NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do some of the collector mind sharing the difference between the KO and hot toys godfather? I'm in the marker for one, and don't wanna get duped into buying a fake. i understand the original Hot Toys has more accessories ( Diorama, Base, cup and all). But other then those, is there any indication on the suit, h/s that might be fake?

The original has a left hand that has a ring, and the paint job has more details like spots on the face and hands. Supposedly, the suit is actually even better on the KO than the original set.

The original has a left hand that has a ring, and the paint job has more details like spots on the face and hands. Supposedly, the suit is actually even better on the KO than the original set.

Yeah spotting the differences is key because I imagine some people will try to pass off the bootleg version as the real deal. I saw it happen a lot with Wolverine.

I have both and the easiest way to tell with the suit are the lapels are way shinier in the bootleg. Those lapels stick out like a sore thumb.

Like others have said the paint job is obviously better in the hot toys. The chair is hot garbage on the bootleg and no ring on the left hand on the bootleg.

That said I kept the bootleg, sold my hot toys for a pretty penny and allocated the dollas for more dolls.

I kinda forgot what made this one so special. He's just been sitting in his chair on the plaque stand for so long.

I took the package out of my closet today, to take some photos with the backdrop, and I just forgot what a grand package/presentation this thing was. The booklet with the glamor shots of the figure, and the separate boxes for the backdrop and the figure itself. They just don't do packaging like that anymore. I don't think anything else even prior to that had anything like it.

Surprised no one's been talking about the recent Michael heads that's been popping up on eBay. Thought I'd take the plunge and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. Not sure how I feel about the blue eyes but I figure this is the closest we'll to get the Don until if/when an officially licensed Pacino gets released.

If anyone else has gotten this head, feel free to share. I'd love to see the different looks we can come up with.

Here are the scenes I was "inspired" by, not to say they are 100% screen accurate of course. Can't complain since these were all mostly extra parts I had around the house

Last edited:
Heres my michael. Ita great looking sculpt. I brought the sculpt up at the "other" Michael Corleone sculpt page in the customs section and was attacked immediately, lol.....
2015-04-28 17.08.48.jpg2015-04-28 17.08.48.jpg

Heres my michael. Ita great looking sculpt. I brought the sculpt up at the "other" Michael Corleone sculpt page in the customs section and was attacked immediately, lol.....
I don't understand... not a bad looking head at all! But just why are the eyes painted blue? Is it because so the company that owns the likeness can't put any heat on them?

A narrow shoulder body like the TT-18 or 21 should work or some other narrow shoulder body. You don't need that much articulation for the Don.

Back