NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is a futzing issue. I should have mine by the end of this week. I imagine if anything it is a jumping off point and I may upgrade / bash other parts / features.

Please take some pics when u get it. Thinking bout picking it up

I had a chance to get HT Godfather for $150 when it first came out and passed, I see it's going for $1,000-$1,500. Why has this figure skyrocketed in price?

I had a chance to get HT Godfather for $150 when it first came out and passed, I see it's going for $1,000-$1,500. Why has this figure skyrocketed in price?

Supply and demand. This is a great figure from a great movie, one the likes we will not see again from a major manufacture, let alone one as excellent as this from HT.

aiKE0u6.jpg

It is like a piece of art, the fingernails hand the little whites on them like real nails do, just so much detail in the face. IMO Hot Toy's best figure. I really regret losing it when I really needed money during the recession. But a figure I still think of very fondly to this day.

The ht figure is a bit dated now but it holds up far far better than any one of their peices from that era that's for sure. He came out right before they really hit their stride and they have since plateaued and even dipped behind a bit at times.

The likelihood that a better godfather figure will ever see the light of day is slim to none.

In fact the typhoon exclusive version is likely the best possible godfather but I beleive there may only be 5 of them.

I looked back at mine and was surprised to notice his outfit is actually very sharp, even in comparison today.

He came out during the same time as figures like Two-Face... TF's suit is awful.

The ht figure is a bit dated now but it holds up far far better than any one of their peices from that era that's for sure. He came out right before they really hit their stride and they have since plateaued and even dipped behind a bit at times.

The likelihood that a better godfather figure will ever see the light of day is slim to none.

In fact the typhoon exclusive version is likely the best possible godfather but I beleive there may only be 5 of them.

Are those like the prototype?
I remember seeing, like pics just before they were released(mass produced version). Factory pics, and they had all the heads laid out and you could see that not one was exactly the same, they had subtle differences like in the liver spots or something minor like that.

It was the Taiwan typhoon charity version. Each peice was oversaw by jc hong in terms of paint control and it was cast with the current better pvc plastic so the details and paint were crisp. They literally changed their process in the middle of this era with their John Connor figure the first half used the crap plastic that they used for godfather and the second half used what they currently uses and have stuck with since.

Only the quality was much better from the get go with the godfather and they got away withnit as best as they could but you can tell that the visual effect is not as effective as where they soon grew into. Godfather just missed that window but was in part a big part of the reason that those kinds of manufacturing processes were even discovered in the first place.

They tried to go for that translucent skin look with that old plastic. It was only used on a few figures. In bright flash lighting, it doesn't look so great.

The new material is probably a better compromise. I don't believe they've been using the same stuff since 2009 though. Plastics definitely have changed here and there.

if you go back and look at origins wolvie now he looks super dated next to the Wolverine wolvie. I think they are currently at their best actually since about mid 2013.

The new captain america Rogers is probably their best HS ever in terms of quality, plastic, paint and likeness. But things like T1 and T2 battle damaged and this new cap have taken it to a whole other level for HT

I got the Godfather kit off eBay! It is looking really good! There are some imperfections on the chair, which are hard to notice when he is sitting in it. The tailoring on the tuxedo is great! It comes with a really nice padded "fat" suit and the clothing is tailored to it perfectly. The white shirt is a really thin fabric so all of the layers sit nicely. The only important thing the set is missing is a ring hand. I made the ring using electrical tape and gold paint, it works extremely well.

Here is a crappy shot of it, I have some futzing to do. His hand looks larger than it is because of how I posed it.

IMG_7123.jpg

Wow, the sculpt looks better than I thought. He looks great! Nice job with the ring. Now are there any aged looking hands out there? Prob going to paint some if not. Just ordered my set yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also recently received my custom set.
It really is a great set for those who missed out or can't afford the original Hot Toys version.
Here are a couple shots I took:

Back