New SSC Website Design

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am unsure if it's just how it's pulling up on my phone but to me all I see is hot toys. Is it different on a non mobile device?

all I see is hot toys.

thatsthejoke.jpg

But seriously, 6 of the 8 newest releases are Hot Toys, sooooo yeah you're gonna see a lot of Hot Toys.

I like it a lot. It's nice and clean. I especially like how there's one large pic of the item on the product page. I just wish all the gallery pics were larger.

So far it looks like they have gotten rid of the product archive, 360 degree views, and product preview pages from what I've seen. Anyone else notice anything else missing or different?

Correct...archive search does not exist on the new site. If or when it becomes available we will let y'all know!

360 QTVRs for many products are currently not available but that is being looked into and hopefully should be resolved quickly.

Product Preview pages - The most recent three can be found in the 'What's New' section of the site. For a full list of previews and teases, those can be found through the Upcoming Products Page on the Sideshow Experience site (or through the 'View All' button in the Coming Soon section in 'What's New'.

-SideshowAlex

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback on the new site so far! We'd love to hear all your thoughts on the new site, so please keep those comments coming. :)

-SideshowAlex

SS is right, the calendar was part of the old website but just on a different page of your account. It shows you when upcoming flexpay payments are scheduled, along with their newsletter and stuff that they're participating in, like say SDCC. It's definitely not for syncing with your Outlook/Google calendar, though.

I'd be surprised if they got rid of the product archive. Probably it'll be integrated down the line.

new feature?

Add this calendar to:

Outlook
iCal
Google Calendar

new feature?

Add this calendar to:

Outlook
iCal
Google Calendar
Ohh, interesting. Yep, pretty sure that is new. I don't have enough going on with Sideshow that syncing would be useful to me, but it's a neat idea.

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback on the new site so far! We'd love to hear all your thoughts on the new site, so please keep those comments coming. :)

-SideshowAlex
Hey Alex, like Batty mentions, I'd like larger gallery pictures and in hi-res, if possible. Really like the new site design overall. Looks much more professional and cleaner.

Unrelated, but one of the Sideshow reps at SDCC mentioned that the Vader gallery would be updated soon with new photos (I'm keen to see the final helmet). Tell them to get on that, chop chop! :D

Last edited:
360 QTVRs for many products are currently not available but that is being looked into and hopefully should be resolved quickly.

It looks like the 360's are back online now :yess:

Hi Everyone!

-SideshowAlex

The site sure does look great! The new look makes it look really classy and I really love the bigger images on the product pages.

Last edited:
I'm really digging the new site. Everything is very clean and simple.

I love the new product pages also, very sharp.

Only thing I'd like to see is an archive for previous items.

Other than that, job well done.

Chris

I'm usually not a fan of changing things up too much, but I must say, I think everything looks great!

Nice job to the team who worked on this!

Not bad, it's a bit bland to be honest. I'm supposed to get excited about buying a comic book character, not be transported to the doctors waiting room....:lol

Classy but I'd have preferred a site that better reflects it's products. Big colours, exciting pages etc etc.

Not going to complain though, it's just a website.

Correct...archive search does not exist on the new site. If or when it becomes available we will let y'all know!

-SideshowAlex

Does this mean wait list is no longer? I was only able to get wait list items to show through archive.

Clean and sharp...lets hope they won't overload it. Love the typo style.

key point. will the new website be able to handle PPOs so we can place specific sale date and time orders???

waiting for a staggered email doesn't really give every collector the same shot at a limited edition piece or product.

Does this mean wait list is no longer? I was only able to get wait list items to show through archive.

another issue that needs to be addressed. once an item sells out, where's the waitlist order feature?

did several searches for recently sold out and shipped items and nothing comes up in the search. just goes to a generic home page of all products.

from what i see, the only way to get to a wait list item is through the page of another item. the battle damaged t-800 for example. on the order page for the regular version is a link to the waitlist of the exclusive. you have to be pretty tenacious to find it.

Yup, PPO's for worthless Star Wars figures.

I don;t think we will see them again with their current model.

Back