Icon. Instead of doing a spin on Superman, just make a damn Icon movie!!! :gah:

But, no. Controversy sells and the media needs to make white people look even more racist when they get upset that an iconic hero has become black for no reason other than why not??

JJ isn't necessarily directing, he's just producing. There is no director for now from what I've read. Also, I've never even heard of Icon until you mentioned it, so the general public definitely won't have heard of it and 'Black Superman' sells and it's an easy property to market. I look forward to all of the 'if you don't like it you must be racist' chatter.

My rule with comic book movies is put what I see on the page on the screen. I want Jonny Storm in the movie to look like Jonny Storm in the comic book.
Didn?t care for Constantine because John Constantine is a blonde haired Englishman, not a black haired Keanu Reeves.
It?s not race it?s just accuracy.
Deciding to make Clark Kent into a black man is a bad idea for me. Making a movie about Val Zod or Calvin Ellis, two black comic book characters who assume the Superman mantle in the comics is a great idea.

Barack Obama (let's face it, that who Ellis really is) being Superman is lame. I'd rather have a Steel movie. To me that is a more fitting 'taking the mantle' movie.

JJ isn't necessarily directing, he's just producing. There is no director for now from what I've read. Also, I've never even heard of Icon until you mentioned it, so the general public definitely won't have heard of it and 'Black Superman' sells and it's an easy property to market. I look forward to all of the 'if you don't like it you must be racist' chatter.

Most people never knew who The Guardians Of The Galaxy were either.. We know how that went. At least Marvel takes chances on unknown characters. Captain Marvel, the upcoming Eternals, Shang Chi, Ms Marvel, Iron Heart... Hardly any average moviegoer has any idea who any of these characters are.

DC on the other hand keeps making the same crap but delivers it in a different wrapper. MORE Batman movies!! MORE Superman movies!!

I'd rather see an Icon movie than an alternate universe Superman where the character just happens to be black.. And then imagine if it's a hit!! A lot more merch opportunities than, remember that Calvin Ellis Superman??

:dunno But, what do I know.

Some of you guys need to pick up a comic book.
Val Zod and Calvin Ellis are two different black Superman characters that are well established in the comic books.
This isn?t color blind casting, this is a movie based upon an actual comic book that doesn?t change the race of Superman anymore than the Miles Morales character changes the race of Spider-Man.
It?s a different character. It would be like complaining that a movie is using John Stewart as Green Lantern instead of Hal Jordan. Either one works without contradicting the other because they are both in the comic books.

Someone needs to stop making assumptions. I know about them. Give me a source on that then because the article linked said ?We're hearing that no director is attached as of yet and plot details remain under wraps. Additionally, the search for an actor to play Kal-El / Superman hasn't started yet.

Do you support the racist and hateful comments made by everyone that has ever written or created any media that you have consumed?
Sounds like you?re into cancel culture, I?m not. If he is making Superman into a hateful racist I probably don?t want to see that, beyond that, what do I care what this guy has ever said in life? What does it have to do with the Superman movie?

I didn?t realize everyone said 9/11 responders were menaces of nature. Care to link me a few dozen people saying it? You didn?t answer the question :lol

Someone needs to stop making assumptions. I know about them. Give me a source on that then because the article linked said ?We're hearing that no director is attached as of yet and plot details remain under wraps. Additionally, the search for an actor to play Kal-El / Superman hasn't started yet.

I didn?t realize everyone said 9/11 responders were menaces of nature. Care to link me a few dozen people saying it? You didn?t answer the question :lol

If you knew about them then why are you assuming that the movie may not be about them? I know why, because you didn?t.
I?m sorry, did I start working for you without realizing it? If I didn?t answer the question it?s because I didn?t feel like answering it. I don?t owe you anything.
Who said everyone said whatever that thing about 9/11 was? I don?t know of anyone having said it, never heard of it, I didn?t bring it up so how in the world can I link you sources for a dozen people saying something that I?ve never heard of anyone saying? Are you okay?

I for one approved of Abrams' handling of Trek and Wars (even though the ST could have benefited from more prior planning).

But I'm also a Synder fan and am sad to see his universe finally put to bed.

Most people never knew who The Guardians Of The Galaxy were either.. We know how that went. At least Marvel takes chances on unknown characters. Captain Marvel, the upcoming Eternals, Shang Chi, Ms Marvel, Iron Heart... Hardly any average moviegoer has any idea who any of these characters are.

DC on the other hand keeps making the same crap but delivers it in a different wrapper. MORE Batman movies!! MORE Superman movies!!

I'd rather see an Icon movie than an alternate universe Superman where the character just happens to be black.. And then imagine if it's a hit!! A lot more merch opportunities than, remember that Calvin Ellis Superman??

:dunno But, what do I know.

If DC was smart they?d make a .... I don?t know. Static shock movie. I mean. Come on. Like let?s be real. It?s a no brainer . The cartoon was successful and he?s really popular. Huge missed opportunity. But DC really just doesn?t care about it?s characters as I keep saying .

Not really funny at all. Coates is one of the best writers out there right now. His comics stuff is good too. Some of the best Black Panther and Captain America titles in recent years. And no, his Captain America wasn?t black, just regular old Captain America.

His "Captain America" (note the air quotes) run was a disgrace to the character just like the "HYDRA" storyline that preceded it. Hell I'd even take the Liefeld abomination over the Coates version. Enjoy having an openly woke racist who hates your character play with Superman DC fans. :wave

Now I don't feel so bad about Coates writing some (non)fan-fiction Cap stories. At least he wasn't writing the character for the big screen. Yikes, I feel for you guys.

People all over the Internet and social media are pissed, and rightfully so. WB does the exact opposite of what fans have been asking for. Is it really that hard to give Cavill his own Superman movie?

I really dont understand what they are planning at WB I thought super girl was being brought in to replace superman, but after today no I am completely confused.

And this "multiverse " they keep taking about it's a gimmick even in the comic books a chance for the writers to try some what if scenarios which make for some great stories but they are never the main story .

I think it's a bad idea even in spiderman if the rumors are to belived. Cartoons and comics is one thing movie is another thing entirely.
I am getting flash backs of superman returns were the moment they announced lex Luthor to be the villian I wa disappointed.

Well we can thanks the "fans" for this they hated man of steel and BvS and kicked the director of to make JL more like marvel . Well guess what you got your wish they are doing a multiverse superman just like marvels multiverse spiderman . Enjoy mother #*#*$,

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not really funny at all.
You're right. It's more sad, than anything.
Coates is one of the best writers out there right now.
Maybe if your only frame of reference is cape****.
His comics stuff is good too.
Some of the best Black Panther and Captain America titles in recent years.
The only people who have written Black Panther's solos in the las 20 years have been Priest, Hudlin and that guy who did Panther Daredevil. So you already don't have a high bar to pass, since he's going up again Hudlin. Hudlin. But are you really going to stand here and tell me his run rivals Priest? Really? As for Cap, no, his run has been a decompressed slog where Cap barely does anything and has to be saved by the All-Female Squad, and the real MCs are the Carters. Cap's last good modern run was Brubaker's, which is why the MCU is still using that as a blueprint. The sad truth is, even Remender's weird Sci-Fi run was better than Coates. His is just... bad. An awful pacing, amateur attempts at subtlety and a story that's going nowhere. Or maybe it has. I don't know, I stopped keeping up a while ago. But it's still bottom of the barrel cape****. Just like all his work.
And no, his Captain America wasn?t black, just regular old Captain America.
Never said he was. My post was about his Panther. His Superman will be a reimagining, and they're most certainly going to cast a black Superman, so it's just making logical assumptions. Assumptions still, but if speculation wasn't allowed, then this entire board might as well pack it up and go home.

You're not wrong. The dude is incapable of writing through anything, but a racism lense.

You all hated Superman who is an outsider on earth. Get ready for Superman that's conflicted by having to save the racist world.:rotfl
No, you see, saying that a National tragedy leaves you indifferent is actually A-OK if you're as BLAK as Coates. He's not just black, he's BLAK.

301a2ae17293c1446b5114431f95df1a.gif

I remember when Val-Zod was introduced, because I was pulling Earth-2 at the time. He started off as a nerdy kid with a medium build. By the end he was noticeably darker, more jacked and imposing, and also instead of a nerdy kid he did a 180 and became a confident Chad. And it's canon that he gave Power Girl a particular fetish, and that's why she ****ed Mr. Terrific. No, I'm not making this up. Just throwing it out there... Calvin Ellis is meh to me. Yes, it's Super Obama, we get it. As for Icon, it's basically a shapeshifter alien masquerading as a black guy who's also a Conservative, so I don't think the crowd all those companies are aiming for would be into that. I never read any other Milestone past that engineer(?) guy who worked in some tech-companyor something. Hardware or whatever. I don't remember anything.

Anyway, to anyone saying "just use the other characters", you're missing the point. It's not about using just any other character, it's about reworking Superman. It's about Superman, specifically, being black. That's the point. Which is why when "diversity" gets thrown around, you never really see anyone getting racebent into a Latino or MENA or Asian or whatever. They don't want to do a Superman-esque black character, they want to do a black Superman. And you know what, I'm past caring. Let them chase the new fad. Let it all burn. Most franchises have anyhow. Let them crash and go the way of Pulps.

Since you asked...

I bought his Black Panther for an entire year. He's an even worse Bendis, pacing wise. His "bright idea" that he was building on was taking Hickman's Wakandan Space Program and revealing that Wakandans did some Time Shenanigans and created a Multi-Galaxy Space Empire. No, not a single galaxy one. Star Wars? Mass Effect? WH40K? Those chumps can't rule one (1) galaxy, but the Wakangzdans rule multiple ones, and have been doing so for who knows how long, and they're the biggest and the best across the universe. This storyline has still, I repeat, STILL, not concluded. But, fear not, the BLAKNESS of the BLAK Panther has united all the BLAKS across the world. Voodoo, Spider-Morales, Luke Cage, whatever, if you're in Marvel and you're BLAK, you're TIGHT with all the BLAKS! Even to the point I read, that was all he did. Pace slower than a snail and no depth beyond using "big boy" words, that yes, are above Big 2 mass-produced cape**** crowd standards, but still. Even if you were a black kid reading it because you wanted to self insert as the cool King the book wasn't for you. The Dora Lesbians hogged the spotlight and were fighting to bring Democracy to the people. Now, how the incredibly xenophobic and obviously superior Wakangzdans developed an interest in the system, and even used the term, beats me. Or how they worship Egyptian gods. But whatever. Point is, the MC was barely the MC. Oh, and let's not forget the white villains whose only characteristic is that they're explicitly white villains who do white villain tings, because they're white* villains. He's like an even worse Hudlin. Who, for example, felt the need to have Luke Cage randomly yell "I BLACKED BLACK CAT IN THIS COUCH" in the middle of a fight in his book. And let's not set aside Vatican Black Knight sent by the evil white Pope to **** up Wakangzda because Wakangzda is so great that it makes whites seethe so much they... somehow instigate a Crusade. Somehow... Damn, I sure am jealous of the great and mangificent and totally real Wakangzda. Grrrrr Hudlin, you hit me right in the seether!

Anyway, in Coates run, they, and by they I mean all prominent BLAK heroes (and some villains), literally, for some reason, show up to honour some peson they never knew because BLAKNESS.

EUzi14Qr8oT2GoNgOjXMuqdgPpuhKvyG5kTEcQYfAD1LOYUsQB  FpF9m2oW26lEFDYEYQt9bNos6OQWQmoQw2nyBC0o4R4uLGGMFn  3C6ulJNa5JlTHldOtvzy2A0n5kLTLobZlYS3xQ=s0

Apart from that, he's pretty much a Hotep and called the firefighters of 9/11 a "menace". He basically condemned them, and the entirety of 9/11 and how people reacted, because BLAKNESS. His BLAKNESS is so BLAK, that he cannot grieve for any other catastrophe because BLAKNESS. For those that don't believe me, the book is "Between The World And Me" and the passage in question is on the first few pages of Chapter II. I hope the pic I'm linking is visible:

9-11.png

My guess? Krypton will be a BLAK Empire, Zod will be an evil white guy trying to usurp the Els, the movie will move at a glacial pace, and it'll be more of a BLAK movie than a Superman movie. But then again, who knows? And I don't much care, so... I pity the Superfans though. I really do. You have some rough years ahead of you...

If DC actually wants a black super hero movie, how about they actually promote one of their many beloved black super heroes.... like Cyborg, John Stewart, Mr. Terrific, Steel, Static Shock, Simon Baz, Duke Thomas, Wally West, Lucas Fox, Tim Fox... or better yet create a new character.

I would actually go to see one of those. But not this movie.
Baz is Middle Eastern, not black. And Duke and Tim Fox suck worse than Bluebird/Harper Row/Whatever.

Wtf, how did you find this homemade video of Coates' masturbation session?!

I used to watch a show called NYPD Blue and always thought this guy should have been STEEL or a black superman....if they wanted to get "creative."

But Michael B Jordan as Superman? That's just awful because he doesn't have the chiseled face or likability, which is why he's so good as a villain in BP.

Back