NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow?

I doubt it, it prolly be just like that for production assembly. The seam would be really ugly if they did that.

I doubt it, it prolly be just like that for production assembly. The seam would be really ugly if they did that.

It's not too bad on the Hot Toys figures, but I agree I wouldn't want a seam either.

Given that the sculpting of this is complete, I wonder how long it'll take for the reveal?

I like ugly seam lines on my $2000 1/3 scale collectibles.

Initially I got the impression it was an Elder since the two inner teeth come out of a bulge like in the Elder's jaw, while the Jungle Hunter has those teeth coming out more straight... but it could be the angle. Body and base suggest the Jungle Hunter too.

Wonder if this will be $1.2K like the P2. Ugh. If the paint app is the same, I wouldn't pay that amount. They'll probably use the same inaccurate netting pattern as well.

Curious to see how this turns out, but the fact that Sideshow's making has me less than enthused. I'd get more value for the money if Prime 1 did it. Now when will they announce that license...

Very curious abt the structural production piece development in this. P2 maquette established the path where this could follow. As seen in the caps, it will have quills but wht abt netting and decal application ? Pretty sure it's gonna cost abt 1.3k but will probably have 2 heads as regural and a display small base for the unused one. The real deadline for SS would be this yr's Comicon.

Initially I got the impression it was an Elder since the two inner teeth come out of a bulge like in the Elder's jaw, while the Jungle Hunter has those teeth coming out more straight... but it could be the angle. Body and base suggest the Jungle Hunter too.

the base really gives it away. I wish it was the Elder sooooooo bad, but the base wouldn't make sense.

Not sure those characters are popular enough. But can they keep doing P1 and P2 over and over again? Hopefully one day they get the treatment.

to a Predator fan, almost every Pred is popular enough for 1/4 treatment. The only main ones I don't care for is Falconer and Scar

any quality Predator piece will bring in profits. There are still only 4 good full Pred statues out there and 3 of them are unaffordable to most of the collecting community.

Doubt we'll see anything beyond P1 and P2 if not ever, for a while seeing as how they're re-doing P1 again.

Last edited:

the base really gives it away. I wish it was the Elder sooooooo bad, but the base wouldn't make sense.

Honestly, I wouldn't have guessed too much judging by the base after seeing the P2 base. I mean, if they only teased the P2 base I would have guessed it was any Predator except the City Hunter, it's not really related to the character. I wouldn't put beyond them to make an Elder in the jungle just because yes.
I should be glad it's P1 since it's more relevant than the Elder and I don't have the first maquette, I guess.

Back