new super slim ps3 coming out

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelo07stang

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/05/recent-fcc-filing-may-reveal-super-slim-ps3 My fat 80 gig died during the last system update yellow to blinking red light sony wants 189 to fix it so ijust took the harddrive out and threw the system away cause it was now useless. I was going to just wait for ps4 but I think I might pick up this new super slim ps3 cause it will prob be cheaper prise wise and even smaller. Plus 2012 and 2013 there are so many ps3 exclusives coming out.

I hope its all Glossy goodness like the original fatty PS3, it was the one thing missing from the slim. that and an off switch...

just took the harddrive out and threw the system away cause it was now useless.

Doesn't that make your hard drive useless?? As soon as you plug it into your new PS3, it will re-format.

I'll wait fo the PS3 nano

zoolander_tiny_phone.jpg

This would be brilliant for people who still dont have a PS3.

If sony reduce the price again to £130 for 20gig to £160 with a 40gig harddrive, especially october/november onwards im sure christmas would make them sell like hotcakes, especially at those prices and coming to the end of the cycle, sony is finally in profit, so lower the price and just shift unit after unit after unit now.

There's a newer super slim one now? Still got my fat 80GB one luckily.

Nice. **Knocks on Wood** My 60gb is still kicking, and I have my Slim out in the living room.

My 80 GB is still going strong, since Dec 2007! :lecture

I don't think luck has anything to do with it. Just keep your PS3s in a well ventilated area, and everything should be fine. From what I've read, YLOD is primarily caused by the GPU being overheated, and the soldered parts around it breaking and becoming loose. But, of course, some of the consoles seem to be more resilient than others.

My fat PS3 just died but I have no complaints its been non stop bad ass 24 hour gaming since 2007. No wonder it died I'm surprised I didn't.

This is coming out just in time for me.

:lol Oh anorexic PS3, why were you even concieved? Are people honestly that fussy that there's demand for this, after sony already slimed down the console!?
Come on Sony, it's PS4 we want. Get your butt in gear.
Don't go the way of Nintendo, with their new pointless DS that doesn't even address the issue of the single analogue. :cuckoo:

My original first beast model ps3 still going strong.

However I'm on my 3rd Crapbox. :lol

I think I'm the only man on the planet who's experienced opposite world in this generation of consoles. My original midnight launch 360 finally died last year. In that time frame I had three ps3s die of the yellow light of death.

edit: I forgot to mention that all the ps3s I've had problems with were the 2nd batch. My original 60gb is the only one that's made it through.

There's a newer super slim one now? Still got my fat 80GB one luckily.

Yeah I still have my launch fat PS3. Wonder what this one wont do. They lost backwards compatibility a long time ago. What, this one won't play Blu-Rays now? Wouldn't surprise me as they seem to go backwards in features by taking them away instead of adding them.

I don't have a ps3 but I have an xbox 360 and I have to say the last thing I want is a next gen console. People really want next gen? for what? How could you possibly make video games any better than what we have today? I'd rather get this slim ps3 before a ps4, but I don't have a ps3 yet, but there's a few games I'd love to play on it.

Last edited:
Doesn't that make your hard drive useless?? As soon as you plug it into your new PS3, it will re-format.

Ill basically be starting over from scratch there was no way for me to save my info and stuff I just took the hardrive out as a saftey procaution.

Back