NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm stunned. Truly. I have well over a hundred 1/6 scale figures and I have never been so amazed with a figure. Ever. I actually feel lucky to own this, its a step beyond just a figure, its a work of art. Hot Toys has set a frighteningly high standard with this the Godfather. I am really shocked at the quality.

That is the same reaction I had when opening him up... this figure is just beyond anything else that's been made. Definitely the next step in figure evolution :lecture

I think that this figure is just more proof that competition is very healthy. Without the threat of Enterbay we probably would have gotten more of the same from Hot Toys. However, that was definitely not so in this case. When I got this box in the mail I was just surprised. I had to open it right away because it was so heavy and gigantic. The box is incredible, the accessories are superfluous, and the price was still the same as any other Hot Toys figure. Finally, something worth the bucks.

el roranous, you really believe they gave us more accessories than we needed?

Well... we don't really need any but I do believe they gave us more than they would have if they hadn't been competing with Enterbay. The cat, the chair, the base, the backdrop. All way more than what the usual Hot Toys figure comes with.

I think the cat and the chair were always in the package. Only the base and backdrop were added in response to Enterbay.

Finally had the time to sit down and actually enjoy this AMAZING figure, I know there are tons of pics already, but I really enjoying taking shot of this one, check em out:

1.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

19.jpg

21.jpg

32.jpg

34.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

Roy your Godfather setup looks amazing! I think you should both remove his jacket and stand him up next to the chair though. Looks more original if he's standing there with jacket on the back of the chair while petting his cat.

This economy is the only reason I can think of for that. A lot of figures seem to be ending up on second chance that you would never think would.

No pix, but I set mine up in my office today -- and made three of my friends extremely jealous.

I got this earlier this morning. Opening the packaging was almost like opening an Apple product. I kept going "oohhhhh...." my wife was laughing at me 'cause she could hear me from the other room :lol

I don't need to add anything else than what's already been said. This is a piece of art. Hot Toys and Enterbey are spoiling us at the moment. Each version has something that's better than the other... but you know what? ..if you get either of these then you're in for a treat I'd say.

This hobby certainly has come a long way (and gotten more expensive!!)

I love the face on this, I love the paint, I love the clothing (although the tux Jacket does look a little like an overcoat sometimes... have to see if I can fix that), love the chair... damn, that chair. I thought it was a molded seat.. but no, padded!!!! and the back.. and the armrests!!! ....padded ^^^^ing armrests??? unbelievable!

The carpet base with brass name plaque and rear walls just complete the "oooh...." factor, and take this to being something more than just a well made figure. This does exactly what I always try to do with my customs, which is to get the actor in 12" form... and make a bit of a musem display.

But Hot Toys took that, and ran with it.

Incredible figure. Absolutely incredible. And for my first purchase since..... wow, since probably my wedding last year (!). .... this was a good one to come back to!

don1.jpg

Back