NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally picked up the Don! :rock

He should be in the collection by this week. I would like to do a Coppola shelf if HT (and Deniro/Pacino) could stop dragging their feet for more Godfather figs, but for now he's going to hafta chill w/ Jor-El. :gah:

Kojun working with HT does not mean much. Its Bobby De Niro and Al who don't want the figures made. Otherwise Kojun could just sculpt whatever he wanted.

NEver seen so many pics of the Kojun young Vito. Still wish I could have that outfit in some way but I think i got it pretty close... now seeing that I atualy really prefer Kai's head.

the HS pics are of Al
didn't Pacino give approval in the past for SS Scarface . if so then HT should aggressively pursue him for the license . the quality is there , even he would have to admit that

Last edited:
the HS pics are of Al
didn't Pacino give approval in the past for SS Scarface . if so then HT should aggressively pursue him for the license . the quality is there , even he would have to admit that

I believe the Scarface deal was a loophole. In the same way there are so many Scarface t-shirts and whatnot, that property became a license juggernaut for a while. I remember some exclusivity deal with the Pacino and the Scarface property. It's why they could use Pacino's likeness for the Scarface video game but not the Godfather game. Godfather had EVERYONE except Pacino.

I believe right now, the only chance for a Pacino Godfather fig is when Pacino passes, and his estate negotiates.

I believe the Scarface deal was a loophole. In the same way there are so many Scarface t-shirts and whatnot, that property became a license juggernaut for a while. I remember some exclusivity deal with the Pacino and the Scarface property. It's why they could use Pacino's likeness for the Scarface video game but not the Godfather game. Godfather had EVERYONE except Pacino.

I believe right now, the only chance for a Pacino Godfather fig is when Pacino passes, and his estate negotiates.

maybe Al feels he was not compensated fairly so he will not go with any godfather licensing. i know thats why robert duvall didn't do G III

Congratulations! I am about to buy one, but not sure about the price. How much did you pay?

I could only find it available on ebay and got the exclusive version for £285 which is about $453 US dollars.
I couldve got it for a little bit cheaper but the seller had a great reputation and it was an exclusive version so I went for it(although the hat wont be getting any use on this figure...I may use it for a custom figure later on)

I could only find it available on ebay and got the exclusive version for £285 which is about $453 US dollars.
I couldve got it for a little bit cheaper but the seller had a great reputation and it was an exclusive version so I went for it(although the hat wont be getting any use on this figure...I may use it for a custom figure later on)

Im buying one standard version for $410 shipping included. seller has good reputation. I guess is not a bad deal at all.

btw the hat could work for a custom X-Men Origins Gambit.

Im buying one standard version for $410 shipping included. seller has good reputation. I guess is not a bad deal at all.

btw the hat could work for a custom X-Men Origins Gambit.

Yeah, thats a good deal now, considering how rare it is.
Mine includes shipping too by the way.

I regretfully passed on this guy, and can't afford the current prices. As a Hot Toys fan who's never owned an Enterbay figure, I was just wondering if the Enterbay figure is a worthy alternative.

Thanks!

I regretfully passed on this guy, and can't afford the current prices. As a Hot Toys fan who's never owned an Enterbay figure, I was just wondering if the Enterbay figure is a worthy alternative.

Thanks!

It is not my friend. Enterbay's headsculpt doesnt bear the slightest resemblance of brando

I think that's unfair to the sculptor. From pics it's immediately recognizable as Brando, as is the Hot Toys figure. They look different from each other, but both resemble Brando in their own way. Again, I don't know, since I own neither, I'm just going by pictures.

I regretfully passed on this guy, and can't afford the current prices. As a Hot Toys fan who's never owned an Enterbay figure, I was just wondering if the Enterbay figure is a worthy alternative.Thanks!

2zri2ih.jpg

review_ebdon_large.jpg

600full-the-godfather-trilogy%3A-1901--1980-poster.jpg

I guess people can understand that both are representations of the Godfather... but let's not kid ourselves here... Hot Toys is clearly superior. And this is going by actual in-hand pics, not the misleading protos.

Back