NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow?

Well seeing the success of the predator 2 maquette sales, it is no surprise sideshow is gone right ahead and making another predator statue straight away. It is all a gamble with sideshow, and if a character sells just after becoming available sideshow is going to milk it all they can, so I am very happy sideshow is making more predator

I'd hardly call P2 a success, quite the opposite, and you think they started this project in the last couple of weeks?

Well seeing the success of the predator 2 maquette sales, it is no surprise sideshow is gone right ahead and making another predator statue straight away. It is all a gamble with sideshow, and if a character sells just after becoming available sideshow is going to milk it all they can, so I am very happy sideshow is making more predator

I'd hardly call P2 a success, quite the opposite, and you think they started this project in the last couple of weeks?

This is true, I am sure this predator has been in the works for quite some time, possibly a year or two even. Sideshow does not produce impulse sculpts in the moment unless it is a variant I would think, although not quite sure even about those.

not sure you could call the p2 a failure at all really, yes maybe to the picky few pred collectors on the forums but you have no real insight as to how many where sold around the world and how quickly. I would assume they sold well for them to go ahead and even start another with the p1 when the p2 hadn't shipped yet.

Only 400 Ex and still available when he started shipping can't be called a success.
That's a pretty good indicator as to how quickly it sold.

Would like for this P1 incarnation to maybe have the option of a hand or swap out hand holding a severed spine or perhaps a skull/spine trophy.

Only 400 Ex and still available when he started shipping can't be called a success.
That's a pretty good indicator as to how quickly it sold.

Yarp! :lol

I'm glad Alfred worked on finishing this one, he's an awesome, kind & humble dude, and his talent & approach gives me some hope that it will look more accurate than the P2.

Sideshow know they screwed up with the P2, it cost them, and they won't want to make those mistakes again.

not trying to sound like im sticking up for them but your thinking is flawed. One we have no clue how many where available when this shipped and second just because it didnt sell out before it shipped hardly means its a failure. Granted the p2 did have its flaws that hopefully they will address with this one. The P1 statue as well as the endo arm, and even Pumpkinhead statue to name a few, was available for months after it was shipping. I know because I had ordered it and had to cancel twice on it. Many of sideshows "grail" pieces where available for awhile well after they shipped. Regardless of my post count, I've been at this for well over a decade with them.

with that kind of logic I guess the prime one transformers statues are a failure and most of the cinemequettes..

Last edited:

Doesn't matter now anyway. We're getting a new Pred to tear apart :rotfl

LMAO.

Seriously though - that's what some of the dweebs don't get - if they do a good (or even reasonable) job of the art direction, sculpting, QC & pricing, most people will be full of praise.

As has already been mentioned - we at least have quills (or holes for them - maybe the quills will be the ex? :wink1: ) with this one.

C'mon Sideshow - redeem yourselves this time!

Last edited:

Thank god. Thank god I waited on ordering the P2. I MUST have a 1/4 P1. Collecting life will be complete. :banana:banana:banana

I'm a bit confused what the P2 has to do with the P1? Are there actually collectors out there who would consider a P2 as the ONLY Predator statue in their collection? Cause if that's the case, I'm blown away.

I would be genuinely shocked if you bought the P2 and decided not to buy a P1 if you don't have any other representation of the P1 in your collection.

But that's just me . . .

A P2 maquette is a nice supplemental piece to a Pred collection but the centerpiece and focus should still revolve around the Jungle Hunter IMO.

I'm a bit confused what the P2 has to do with the P1? Are there actually collectors out there who would consider a P2 as the ONLY Predator statue in their collection? Cause if that's the case, I'm blown away.

I would be genuinely shocked if you bought the P2 and decided not to buy a P1 if you don't have any other representation of the P1 in your collection.

But that's just me . . .

A P2 maquette is a nice supplemental piece to a Pred collection but the centerpiece and focus should still revolve around the Jungle Hunter IMO.
Plenty of people like the P2 more than the P1.

I probably like the city Hunter design more personally, especially when masked. But that doesn't mean I don't love the P1 of course..

Doubt we'll see anything beyond P1 and P2 if not ever, for a while seeing as how they're re-doing P1 again.

the P2 Elder is extremely popular, prolly number 4 on most peoples list, if not higher. The 1:2 LSB would have done well in sales if they didn't cancel it. The 1:5 maquette was ok, but a 1/4 or 1/3 Elder done right would be easy money. I guarantee it.

Honestly, I wouldn't have guessed too much judging by the base after seeing the P2 base. I mean, if they only teased the P2 base I would have guessed it was any Predator except the City Hunter, it's not really related to the character. I wouldn't put beyond them to make an Elder in the jungle just because yes.
I should be glad it's P1 since it's more relevant than the Elder and I don't have the first maquette, I guess.

The color of the P2 base and the skulls make it a dead give it's P2 cause of the ship color and the ship had bone trophies in it. What would have been bad ass would be if the different skull trophies were sculpted into the sides of the base. The teeth are the only stupid part about it. I can't imagine any other Predator having that base personally

Back