Premium Format New Stormtrooper Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't planning on getting this, as I've got the first one. Then I saw the exclusive. Damn it!

Ditto. I'm not super picky, so the first Stormtrooper PF checked my necessary boxes, but this Han Solo is my favorite! It was the Kenner Power of the Force II Han in Stormy disguise that got me back into collecting many years ago...

The exclusive does suck for non-US collectors as it sounds like shipping from Sideshow is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True - I paid $128.20 for my Jean Grey Phoenix. But now Sideshow use DHL and no longer FedEx and for some unknown reason DHL only charged me a very small importtax. No VAT. Despite 40% extra in shipping I ended up saving 20% compared to what I would have paid if FedEx had delivered. Or if DHL had charged me the correct tax/VAT.

And as an extra bonus the $ is very cheap now, on the exchange rate I save 10% compared to 1 - 2 years ago.

There a Luke PF in stormtrooper armor out there?
There a Chewie with cuffs PF?

What other pieces does this go with, as in the Han version that is?

The statue's bicep armor is too short, the armor around the neck is too wide open (looks like a gym undershirt), the shoulder bells should have a bit more meat on laterals. The armor also looks odd on legs with a lot of gaps. I don't care about the EX, it would sit in a box anyway. But if they don't fix the armor, no way I'm buying this.

BTW DynamicMenace made a photo comparison showing some things that could be improved:

26758031_1765166567112871_4425101461952687044_o.jpg

I would buy the one on the right in a second.

Best Ex ever??? Maybe.

The Han likeness here is surprisingly quite good. Many times better than the bespin PF. Of course we will have to wait to see if they sideshow the production sculpt. Too bad about the armor.

so they put a PO up with a han head but no info on the fixes for the armor? No thanks especially with that NRD.

Damn!
Wasn't expecting that!!!
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/the-stormtrooper-premium-format-figure-approaches/

The Exclusive edition of the Stormtrooper Premium Format™ Figure includes an alternate realistic portrait of the dashing smuggler Han Solo. Swap the Stormtrooper helmet for Han Solo’s portrait to recreate an iconic moment from Episode IV and prove that everything’s under control in your collection. Situation normal.​
3005261_press01.jpg

3005261_press04.jpg

His armor shrunk in the garbage shoot... of course that was after this shot so not sure what else to say?

Back