Premium Format New Stormtrooper Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what's the best 1/4 scale OT stormtrooper currently available? This is directed primarily at people who have the various options in-hand.

I owned the original one for years before selling it and I briefly owned the new one until I had to return it to Sideshow for various reasons (see above). I liked the new one better personally. More dynamic pose and just a less stiff look overall.

there are only 2 options in 1/4 scale that I am aware of.

the new one has a much better pose. The old one is better in every other way. I say go for whichever you find for really cheap.

there are only 2 options in 1/4 scale that I am aware of.

the new one has a much better pose. The old one is better in every other way. I say go for whichever you find for really cheap.

:exactly: ^This. Neither Stormtrooper PF is good enough. In fact no Sideshow OT trooper is good enough, neither in pose nor accuracy. But that is another story. Back on the Stormie PF's: the first one has a long faced helmet, and a weird pose with short right leg. You also need to be careful not to get a yellow one. The second PF looks like he is wearing a ladies tank top, but the pose is better. Out of these two mediocre sculpts personally I'd go with the first version.

I need HT to make a 1/4 Snowtrooper figure too.

Pretty sure everyone with the Iron Studios Vader would get at least one. If so, Hot Toys would do well to make a base that is at the same height and theme as the IS base.

I need HT to make a 1/4 Snowtrooper figure too.

Pretty sure everyone with the Iron Studios Vader would get at least one. If so, Hot Toys would do well to make a base that is at the same height and theme as the IS base.

I would most likely buy a 1/4 Snowtrooper from HT, the Sideshow PF is a joke.

So what's the best 1/4 scale OT stormtrooper currently available? This is directed primarily at people who have the various options in-hand.

I have both.. If I could only have one I would choose the original. I prefer the white of the armor as it is whiter and shinier.

New one has the issues with the armor being too small and is a bit more dull compared to the first one but has a more accurate Helmet.

Anyways like I said... I like the original better.

I would most likely buy a 1/4 Snowtrooper from HT, the Sideshow PF is a joke.

I've always liked my Sideshow PF Snowtrooper. Just curious, what do you think is so bad about it? Also, funny that I have the IS Vader and don't have them anywhere near each other on my shelves. Feel like I need to resolve that TODAY! :)

I've always liked my Sideshow PF Snowtrooper. Just curious, what do you think is so bad about it? Also, funny that I have the IS Vader and don't have them anywhere near each other on my shelves. Feel like I need to resolve that TODAY! :)

I agree, I love the Snowtrooper PF. Awesome statue!

I actually don't hate this one.

The armor is white and sleek, the helmet rocks and the pose is far superior to the first one.

The main problem with it is all the black underneath the armor is shows. Not sure why they made the armor small.

The Snowtrooper PF is skinny and the leaning pose is so weird. Compare its pose to the old Kotobukiya Snowtrooper, which is so natural and you'll realize that is not all right.

FYI for anyone who has this - pay attention to the eye lenses of the helmet. I had the left lens pop off when I first attached the head on Christmas Eve and I found the right one on the carpet yesterday. Easy fix, but even easier to lose if you're not paying attention - especially since it's painted black behind the the green lenses and you might not even notice it's gone. Just another thing you shouldn't have to worry about on a $500 statue.:dunno

Last edited:
Back