New SSC Website Design

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, there's a whole section called "What's in the Box" that lists everything he comes with - down by the big single picture.

If you guys don't like the new Sideshow site then you are going to HATE the new Freaks design. Better get the pitchforks and torches out now.

I see I see a lot of blue color in the new freaks design, right? :wink1:

I'm extremely disappointed by the loss of the product archive. The archive is an invaluable resource for all Sideshow collectors.

Please bring back the archive ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the new site. I think the layout is nice and clean and everything is surprisingly easy to find for me. I really like how the individual product pages are laid out. Very nice.

I do have a couple of criticisms.

One, the drop down menu should include a way to jump straight to the 1:6 section, or statue, etc., of whatever character you want to see. As they have it now, you choose your line, then once you're on that page you can narrow it down to the character format. It's not terrible, and it seems to work smoothly, but I liked how in the old drop down menus you could choose the character format. This is a minor point for me.

And two, I'll reiterate what everyone's been saying: you can't see the archived products and it seems like they did away with the wait lists. This is major.

I'm extremely disappointed by the loss of the product archive. The archive is an invaluable resource for all Sideshow collectors.

Please bring back the archive ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here's a collector resource.

https://www.collectionstash.com/collectibles/search/listlist?&m=1&o=a

also....

if you do a google search and enter:

sideshowtoy.com product name

you'll find the page of the item most of the time. i was looking for the hot toys iron man pages and they don't have one for the MIII regular version but you can find most.

I think the new layout is Sharp and very nice. Like it. Very easy to find my way around and is a fresh new page to look at.

I wish there was a way to "VIEW ALL" like before, instead of having to constantly click the "SHOW MORE" button at the bottom. I didn't mind the old layout where the pictures weren't so big since I could look through the page/figures a lot faster.

And yes, the waitlists are missing. Having a waitlist was one of the best things about ordering from SSC and I'm sad that they're gone.

Where is the size comparison, where you can see the item against the different scale silhouettes?????

So far it looks like they have gotten rid of the product archive, 360 degree views, and product preview pages from what I've seen. Anyone else notice anything else missing or different?

Everyone one of these is essential in my opinion. You can somewhat trick the system and google an archived product to bring it up on SS's website but the original price has been removed which is somewhat frustrating. Like we all know premium formats used to be 250 and now they cost 360 so can we have the product archive section back now?

The overall look of the website is great but call me old fashioned I didn't have any issues with the old website. The catalog pictures disappear if you don't hit the next button arrow perfectly which is slightly annoying. Oh sideshow.... If its not broken don't fix it

Really wish we still had the archives! Whenever I search up something using google like Premium Format Green Goblin, it'll give me a product page... but nothing at all about the original price or edition size! Two very important details!

The new site is an absolute nightmare to navigate through. Although it looks great, trying to find anything is way too hard.

I used to like being able to use the drop down menu to find all premium format figures. I HATE the show more button.

That is my rant, won't go anywhere but I feel ALOT better

noticed that the TIME in which the order was placed is now absent. i guess we won't know if our waitlist reservation is coming up for conversion except by the date only.

Hi All!

There is now an archive search for those looking to find older products. It can be found in the footer of the Sideshow site or directly through this link:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/archive

There are still some tweaks that will occur for the archive but for now hopefully this will provide helpful information on older product that many of you like to seek out.

Please note, pricing of older product may not display on some of the archive pages (though you can find it by hovering your mouse over the thumb image that pops up when you search before clicking over to the actual archive page) but that's currently being worked on to be fixed shortly.

-SideshowAlex

Hi All!

There is now an archive search for those looking to find older products. It can be found in the footer of the Sideshow site or directly through this link:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/archive

There are still some tweaks that will occur for the archive but for now hopefully this will provide helpful information on older product that many of you like to seek out.

Please note, pricing of older product may not display on some of the archive pages (though you can find it by hovering your mouse over the thumb image that pops up when you search before clicking over to the actual archive page) but that's currently being worked on to be fixed shortly.

-SideshowAlex

Cool, thanks Alex. Very convenient to have this back on the site!

Back