New Superman movie coming from JJ Abrams

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ta-Nehisi Coates is writing, huh?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Superfans better prepare...

I myself will not be going unless Superman is transgendered and goes by the pronouns Superthey or Superthem.

They? Them? I'm offended. SuperIT would be the best choice.

So isn't Gadot, Momoa and Miller tainted as well? Seems like they are fine going ahead with them.

Well, AM and WW were big hits or got good reviews, like Shazam.

What do you know about this black man with an Asian sounding name? :lol

Since you asked...

I bought his Black Panther for an entire year. He's an even worse Bendis, pacing wise. His "bright idea" that he was building on was taking Hickman's Wakandan Space Program and revealing that Wakandans did some Time Shenanigans and created a Multi-Galaxy Space Empire. No, not a single galaxy one. Star Wars? Mass Effect? WH40K? Those chumps can't rule one (1) galaxy, but the Wakangzdans rule multiple ones, and have been doing so for who knows how long, and they're the biggest and the best across the universe. This storyline has still, I repeat, STILL, not concluded. But, fear not, the BLAKNESS of the BLAK Panther has united all the BLAKS across the world. Voodoo, Spider-Morales, Luke Cage, whatever, if you're in Marvel and you're BLAK, you're TIGHT with all the BLAKS! Even to the point I read, that was all he did. Pace slower than a snail and no depth beyond using "big boy" words, that yes, are above Big 2 mass-produced cape**** crowd standards, but still. Even if you were a black kid reading it because you wanted to self insert as the cool King the book wasn't for you. The Dora Lesbians hogged the spotlight and were fighting to bring Democracy to the people. Now, how the incredibly xenophobic and obviously superior Wakangzdans developed an interest in the system, and even used the term, beats me. Or how they worship Egyptian gods. But whatever. Point is, the MC was barely the MC. Oh, and let's not forget the white villains whose only characteristic is that they're explicitly white villains who do white villain tings, because they're white* villains. He's like an even worse Hudlin. Who, for example, felt the need to have Luke Cage randomly yell "I BLACKED BLACK CAT IN THIS COUCH" in the middle of a fight in his book. And let's not set aside Vatican Black Knight sent by the evil white Pope to **** up Wakangzda because Wakangzda is so great that it makes whites seethe so much they... somehow instigate a Crusade. Somehow... Damn, I sure am jealous of the great and mangificent and totally real Wakangzda. Grrrrr Hudlin, you hit me right in the seether!

Anyway, in Coates run, they, and by they I mean all prominent BLAK heroes (and some villains), literally, for some reason, show up to honour some peson they never knew because BLAKNESS.

EUzi14Qr8oT2GoNgOjXMuqdgPpuhKvyG5kTEcQYfAD1LOYUsQBFpF9m2oW26lEFDYEYQt9bNos6OQWQmoQw2nyBC0o4R4uLGGMFn3C6ulJNa5JlTHldOtvzy2A0n5kLTLobZlYS3xQ=s0

Apart from that, he's pretty much a Hotep and called the firefighters of 9/11 a "menace". He basically condemned them, and the entirety of 9/11 and how people reacted, because BLAKNESS. His BLAKNESS is so BLAK, that he cannot grieve for any other catastrophe because BLAKNESS. For those that don't believe me, the book is "Between The World And Me" and the passage in question is on the first few pages of Chapter II. I hope the pic I'm linking is visible:

9-11.png

My guess? Krypton will be a BLAK Empire, Zod will be an evil white guy trying to usurp the Els, the movie will move at a glacial pace, and it'll be more of a BLAK movie than a Superman movie. But then again, who knows? And I don't much care, so... I pity the Superfans though. I really do. You have some rough years ahead of you...

It doesn't matter if they recast him. There are no superman stories left to do unless it is JL movie level event darkside, brainiac I dont think they can do clone superman storyline since they already wasted it in JL.

So whatever they do it will be totally different this superman might not Clark Kent. It will be something else set in a different time.

Normally I would not give a crap but because we got robbed of a proper man of steel 2 . I feel like I was cheated out of something or a shared universe this multiverse even in the comic world is a side story and that they do for a few months and reboot . Xmen Apocalypse or house of M , what if comics or else world comics they were never the main storyline.

It worked for Sony in the spiderverse but that is animation and not a movie and not in an established movie universe.

They just need to commit either the old DCEU or a complete reboot this make it up as you go along approach and half here and half there is confusing and does not build to anything. Its ridiculous that marvel can put out upcoming movies and show us were they are going and tv shows and dc is no were near that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ta-Nehisi Coates is writing, huh?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Superfans better prepare...

Not really funny at all. Coates is one of the best writers out there right now. His comics stuff is good too. Some of the best Black Panther and Captain America titles in recent years. And no, his Captain America wasn?t black, just regular old Captain America.

It's almost like WB is actively trying to fail with their DC universe at this point.

They found the perfect actor to play superman and stuck him in a few average to poor films without ever really giving him a chance to show what he could do in a solo, non origin story.

So much potential wasted.

Grant Morrison wrote a different black Superman a while ago and there is an Earth 2 Superman who is black too. None of these characters are a reboot of Clark Kent, just different Kryptonians who took on the mantle and coexisted with the real Superman.
It will be worth how many hundreds of millions WB spends on this movie just to watch butt hurt alt right incels literally give themselves aneurysms with each detail about this movie that is released.
Think about how much money Black Panther made, just because it was a black superhero. Black movie goers will make this an even bigger hit and they will be making sequels for decades.
I?m rooting for this movie if for no other reason than the rage that it will inspire from some really sad people.

"I could see no difference between the officers who killed Prince Jones and the police who died, or the firefighters who died. They were not human to me. Black, White, or whatever, they were the menaces of nature..." -Coates on First Responders on 9/11.

Oh yeah Supes is gunna be very inspiring. :rotfl

Oh boy...
Abrams makes entertaining movies, but not much else. No Cavill sucks. And I've no idea who the writer is.
So... barely interested.

If DC actually wants a black super hero movie, how about they actually promote one of their many beloved black super heroes.... like Cyborg, John Stewart, Mr. Terrific, Steel, Static Shock, Simon Baz, Duke Thomas, Wally West, Lucas Fox, Tim Fox... or better yet create a new character.

I would actually go to see one of those. But not this movie.

https://geekositymag.com/michael-b-jordan-eyed-for-jj-abrams-superman-reboot/

I do NOT like Michela B. Jordan. :slap If this is the route they want to take, I really hope it's NOT him.

And if this does have some validity to it, it doesn't even make sense. Cause last I heard, in todays hollywood, only black directors can make movies staring black characters. And Last I looked, JJ does not fit that profile...

Besides, DC already has a black Superman. His name is Icon. Instead of doing a spin on Superman, just make a damn Icon movie!!! :gah:

But, no. Controversy sells and the media needs to make white people look even more racist when they get upset that an iconic hero has become black for no reason other than why not??

Grant Morrison wrote a different black Superman a while ago and there is an Earth 2 Superman who is black too. None of these characters are a reboot of Clark Kent, just different Kryptonians who took on the mantle and coexisted with the real Superman.
It will be worth how many hundreds of millions WB spends on this movie just to watch butt hurt alt right incels literally give themselves aneurysms with each detail about this movie that is released.
Think about how much money Black Panther made, just because it was a black superhero. Black movie goers will make this an even bigger hit and they will be making sequels for decades.
I?m rooting for this movie if for no other reason than the rage that it will inspire from some really sad people.

Do you support his publicly made racist and hateful comments?

If DC actually wants a black super hero movie, how about they actually promote one of their many beloved black super heroes.... like Cyborg, John Stewart, Mr. Terrific, Steel, Static Shock, Simon Baz, Duke Thomas, Wally West, Lucas Fox, Tim Fox... or better yet create a new character.

I would actually go to see one of those. But not this movie.

Some of you guys need to pick up a comic book.
Val Zod and Calvin Ellis are two different black Superman characters that are well established in the comic books.
This isn?t color blind casting, this is a movie based upon an actual comic book that doesn?t change the race of Superman anymore than the Miles Morales character changes the race of Spider-Man.
It?s a different character. It would be like complaining that a movie is using John Stewart as Green Lantern instead of Hal Jordan. Either one works without contradicting the other because they are both in the comic books.

Do you support his publicly made racist and hateful comments?

Do you support the racist and hateful comments made by everyone that has ever written or created any media that you have consumed?
Sounds like you?re into cancel culture, I?m not. If he is making Superman into a hateful racist I probably don?t want to see that, beyond that, what do I care what this guy has ever said in life? What does it have to do with the Superman movie?

Back