Premium Format New Stormtrooper Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1-horz.jpg

How come you can find pictures of how the armor should look, yet the Sideshow sculptors cannot??? Makes no sense! I'd love to know what research they do, or where they draw their inspiration from. Do they just go by memory of more or less what it's supposed to look like. I'm a big SW fan but I'm no expert when it comes to the intricacies in armored characters costume differences across films. This Stormtrooper armor stuck out like a sore thumb the minute I saw it and was a total deal breaker for me. I hope they adequately fix it, but I'm not holding my breath.

How come you can find pictures of how the armor should look, yet the Sideshow sculptors cannot??? Makes no sense! I'd love to know what research they do, or where they draw their inspiration from. Do they just go by memory of more or less what it's supposed to look like. I'm a big SW fan but I'm no expert when it comes to the intricacies in armored characters costume differences across films. This Stormtrooper armor stuck out like a sore thumb the minute I saw it and was a total deal breaker for me. I hope they adequately fix it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really need a 100% accurate statue or figure, it will never happen. But when there is such a blatant difference from the armors we see on screen and what we get in a figure or statue, it becomes more than weird, because this speaks of lack of interest for any accuracy from the producing companies. And they cannot say to us companies cannot make accurate armors because we've seen others like Marmit and Gentle Giant do it - so it is possible, but no interest. Guess this is also because some collectors are going to buy anything a company throws at them, no matter what - heck even I'm guilty of buying the old Stormtrooper PF statue LOL. I just wish some of these companies would look a bit further than just making a fast buck on consumer's behalf

Don't get me wrong, I don't really need a 100% accurate statue or figure, it will never happen. But when there is such a blatant difference from the armors we see on screen and what we get in a figure or statue, it becomes more than weird, because this speaks of lack of interest for any accuracy from the producing companies.

Exactly. Like I said before, I'm no expert, so if something stands out to my eye then it most likely is an egregious error. These things say to me that no care was given and not enough effort was made to give us something worth the crazy amount of money they charge these days. No sale for me unless this gets fixed properly.

I don’t have the Bespin Han portrait handy, but from what I remember this one has the same sort of ugly, pig-nosed look that that one had.

Nobody seems to be able to make a really great looking Ford likeness.

Well, at least they're consistent in something.

Its like they try to do it from multiple people's memory.

Or they use multiple different references. For example, I was looking at the trooper playing Battlefront2, and the Scout Trooper looks to have more spaced out armor / more gaps. It it like some of the armor is fro ma Scouttrooper on a Stormie :S

Or they just pull in the first cosplayer they see.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really need a 100% accurate statue or figure, it will never happen. But when there is such a blatant difference from the armors we see on screen and what we get in a figure or statue, it becomes more than weird, because this speaks of lack of interest for any accuracy from the producing companies. And they cannot say to us companies cannot make accurate armors because we've seen others like Marmit and Gentle Giant do it - so it is possible, but no interest. Guess this is also because some collectors are going to buy anything a company throws at them, no matter what - heck even I'm guilty of buying the old Stormtrooper PF statue LOL. I just wish some of these companies would look a bit further than just making a fast buck on consumer's behalf

Yeah.. This is just too "off"..

Pass for me.

Love the EX head but man they messed up the armor

The overall armor is horrid, no doubt - but I can't believe people aren't talking about the back shot (below)...

Truly, WTF???? It looks like an adult is wearing a kids costume. :slap

After all these years I've come to the conclusion that Sideshow are the most arrogant collectibles manufacturer in the world. How they can continually ****-up the obvious, is totally bewildering.

Well, at least they're consistent in something.

:lol

Trust me, we ask this all the time. Again, especially in the terms and preds.. :/

That is all kinds of sad. I've seen the Terminator threads, since I'm interested in Endos as well. :(

I guess the 1/4 HT is never coming out.

Too bad we get this joke of a Stormtrooper instead. At least the ES is nice, you can display the Han head on a shelf separately.

The overall armor is horrid, no doubt - but I can't believe people aren't talking about the back shot (below)...

Truly, WTF???? It looks like an adult is wearing a kids costume. :slap

After all these years I've come to the conclusion that Sideshow are the most arrogant collectibles manufacturer in the world. How they can continually ****-up the obvious, is totally bewildering.

Tiny front AND back armor looking like a ladies tank top, small bicep armor, small shoulder bell, small legs armor, helmet is not much better than the previous one. SSC really knows how to sculpt some figures. :/ Shrinkage and inaccuracy at its best

shr_2.jpg

Holy crap, that looks ridiculous! Even more disappointed. Don’t think I can buy this anymore, been waiting so long to get a Stormtrooper PF, since their last failure. It’s like their not allowed to make an accurate TK for some reason.

I love this figure and can't wait to own it. I like that the Han sculpt seems to capture him right as he's about to tell Chewie "get behind me, get behind me!"

I love this figure and can't wait to own it. I like that the Han sculpt seems to capture him right as he's about to tell Chewie "get behind me, get behind me!"

Same here. I definitely see the issue with the armor, but not enough to dissuade me from purchasing. This will look great next to my Chewie PF...

jeez, total failure IMO. love the EX, very cool surprise by SS, but unless they can fix this mess it's a pass...

Back