Premium Format New Mystique Premium Format (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Same pose as Electra pf?! What a joke! Pass."

Wow yeah and the Electra has the same pose as a couple other statues that are out...come on SS ...can't believe it possibly has a broken x symbol on the base like XM's version...need to see more pics to confirm this. SS needs some new blood designs are getting overdone imo Pass....

Honestly, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or you're being serious?

XM studios have just sneaked their Mystique. Blows Sideshows out of the water in my opinion, XM's actually looks feminine and sexy.

33988225_1139280839547569_6698541435630649344_n.jpg

Mystique-Sideshow-Collectibles-Figure-1.jpg

XM studios have just sneaked their Mystique. Blows Sideshows out of the water in my opinion, XM's actually looks feminine and sexy.

33988225_1139280839547569_6698541435630649344_n.jpg

Mystique-Sideshow-Collectibles-Figure-Flipped.jpg

I figure ...if it's going to be a comparison, then both statues should be facing the same direction. I know the SSC pic has Wolverine in the foreground, but at least the SSC Mystique statue is facing the right direction.

Yes, XM's version has the prettier portrait. But I don't think SSC's version is ugly ...it looks good actually. I wish XM had a better pose, tho. SSC chose the better pose for their Mystique statue.

I can't wait to see the COH and COA from SSC.

Hoping with the second portrait and second right arm, the SSC version might look better. We shall see ....

Yeah the Sideshow one looks like a cosplayer the XM one looks like it jumped out of the comics.

I agree with this. XM's long haired portrait is spot on. The costume is sexy (minus the dark gray piping which I hate) and I absolutely love the 'blowing smoke from the gun' look.

Honestly both will look great! But as others have stated it will be a deciding factor on pose. I can’t really say which is better as the XM one is a terrible pic. Will wait for more pro pics of that one. The base is kinda dull but I do like the blowing smoke from the gun pose.

The sideshow piece looks kinda cool. Not sure I like that portrait as much. But will wait until both Have better pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XM has more of a pin-up vibe to it, higher heels with on leg up and puckered lips. That's a no brainer.. :lol

I like the SS one a bit more, though I'm not crazy with the black holster/straps. I think it detracts a little from the total presentation. I do like the SS outfit more than XM.

Last edited:
Yup, have to agree. Always thought of Mystique being vicious and deadly. XM's version is too much pin-up ...with an awkward pose. While SSC's version looks like she's up to no good.

I like both, have a feeling the XM will have the better paint job and will look better overall, however the pose is a little bishoujo for my liking and not as badass as I would like. If it had both feet planted on the ground I think it would look killer

Yup, have to agree. Always thought of Mystique being vicious and deadly. XM's version is too much pin-up ...with an awkward pose. While SSC's version looks like she's up to no good.

100% agree.

I do like the SS one better as you can clearly tell she's up to no good while the other is a pin up pose. After the X-Men line announcement I decided not to get Elektra so it kind of works out that the pose are somewhat similar but I can see those who are getting both being a bit annoyed with the fact. I'm hoping they will have a long haired version as a switch out though. I can't recall Mystique having short cropped hair in the comics... Looking forward to more pictures. On another note I couldn't find any official posting of those pics from SS, anyone know where they came from ?

I do like the SS one better as you can clearly tell she's up to no good while the other is a pin up pose. After the X-Men line announcement I decided not to get Elektra so it kind of works out that the pose are somewhat similar but I can see those who are getting both being a bit annoyed with the fact. I'm hoping they will have a long haired version as a switch out though. I can't recall Mystique having short cropped hair in the comics... Looking forward to more pictures. On another note I couldn't find any official posting of those pics from SS, anyone know where they came from ?

John Byrne definitely drew Mystique with short cropped hair back in the 80's when he pencilled the X-MEN. I think Dave Cockrum did as well when he introduced the character in Ms. Marvel. So, she does have a history with that hair style.

John Byrne definitely drew Mystique with short cropped hair back in the 80's when he pencilled the X-MEN. I think Dave Cockrum did as well when he introduced the character in Ms. Marvel. So, she does have a history with that hair style.

Thanks, it's been a while since I read X-Men where Mystique was in the picture so my memory was fuzzy.

XM has more of a pin-up vibe to it, higher heels with on leg up and puckered lips. That's a no brainer.. :lol

I like the SS one a bit more, though I'm not crazy with the black holster/straps. I think it detracts a little from the total presentation. I do like the SS outfit more than XM.

The XM reminds me of the Masterworks cards

Back