NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recently packed away my HT Godfather for a big move... I reopened the package and noticed I somehow lost the little rose on the lapel... ahhhhh! I searched everrryyyywhere.
Is ebay my only chance to find one of those?

That's where I'd look to buy one... there are places that part them out like Toy Anxiety, but my guess is they are sold out of most of the parts.

guys, need your opinion here. any comments or input will be greatly appreciated.

i already have my don and yet im still planning to purchase another head sculpt of this figure. (yes, only the head sculpt)

i ask for some photos and the seller did provided me. as i reviewed the pix, i noticed something strange with the mold line at the top of the head. in my existing don, there is only ONE mold line that can be found. But his figure have TWO mold lines.

can somebody tell me if this head sculpt is original or just a fake one?

i hope you'll try look at your don and give me your opinion on this matter.

thanks in advance fellow don owners. :wave

Hello all,

I was recently watching The Godfather with Coppola's commentary on, and he mentioned that he purchased the desk from the production and had it on display in his winery. A quick Google search told me that his winery was only a couple hours away from me, so a nice little Sunday adventure over to Francis Ford Coppola Winery in Geyserville, California, and I was able to view THE chair and desk that Marlon Brando sat at.

And yes, I have pics. I was surprised to see the desk and chair were not in very good condition. As you can see the stuffing is coming out of the chair arms and the finish on the desk is chipped away. There are even some spills on the desk!! Despite all that, it was quite a thrill to see the real deal, especially since I have a miniature version in my Detolf. I took as many detailed pictures of the desk as I could, in the off chance that one day, I may be able to commission a 1/6 scale desk.

001zm.png

002ko.png

003h.png

004er.png

005kz.png

014e.png

015k.png

016qk.png

021h.png

032n.png

Great shots of the chair and desk. Looking over at my HT Godfather's chair. Amazing, what a great job Hot Toys did in replicating the design on the chair.

I really wanted to sit in the chair, but in the condition it was in, I was afraid I would break it :(

And plus, I didn't want to be *that guy*. . . "Sir, could you please not sit in the Don's chair".

It was weird, you just walk up the stairs and there's his desk. I'm just thinking to myself "Don't you people realize how awesome this is??" I guess I'm just used to Star Wars props being behind glass. Also, it's at a winery, so it's mostly rich old people waltzing around having a nice distraction while they sip on wine. Here I am, taking all these pics of the Godfather's desk and people are getting out of my way, cuz they can see I'm having a moment. :D

Great pics! HT really did nail the chair. Too bad the real one hasn't been kept in great shape. While its far from accurate, I've been using the Redemption figure's desk for my Don.

Not paying the Ebay prices either. My budget is through the roof as it is.

THE figure that changed Hot Toys along with BR Joker Imo. BR Joker wears makeup though, as this one does not sooo..The Don gets the nod as the first truly amazing head sculpt/paint from HT which is quite fitting . Still need to pick this one up myself.

is Hot Toys releasing anymore Godfather characters or is Vito it?

That's kind of what we're all wondering. The Don was a home run -it would be a shame to stop there. It's safe to assume that Michael from Part II would be another hit and a great companion piece. That and nobody has tackled Pacino yet.

Scarface collectibles don't do it for me. It's all about the Godfather.

Back