New Medicom Daft Punk TRON Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets see, Hot Toys Bruce Lee that comes with pretty much 2 figures and a elaborate stand for $220 or a single nobody figure that comes with nothing for $230 . . . .

Lets see, Hot Toys Bruce Lee that comes with pretty much 2 figures and a elaborate stand for $220 or a single nobody figure that comes with nothing for $230 . . . .
their album sales, merchandise aftermarket prices, and concert turnouts beg to differ.

but i agree the Bruce figure is a better deal for the $$. plus, i kinda hate Medicom.

Oh ____, now my Medicom R2 & 3PO look like a bargain. *SIGH* This is going to be hard, I am a huge fan and I think the movie looks great. Oh god...time to make a decision. $229 sucks.

To be fair, Medicom is a Japanese company, and currently the Japanese Yen is rising against the U.S. dollar. The state of our economy is partly to blame.

That being said, it does seem like Sideshow's and BBTS's prices are a bit high. When converted, the yen price on one of these figures (about 19,700) converts to $240.

To be fair, Medicom is a Japanese company, and currently the Japanese Yen is rising against the U.S. dollar. The state of our economy is partly to blame.

That being said, it does seem like Sideshow's and BBTS's prices are a bit high. When converted, the yen price on one of these figures (about 19,700) converts to $240.
and i wouldn't have a problem with the price at all... if this was Hot Toys. but it's not, it's Medicom, and their figures just aren't that great. i feel like i'm paying top dollar for a happy meal when i could be getting a steak dinner. then again, i'd snag these for $160, so it shouldn't be a problem. and these will skyrocket on the secondary market so it's not like i can wait for a better deal later.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm starting to get pretty torn on the whole price / quality / absence of many other Daft Punk collectibles situation.

If they stay at these price points, and the final product remains as "eh" as they look now, I might settle for some Kubricks.

I might settle for some Kubricks.

Maybe I've missed a long conversation somewhere but isn't there even a slight possibility that Hot Toys will be making Daft Punk figures since they have the Tron license, is that completely ruled out?

Maybe I've missed a long conversation somewhere but isn't there even a slight possibility that Hot Toys will be making Daft Punk figures since they have the Tron license, is that completely ruled out?
Tron license does not equal Daft license. they are not owned by Disney.

and i ____ing hate kubricks/bearbricks.

I'm not as vehemently against the Kubricks. When I think about the original TRON figures, they kind of take me back to those. I don't think I can justify the price tag on the RAH's though. I can only hope the helmets light up. For that price they almost have to.

I'm not as vehemently against the Kubricks. When I think about the original TRON figures, they kind of take me back to those. I don't think I can justify the price tag on the RAH's though. I can only hope the helmets light up. For that price they almost have to.

The bad news is that I have seen NOTHING that indicates that these light up. $200 bucks a pop is nuts...oh well....

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/hGuLVB72ohg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/hGuLVB72ohg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

You know TBH after seeing more of the pics, I dont feel like these are up to snuff compared to their older ones. I kinda feel these look cheap ish compared to the Discovery and Alive ones.

That being said 440? (cheapest scenario ive seen) is just too much for 2 figures. For that amount you can get an Ex Bruce Lee and Terminator 1 and still have money left over hahah.

I <3 Daft Punk, but I mean, this amount of money for virtually nothing just doesnt make sense.

Also the crappy bodies, and quality doesnt help either. I mean ____, on my Medicom Snake one leg is longer than the other -_-

For 160 he shouldnt have to lean because of a short leg.

Back