1/6 [ New ] PANGAEA Toy 1/6 Gladiator General PG02 Official Pictures Updated!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered both the General Arena and the Deluxe version. The plan is to make one figure and part the other or sell as a figure. Wanted the Straight stare sculpt on the General figure. May try and find a decent seamless body to see how it looks as well.
Having seen the figure in person and loving this movie I had to have this. Looks real nice in hand. Pangaea did a great job on this figure.

I ordered both the General Arena and the Deluxe version. The plan is to make one figure and part the other or sell as a figure. Wanted the Straight stare sculpt on the General figure. May try and find a decent seamless body to see how it looks as well.
Having seen the figure in person and loving this movie I had to have this. Looks real nice in hand. Pangaea did a great job on this figure.

Agree.....while I can nitpick the sculpt, pieces being cloth that I wish was other material and the method of attaching the armor etc. I am very pleased to have this piece in my collection...looks great once it comes together with all the other pieces.

Really pleased with this.

The leather chest armor is weathered to look like leather, which is a nice touch.

005_1_zpsdep0vvhc.jpg

Looks great bud! -

Is Pangae and aci toys both the same! The reason I am asking is that I have seen the protective steel armor net in some and the same is not there in some others. I intend to buy it to display as a helmet on version and I believe in that he wears the above version with a net! Hence the question!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

I got both versions and the above pic is a mix and match.

Body and studded belt from Kaustic, and the rest Pangaea. Head sculpt from iminime.

I used 1200 grit paper to remove the silver around the left shoulder strap (as you look at it). There are different variations from different fights, so you just have to pic the one you like best i suppose.

gladiator-joaquin-phoenix-russell-crowe_zpszs3tqdfp.jpg

Haven't posted here much lately, but thought I'd post pics of this guy. Newest addition to the collection. Was a little worried about this figure from the first few pics, but I must say he is a LOT better in person. I was pleasantly surprised. I've already given him a dry brush "dirty" look on his sculpt. I plan to go back and add more to the whole body and sweat look. Just want to tell those that are a fan of the film and character and if you are on the fence about the figure I highly recommend it. :)

uploadfromtaptalk1440441132861.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440441164696.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440441185688.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I ordered the dlx version and it arrived today.
Instead of joy I feel sad, 'cause right when I took it out and inspect it I found out 3 problems:

1) The pins that hold the shoulder armor are completely or semi-broken

11903423_10207624550160749_1970995619_n.jpg

2) There is a big yellowish stripe at the center on the back of the armor

11903344_10207624549640736_1079301029_n.jpg

3) The body is loose on the waist

Has anyone else had these or similar problems?
What would you do if it happened to you?

No problems on my Dx version, sorry man. that said, I am leery of changing armory as I want to avoid the "pin" issue you show. They seem very fragile so I am not surprised their broken out of the box.

Quick question guys: has anybody tried ACI's shin guards over these boots? I was thinking they might work for the General, since ACI's don't look too good IMHO...

Haven't posted here much lately, but thought I'd post pics of this guy. Newest addition to the collection. Was a little worried about this figure from the first few pics, but I must say he is a LOT better in person. I was pleasantly surprised. I've already given him a dry brush "dirty" look on his sculpt. I plan to go back and add more to the whole body and sweat look. Just want to tell those that are a fan of the film and character and if you are on the fence about the figure I highly recommend it. :)

View attachment 205925View attachment 205926View attachment 205927

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Nice stand. Did you custom make it?

While trying to put the helmet on it made a rub on his nose. How the heck to you get the helmet on?

I ordered the dlx version and it arrived today.
Instead of joy I feel sad, 'cause right when I took it out and inspect it I found out 3 problems:

1) The pins that hold the shoulder armor are completely or semi-broken

View attachment 206531

2) There is a big yellowish stripe at the center on the back of the armor

View attachment 206532

3) The body is loose on the waist

Has anyone else had these or similar problems?
What would you do if it happened to you?

Mine has the yellow stripe down the armor spine. This looks like intentional weathering to me. Paint matches the weathering on both sides of the leather armor as well.

So putting the helmet on once and taking it off definitely scrapes the end of the nose and leaves a permanent mark. I'm going to have to buy another head loose off ebay now so I can display him without the helmet and use the now damaged sculpt to keep permanently wearing the helmet and switch out the heads.

Back