NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow?

I'm a bit confused what the P2 has to do with the P1? Are there actually collectors out there who would consider a P2 as the ONLY Predator statue in their collection? Cause if that's the case, I'm blown away.

I would be genuinely shocked if you bought the P2 and decided not to buy a P1 if you don't have any other representation of the P1 in your collection.

But that's just me . . .

A P2 maquette is a nice supplemental piece to a Pred collection but the centerpiece and focus should still revolve around the Jungle Hunter IMO.

It's strictly about funds. Has nothing to do with anything else. And P1 is king all day long with me.

Still, I would probably like to end up with a P2 eventually as well. Timing isn't great right now though.

Not if they have to give huge discounts to do it. When was the last time any EX was discounted? This was a massive failure IMO, the 400 would have sold in less than a week had they tweaked a few things.

Not everyone got a discount. And I highly doubt Sideshow took a loss on this. I maintain, all units sold is a win for them.

the P2 Elder is extremely popular, prolly number 4 on most peoples list, if not higher. The 1:2 LSB would have done well in sales if they didn't cancel it. The 1:5 maquette was ok, but a 1/4 or 1/3 Elder done right would be easy money. I guarantee it.

The fact that they've apparently gone back to P1 suggests it's the only one worth producing because they know the potential it has to make money. Look how long it took from SWS to the P2 maquette and now they're right back to P1... Like I said we may never see P2 Elder maquette or LSF or any other Pred maq/LSF (aside from Wolf LSF since it's open ES) or one may not be far behind but I'm not holding my breath. Furthermore, Elder LSB canceled.... what does that say? And the 1/5 line is much more affordably priced compared to bigger scales so they have more freedom to explore other characters.

Last edited:

When are you gonna pop the question to Sideshow?

Keep in mind this is how I think Sideshow sees it as it pertains to LSF or maquettes considering we haven't seen anything beyond P1 P2 and Wolf since they first released their P1 maquette and now instead of continuing the format with a different Predator it looks like they're just opting to re-do P1 again. Of course I think other Preds are worth making in all scales.

Last edited:

Not everyone got a discount. And I highly doubt Sideshow took a loss on this. I maintain, all units sold is a win for them.
Yes, but many did. It may be a MINOR win in the accounting books only, but not a very good one and they are going to be stuck with the regular for years(that fake sellout is laughable).

Keep in mind this is how I think Sideshow sees it as it pertains to LSF or maquettes considering we haven't seen anything beyond P1 P2 and Wolf since they first released their P1 maquette and now instead of continuing the format with a different Predator it looks like they're just opting to re-do P1 again. Of course I think other Preds are worth making in all scales.

I assume their thinking is they would sell more of the "other" preds when people can get a P1 to anchor the collection. They would not buy others until they have a P1 and it has been so long many current collectors don't have one(at this scale anyway).

The fact that they've apparently gone back to P1 suggests it's the only one worth producing because they know the potential it has to make money. Look how long it took from SWS to the P2 maquette and now they're right back to P1... Like I said we may never see P2 Elder maquette or LSF or any other Pred maq/LSF (aside from Wolf LSF since it's open ES) or one may not be far behind but I'm not holding my breath. Furthermore, Elder LSB canceled.... what does that say? And the 1/5 line is much more affordably priced compared to bigger scales so they have more freedom to explore other characters.

The elder bust got cancelled for the same reason the P2 maquette did presumably. The factory couldn't reproduce it with satisfactory quality, had nothing to do with the character itself. A P1 hasn't been done in 10 years, so that's the biggest reason a new one is more justifiable then a different Pred from a business stand point

Yes, but many did. It may be a MINOR win in the accounting books only, but not a very good one and they are going to be stuck with the regular for years(that fake sellout is laughable).

People will panic and fear missing out altogether on it, so they will settle for the regular for sure, especially since the ex isn't special by any means. Only a small percentage of customers even knew about that discount. The reg won't be around for years because of that.

I thought this was just a redo of the original maquette. It would be great to see a 1:4 P1 in jungle and a P2 on rooftop. In which case I'd probably sell my Cinemaquette and pick up both. I had the original maquette but sold it and got the CM years ago.

There was the 1:5.

I'm sure many would like to forget that piece even exists, or the whole 1:5 line for that matter.

I thought this was just a redo of the original maquette. It would be great to see a 1:4 P1 in jungle and a P2 on rooftop. In which case I'd probably sell my Cinemaquette and pick up both. I had the original maquette but sold it and got the CM years ago.

the base for this one looks relatively more simple than the CM or original P1, which is a shame. The bases could be so much better. That was the only thing I loved about the CM other than the countdown function. The base was perfect.

I'm sure many would like to forget that piece even exists, or the whole 1:5 line for that matter.
Wolf was good, and Scar wasn't that bad despite many people's disliking of the pose. Elder and especially P1 were terrible though.

Elder was by far the best of the 4 IMO. Wolf and Scar(EX only) were decent. P1 not so much.
I'd imagine there are several of us here that agree the P1 wasn't all that, but at 1/5, I didn't even bother getting any of them.

Back