Premium Format New Stormtrooper Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many of the non-exclusive do they think they're going to sell? You basically get a Han Solo portrait for 15 bucks. And if you miss out on the exclusive, $535 for another Stormtrooper PF seems silly. I am personally excited to finally get an updated ANH Han Solo and the Stormtrooper disguise was always my favorite as a kid. I do think it's funny that they have gone from non-critical exclusives like Maul's single blade saber to this... :)

How many of the non-exclusive do they think they're going to sell? You basically get a Han Solo portrait for 15 bucks. And if you miss out on the exclusive, $535 for another Stormtrooper PF seems silly. I am personally excited to finally get an updated ANH Han Solo and the Stormtrooper disguise was always my favorite as a kid. I do think it's funny that they have gone from non-critical exclusives like Maul's single blade saber to this... :)

Not everyone buys direct from Sideshow, for a lot collectors outside the US (yes, they exist) its not an option.

I actually think the in-hand production piece is better than the prototype in the case of Rey. I also think that photos don't do it justice. But, agree it is a matter of opinion...

I completely agree, I think she turned out exceptionally well and far better in person than in pictures.

With all the errors, it is not worth the money..

however the EX is probably one of their best yet and very inventive of them so hats off to them. I have a few day 1 preorders left that SSC can do and a stormie with all these errors is not one of them, definitely see myself picking it up down the line though but not for that ridiculous starting price

Before everyone gets to excited about the Harrison Ford portrait, just keep in mind what SS did to Godot's portrait on her PF. I'm not sure I would be willing to pre-order this until I see some production pictures. Plus throw in the fact the armor looks pretty bad.

Before everyone gets to excited about the Harrison Ford portrait, just keep in mind what SS did to Godot's portrait on her PF. I'm not sure I would be willing to pre-order this until I see some production pictures. Plus throw in the fact the armor looks pretty bad.

Look what they did with rey that turned out fantastic, i have the feeling that no matter wat SS does its never going to be good enough.

The exclusive does suck for non-US collectors as it sounds like shipping from Sideshow is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I paid 70 for Rey for bb8 the shipping is ridiculous. So about 70 would be ok considering its from the us to europe expres.
Sent from my iPho

The statue's bicep armor is too short, the armor around the neck is too wide open (looks like a gym undershirt), the shoulder bells should have a bit more meat on laterals. The armor also looks odd on legs with a lot of gaps. I don't care about the EX, it would sit in a box anyway. But if they don't fix the armor, no way I'm buying this.

BTW DynamicMenace made a photo comparison showing some things that could be improved:

26758031_1765166567112871_4425101461952687044_o.jpg

stormlukehan.jpg

Stormtroopers14.jpg

I love the ex, kudos to SSC for coming up with that. The portrait looks good as well although I would wait on production pieces for final judgement. But yeah the gaps in the armor looks terrible, so terrible it looks like a cheap Halloween costume. No go for me despite the cool ex.

The portrait is a great idea and an amazing likeness to Harrison Ford, maybe the best I've seen to date but yeah, still no sale with that armor the way it is. Is Sideshow taking their reference from the actual films or are they going by Halloween and cosplay outfits?

They made me head of one of these companies I would have someone to on these forums and he would report to me when collectors are complaining about something like this. I would look it over and would say to my employees do something about this. Sure would cost us some money but would give us more sales. So would make more money.

I just dont get it how they dont see the gaps.. dont they use reference pictures? Im not picky but c'mon SSC...

When I use to pay $250.00, $350.00, $450.00 for a 1/4 I could just ignore stuff like this, but not at $550.00

Back