NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it has so many things the HT doesnt in terms of accuracy, the wider shiny lapel, the slit pocket as opposed to the flap pocket, i did need to take a button off though as the real tux is one button. the sculpt of the KO is an obvious loser to the original hot toys though

I also just right now finished converting my godfather to the modified tux from this kit!

Short head hands flower chair cat and drink are all obviously better with the hot toys and the momstoys tux needs to be gutted around the collar and have the pants hemed a bit to look properly tailored.

He looks great chilipep66! Can't wait for my kit to arrive so I can start the build.

Quick question about the chair on the new version of this figure. On mine the bottom piece that goes into the feet section wobbles around so the chair leans back and won't stand on it own. I'm guessing that's not supposed to happen? I notice there's a little screw near there, might it just need tightening or should I just glue it? Don't want to go to tighten it and accidently break it. I don't know how durable the plastic is on this chair, give the nature of this figure.

I'm still waiting on the body to come in so I haven't seen the figure complete yet but everything looks really good. I can only imagine how amazing the Hot Toys version looks.

Built my Don this morning. Came out great. I used a HT head, COO standard body with MOMTOYS kit. I used the hand included with the kit but will probably switch them out at some point.

I'm debating on what to do with the chair as well. Same wobbling issues. I'm thinking about gluing it solid.

Anyone know the difference between the limited edition that went for $1999 and the regular HT release? Maybe I should sell my HT and just get a KO. Then again might not be worth the hassle factor.

Anyone know the difference between the limited edition that went for $1999 and the regular HT release? Maybe I should sell my HT and just get a KO. Then again might not be worth the hassle factor.

I am not super familiar with the limited edition. The HT release is better in terms of sculpt, paint and hands. If you are open to take a hit in quality you stand to make a healthy profit off of the hot toys figure.

Apparently, the headsculpt looks slightly better. A pic I found makes it appear that the sculpt is a bit crisper

a2HqMrC.jpg

The spec is thus:

- Freshly produced with new PVC material, perfectly presents face details of the Don
- Paint-work on every single piece will be quality controlled by JC Hong (Art Director in Chief of Hot Toys Limited)
- Limited to 20pcs worldwide, especially produced for Taiwan Typhoon Relief Donation
- Certificate of Authenticity with serial numbers and signatures of Howard Chan and JC Hong

The thread is here https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-charity-auction-taiwan-typhoon-disaster.html

I'm so on the fence with one. I can get a brand new for a pricey price tag.

I have seen the k.o. godfather here, and I must say they look pretty good. However , I have seen worst godfather on my local page.

I'm so on the fence with one. I can get a brand new for a pricey price tag.

I have seen the k.o. godfather here, and I must say they look pretty good. However , I have seen worst godfather on my local page.

For the price, the KO serves its purpose. I would prefer to have the HT figure; however I'm not willing to pay the going rate. If it's ever re-released I will buy it.

If you can afford the original, go for it, but if you just want a godfather in the collection, then save hundreds of dollars and get the KO.

I'm just going to wait until there's either a good deal or there's a quiet enough period where I can afford to spend that money. I love The Godfather and I need Vito to go with Michael.

I love my KO. Yes I would prefer the HT, but like most of us who don't have one -I'm not paying for it.

The KO is miles above better in the suit department then the hT and the other recast head on eBay is much better than the KO head that comes with the set. Chairs pop up from time to time unless you got the cash and are a die hard you can make do just fine.

I bought my godfather the day it came out for retail price and I upgraded my suit to the KO suit.

The KO is miles above better in the suit department then the hT and the other recast head on eBay is much better than the KO head that comes with the set. Chairs pop up from time to time unless you got the cash and are a die hard you can make do just fine.

I bought my godfather the day it came out for retail price and I upgraded my suit to the KO suit.

Is this the head your referring to? I just bought the set but I want to get the best sculpt possible:

Joptoys 1 6 Scale Marlon Brando The God Father Head Sculpt for Hot Toys Body | eBay

HT should reissue this figure a la BR Joker. Maybe with an improved suit.

The demand certainly appears to be there.

Back